Aaron Jones on this team

Reaction score
I still believe that a group of good athletes who play for each other can accomplish great things. Some people think that’s old fashioned, but this team is about the team.

Reed, when asked recently, said he was super happy for Doubs even though at his own statistical expense. He himself says this team wants each other to experience success in each Win. He was very intentional about his feelings for his teammate being one of joy.

I had also heard the young receivers blocking for Jones on a TD told him verbally that they loved blocking for him while in their post TD celebration. That’s really quite selfless and one of the most inspiring and impressive things I’ve heard this season.

The true difference in 2023 is the X factor “team center attitude”. In the recent past it was more like we had guys (or small groups of alliances) trying to achieve individual goals. Kind of me against them or “I'm the man” and I don’t hear that sentiment anymore. Matt has made this about team and so much he even gave the gameball to his entire team last week and that was 100% intentional. I think he himself was truly surprised and impressed with how they “went to battle” as a family and rose up against adversity. You can’t teach that part but you can sure reward it and acknowledge her.

Not to mention this. Once your commitment level to your Employer is lost, it sure makes it hard to inspire others or reach your potential. That’s how I saw the 2022 Packers. I’d rather choose the 2023 Packers over the 2022 version regardless of a great QB. This group has made it fun to watch football again. It’s what football should be

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. It's been very exciting watching this team grow together with so many of the guys having really excellent games. We're loaded with fun new tools in the toolbox!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The eye test really validates Jones' comments. Team is playing with a new energy and is having 'fun'. Took a bit for all the newbies to gel, but now we are clicking and the sky is the limit.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve said it though before, it is VERY easy as all are at the same rookie contract points of their career now…once money future starts becoming a factor things can change.

I pray it doesn’t because there is something seriously brewing here.