So much for the "easiest" schedule

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No easy games in the NFL. This team will be lucky to go 9-7. From this point forward I will never use the term "winnable" game. The Packers have dropped from good to average. This is a boring football team to watch, with a boring predictable HC, and reactive instead of proactive GM. Attitude reflects leadership..Rodgers looks unhappy and MM shows little to no emotion out there. If you watch the game you can see Luck pumping his guys up, and Pagano being visibly into the game as well on the sidelines interacting with his players. Good or bad play. You look at MM and the only time he really shows any emotion is when the offense scores a touchdown. Rodgers seems to always be isolated. I'm fully in board the fire MM train. Screw his past accomplishments ..they haven't won a thing in 6 yrs.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never gave any credence to the "easiest" or "toughest" schedule talk. The talking heads base it off the previous season and tend to not take into account that the prior year's bad teams had higher draft picks and made more moves to improve their team. The good teams tend to stay put and it results in them being much more predictable and more beatable. Just take the Packers for example. Last year we were a "good" team and did not draft any superstar players this spring and made no big trade or free agent moves to improve our team. Then take a look at the Cowboys, who were a relatively bad team last year. They had an amazing draft and made moves during the offseason. Now look at where those 2 teams are this season.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Easiest" schedule means nothing until the season actually happens. Teams are different every season, and I'm a firm believer of the any given Sunday mentality.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
"Easiest" schedule means nothing until the season actually happens. Teams are different every season, and I'm a firm believer of the any given Sunday mentality.

Shhhhh. . . Some here don't like facts. Or the defense is starting players that shouldn't even play in areana leagues.

They expect the defense to still be top 5

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, anybody who thinks any pro football game with grown men playing in this sport where anything can happen, (Crummy Packers beat Bears and Lions and the better Vikings can't) who calls it "An easy schedule," well, I invite that person to put on the gear and let a lineman of his/her choice to run full speed at them.
When that person is on the ground after being hit by a human Mack Truck, I will then say, "Not so easy after all, is it?"

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fully in board the fire MM train. Screw his past accomplishments ..they haven't won a thing in 6 yrs.
And have him take his BFFs Ted and Don with him as he leaves out the door.
Please someone, make this happen.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."
Packer staff is showing signs of insanity

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shhhhh. . . Some here don't like facts. Or the defense is starting players that shouldn't even play in areana leagues.

They expect the defense to still be top 5
Always excuses, the Patriots went 3 and 1 without Brady and Gronk and with 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks. The excuses for this team need to stop because there are none. This team has been underachieving for 5 years now. Something is fundamentally wrong with this organization at this point. I don't know what because I am not on the inside but it is obvious that something is wrong to anyone with a pair of eyes and it has nothing to do with injuries.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Always excuses, the Patriots went 3 and 1 without Brady and Gronk and with 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks. The excuses for this team need to stop because there are none. This team has been underachieving for 5 years now. Something is fundamentally wrong with this organization at this point. I don't know what because I am not on the inside but it is obvious that something is wrong to anyone with a pair of eyes and it has nothing to do with injuries.
Read my other post about the offense . .

This was only about the def. . Not saying you are wrong, but if your def weakness is passing you have hard time winning vs top tier qb. They have hard time stopping Aka Ryan, and Luck etc. . .

The Pats lost at home to Rex with no Brady . . Again you aren't wrong but they did stink it up that day. .

D

Deleted member 6794

While the Packers entered the season with the easiest schedule their opponents currently have the 8th highest win percentage in the league.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read my other post about the offense . .

This was only about the def. . Not saying you are wrong, but if your def weakness is passing you have hard time winning vs top tier qb. They have hard time stopping Aka Ryan, and Luck etc. . .

The Pats lost at home to Rex with no Brady . . Again you aren't wrong but they did stink it up that day. .
Gotch ya, and I get what you are saying. All I am getting at is that at some point this team needs to stop making excuses and start finding solutions even if that means letting people go and I am not talking about the scapegoats of bostic and slocum, I am talking about TT, MM and DC. Organizational failures always start at the top not the bottom.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't really get most of the comments in here.

It really is a easy schedule. If we elect to make it tougher than ourselves, we really can't be blaming on the schedules.

After seeing the schedule, Jordy being back... I was so optimistic....till the season began :cry:

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is it performing. They are not as good as we thought they would be. Injuries or not. They show no sense of urgency until they absolutely have too..and then still fall short. They are losers of 3 in the last 4 games, and they lack creativity. How's that for Facts!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

It really is a easy schedule. If we elect to make it tougher than ourselves, we really can't be blaming on the schedules.

Once again, Packers opponents have won 53.7% of their games so far this season which ranks 8th best in the league.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see this team in its current state making the playoffs. I just don't see it at all. ....it's one thing when the opponent beats you because they might just be better on that Sunday...but when you constantly get beat the same way?? That's coaching and player performance. Time for a change in culture with this program.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not exactly complimentary considering we just let slip 2 very winnable games through our fingertips.
Even if you flip those two games the other way, it wouldn't take the winning percentage from 8th best in the NFL to dead last. The point is, the schedule we have went up against so far this season is a far tougher schedule than what many were projecting it to be prior to the start of the season.

That's not an excuse and shouldn't be intended as such. It's just a fact. Take it for what it's worth.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not exactly complimentary considering we just let slip 2 very winnable games through our fingertips.
Except we'd be 6-2 and half the posters wouldn't be here because they wouldn't have as much to complain about

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not an excuse and shouldn't be intended as such. It's just a fact. Take it for what it's worth.

Point is not on 'facts' but their interpretation. 53.7% and 8th best pale when put into context that we are lagging behind Vikings and Lions in our own division. They are meaningless unless we make the playoffs and further. Just looking at certain data points and percentages without context is quite misleading.

I haven't give up on this season yet and won't until it's statistically impossible...so keep faith.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except we'd be 6-2 and half the posters wouldn't be here because they wouldn't have as much to complain about

That's my biggest negative at the moment. Since so many more are now recognizing the deficiencies at all levels of the team, there's no point in posting the complaints and caveats - the previously green-and-gold folks are doing it for us.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

...But then we'd have double the number of bandwagon fans that would need an outlet to proudly proclaim how their team is doing so well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...But then we'd have double the number of bandwagon fans that would need an outlet to proudly proclaim how their team is doing so well.
And that is the yin and the yang of it all isn't it :)

Sky King

Reaction score

And that is the yin and the yang of it all isn't it :)
You guys wouldn't be creating fictitious numbers designed specifically to support your bias, would you?:coffee: