Staubach On Favre

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
holy cow, ive never encountered anyone in my life link Chicagosports.com

i love that site, it has good cubs(owned by tribune) and bulls news!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it interesting that most of the people who say Brett should of retired are all the football watchers and the one's who say he should keep playing are the players. Wonder who has a better insight on when to retire. Keep on playing Brett and prove em all wrong.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider - Thanks for the link. I've always hated the Cowboys, but have always had a soft spot for Staubach and Dorsett, because they were both class acts.

I think Staubach's right. Favre should end his career on a high note, and still has the capability to do it. A lot of fans don't understand that the QB isn't everything. A QB needs a line, and somewhat of a running game so the defense doesn't concentrate solely on the pass. Favre's season last year wasn't horrible. He threw for almost 3900 yards. Sure he tried to do too much, but I'd rather have someone trying to win than someone content with losing.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Raider - Thanks for the link. I've always hated the Cowboys, but have always had a soft spot for Staubach and Dorsett, because they were both class acts.

I think Staubach's right. Favre should end his career on a high note, and still has the capability to do it. A lot of fans don't understand that the QB isn't everything. A QB needs a line, and somewhat of a running game so the defense doesn't concentrate solely on the pass. Favre's season last year wasn't horrible. He threw for almost 3900 yards. Sure he tried to do too much, but I'd rather have someone trying to win than someone content with losing.
I agree Zombie. He HAD to try to do too much, as everything else was falling apart. Hopefully he will get some backing from the team this year.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because one guy wants to retire with something left on the table, doesnt mean everyone does. I personally if I was playing would want to play and play until 110% of my talent was drained out of me. Why would you want to waste any of your talent by leaving things on the table.