Studs and duds KC

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense played great.

Watching Love gave me flashbacks to Favre. He threw some passes where I audibly said "what are you doing?" because they were so ill-advised.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Defense what a great show today.

Duds

Special Teams

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Gotta give the entire defense big time studs. ANY time you hold Patrick Mahomes (albeit while he's struggling) to 13 points, you're doing something incredible.

Offensively, I think Dillon played a great game. Cobb made a couple of massive plays to get first downs and keep drives going.

Duds?

Special teams is awful. Love wasn't good at all except on that one drive. LaFleur I thought called a pretty lousy game for the most part.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Defense

Duds: Special teams.. and Jordan Love. If he's an average QB they win this game, that's how great this defense played

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLFs play calling was off. No runs in 2q. First playaction came in 3q. O looked lethargic and slow.

Love had flashes. Lots of mistakes, but can be put down to lack of sync. Still decent to be a backup QB.

D is great.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Studs-
Krys Barnes
Darnell Savage
Slaton
Gary
AJ Dillion

Duds-
Special teams
Love was painful to watch until the 4th quarter. It felt like his throws took minutes to POC. Don’t feel good about him leading this team currently. If Rodgers is gone, draft another QB in the first round if this is who he is.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Dillon, A Jones. They run hard.
Defense. DC.

Duds
King, for dropping an easy pick.
M. Taylor, for not being anywhere else but where the punt landed.
Crosby. I don’t care if the laces aren’t correct. Kick the damned FG.
MLF - the buck stops with him. Special teams has been a disaster all season, but nothing gets done about. Cost us this game.

Love was ok. Hopefully the sky is still the limit.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Okay. Let me dig in a little on Jordan Love.

He obviously played with a calmness, at least in his demeanor. But you could tell he was very jittery early on. He literally did not make a single impact play before the touchdown drive in the 4th. A couple of dump downs to Dillon, and an answered prayer to Cobb on a Favre like heave down the field.

Made a lot of pretty awful throws. I didn't expect him to be Rodgers. I didn't even really expect him to be average. But a season a half into his career, I'm not sure there's much of an excuse for him to look the way he did.

Didn't get a lot of help from the offensive line, in fairness. But he had enough clean pockets to make good throws and he just didn't make many good ones.

Though he played with a calmness, I thought he played with almost zero energy. No enthusiasm. No excitement. That's not what you want from your quarterback.

I'm not writing his NFL obituary, but that was a pretty bad outing for him.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. Let me dig in a little on Jordan Love.

He obviously played with a calmness, at least in his demeanor. But you could tell he was very jittery early on. He literally did not make a single impact play before the touchdown drive in the 4th. A couple of dump downs to Dillon, and an answered prayer to Cobb on a Favre like heave down the field.

Made a lot of pretty awful throws. I didn't expect him to be Rodgers. I didn't even really expect him to be average. But a season a half into his career, I'm not sure there's much of an excuse for him to look the way he did.

Didn't get a lot of help from the offensive line, in fairness. But he had enough clean pockets to make good throws and he just didn't make many good ones.

Though he played with a calmness, I thought he played with almost zero energy. No enthusiasm. No excitement. That's not what you want from your quarterback.

I'm not writing his NFL obituary, but that was a pretty bad outing for him.
A bit harsh. Not sure how much freedom he had in play calling. The 2 drives at the end were all promising and shows what he can do with a quick offense. I'd put most down to lack of trust in him and lack of sync between him and WRs. Some bad decisions, but really acceptable for his first outing.

Reaction score
IMO, Love was just ok. He’s on the scout team for heavens sake. He gets 3 practices with 1st team and goes on the road to KC in his first contest.

As objectively as I can I’d say he played C- for his 1st start. Love did start looking more comfortable as the game went on.
7/7 and a TD on the last drive. Pretty
meh performance and looked like a combo of nerves mixed with play calling 1 arm behind his back, certainly not enough to make a grandiose proclamation either direction.

Incredible Defense! If we get Z and J’aire back in the mix were a top #8 Defense.

Terrible ST!

Last edited:

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uber dud: Rodgers...goes without saying
Duds: Special teams
Studs: Defense, they are getting better.
Semi duds: Chiefs; they certainly are not playing like a Super Bowl team.
Semi Stud: Love; I wasn't expecting him to win the game, but he did his best. Plus a touchdown pass.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Defense, Dillon, Jones
Duds - ST, Crosby (calling him out besides ST play) O-line.
Meh - Love. He played just OK all things considered but factoring in he was a 1st round pick, he didn't show it. He played like a 2nd or 3rd round pick. I'm not feeling it.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Def- Specifically Savage and Barnes. Gary was solid but blew the TD run.
Dillon- He was bailing this team out early in this one. Really he didnt get the ball enough.

Duds:
Love- That was the type of QB play I have made fun of the Vikings and Bears for. The same scrubs they draft was what Love looked like today. Inaccurate. No clue how to presnap read. Bailed out of the pocket too soon and looked panicked. This was a bad defense we played. Had we lost and he looked competent I would be ok. He looked awful.
Gutenkunst- I mean if this is what he decided to wreck a good thing for he deserves to be on this list. We could have 2 players in their 2nd year making an impact and ascending from last years class. Instead we got Love.
Oline- They had a really bad game across the board. Not a single one of them played well. Jenkins and Turner were getting beat. The interior was getting beat like a drum.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Love was painful to watch until the 4th quarter. It felt like his throws took minutes to POC. Don’t feel good… If Rodgers is gone, draft another QB in the first round if this is who he is.

Love threw as many TDs and more yards than Mahomes. He was far from impressive, but so was the other MVP-QB today. If our special teams did their jobs better, this game could have been a win.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Love threw as many TDs and more yards than Mahomes. He was far from impressive, but so was the other MVP-QB today. If our special teams did their jobs better, this game could have been a win.
This whole comparison of Love's production to Mahomes' is lazy and so misleading. Mahomes is a MVP quarterback that's won a Super Bowl and he's struggling right now as teams have come up with a slight blueprint to slow his teams down. He just does NOT want to play small ball and move the ball down the field and neither does his coach. They are going to struggle for a while if they are that stubborn.

PFanCan

Reaction score

Duds:
Love- Inaccurate. No clue how to presnap read. Bailed out of the pocket too soon and looked panicked. This was a bad defense we played. Had we lost and he looked competent I would be ok. He looked awful

Oline- They had a really bad game across the board. Not a single one of them played well. Jenkins and Turner were getting beat. The interior was getting beat like a drum.

Is it possible that these two performances are somehow connected?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bit harsh. Not sure how much freedom he had in play calling. The 2 drives at the end were all promising and shows what he can do with a quick offense. I'd put most down to lack of trust in him and lack of sync between him and WRs. Some bad decisions, but really acceptable for his first outing.
I have a feeling he was told NOT to change any plays that were called in. KC did the smart thing and they sent the house. Love looked like a rookie and tbh he almost is. He had no offseason work in 2020 and was never active for any game last year. I saw some promising things in the 4th quarter so perhaps the coaches can build on that. I hope we keep AR for at least another year. Love isn't ready, that's for sure.

PFanCan

Reaction score
This whole comparison of Love's production to Mahomes' is lazy and so misleading. Mahomes is a MVP quarterback that's won a Super Bowl and he's struggling right now as teams have come up with a slight blueprint to slow his teams down. He just does NOT want to play small ball and move the ball down the field and neither does his coach. They are going to struggle for a while if they are that stubborn.

I stated facts. You stated thoughts that are in your head. Or did Mahomes call you and tell you that he does NOT want to play small ball?

Members online

Latest posts