Rodgers on The Pat MacAfee Show

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well now I’m gonna need to check sources. Likely of course your right he wasn’t if McAfee did an apology ehej

You wouldn't be the first to be duped by a false statement, that exploded on the internet as a "truth". I'm not making excuses for Kimmel, he jokes around all the time about people, but most know, he is a comedian. Rodgers is just a clown, trying to stay relevant through conspiracy theories.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Kimmel is one of the biggest wastes of carbon on the face of the earth.
Can dish it out but can't take it.
Typical elitist with too much alcohol in his blood surrogate.

Rodgers is easily the most intelligent professional athlete I've heard and read. Kimmel should have kept his mouth shut about Rodgers and the pandemic because none of his crap aged well.
Right, because Rodgers doesn't view himself as an elitist. :rolleyes:

You may view Rodgers as intelligent and when it comes to football, I would agree with you. As for off the field, Rodgers has proven time and time again to be a self-flatulating wind bag of disinformation. There is "smart-smart" and their is "smart-dumb", I would classify Rodgers as the latter of the two.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My guilty pleasure is dystopian fiction like Brave New World and 1984.

For now, all I need is a Packers win over the Bears!
Ran into an acquaintance this morning, good guy ... lots of fun... (ahem... Bears fan... Chicago born and reared) ... we went right into the Bears v. Packers crap talk .. ending with my magnanimous farewell "Hey Bubz, have yourself a really, really, REALLY bad weekend." Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ran into an acquaintance this morning, good guy ... lots of fun... (ahem... Bears fan... Chicago born and reared) ... we went right into the Bears v. Packers crap talk .. ending with my magnanimous farewell "Hey Bubz, have yourself a really, really, REALLY bad weekend." Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?

I'm just weeping. LOL.

I have to say, when I left Wisconsin four years ago, a lot of Illinois folks were moving into the Milwaukee area, where I'm from.
i was about to comment on your friend being in the Fox Valley, when I thought about the number of Illinois "immigrants" I've seen here in Des Moines.

Is there a large contingent of Illinois people who recently moved to Fox Valley?

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, because Rodgers doesn't view himself as an elitist. :rolleyes:

You may view Rodgers as intelligent and when it comes to football, I would agree with you. As for off the field, Rodgers has proven time and time again to be a self-flatulating wind bag of disinformation. There is "smart-smart" and their is "smart-dumb", I would classify Rodgers as the latter of the two.

My first impressions of Rodgers were formed when he was a guest on Dennis Miller's radio show around 2008. First NFL player I ever heard quote Gandhi, St. Thomas Aquinas, and other historical figures in a talk format. It wasn't shallow or contrived. It was refreshing. The dude was not just an athletic robot. He was smart and well-read.

It is too bad public opinion of #12 is primarily based on the jab because Rodgers ended up being right about that, too. He's just a very smart guy who threatens people that can't keep up.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being intelligent is one thing. Using it properly is another. Rodgers had a Wonderlic score of 35, which means he's more intelligent than 95% of people. Yet, intelligence does not necessarily equate to smart. Smart is when you don't say stupid things that make people believe your level of ignorance exceeds your ego. In Rodgers case, his ego is worn on his sleeve, which indicates that despite his successes, and notoriety, inside, he's a frightened little boy whose insecurities make him want to act out in a manner that can be harmful to others.

Anyhow, that's what Dr. Sigmund Fraud told me. ;)

But, I digress.... What was the question?

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, he's not "smart" and he's potentially "harmful to others." Got it...

Since those statements were made, we got some breaking news:

The New York Jets players voted Aaron Rodgers "Team's Most Inspirational Player."

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The New York Jets players voted Aaron Rodgers "Team's Most Inspirational Player."
It's their clown, their circus. Explain to me why I should give a rat's ***?

Rodgers is a football player, not a mighty warrior who saved the world from impending doom at the hands of Lord Death. I won't even wear a football jersey because I don't do "hero worship." I wear Packer branded items, but they are the team, not some person who gets paid handsomely for playing the game. I root for them, and wish them well. But I don't kiss their feet, and wipe their rears for them.

To put it plainly, I don't think anyone is at a higher station than the next person, and I've sat with a couple of Presidents having coffee, and a ton of athletes and people in various walks of life.

But, to each their own. "That's all I've got to say about that.", in my best Forrest Gump imitation.

Reaction score
The man is just trying to find his way like many of us are. The only thing I’m 100% sure of and I didn’t fully realize until my early 50’s…. We are going to each be judged by OUR reactions and responses to each life event. If we take the bait (which we all do it here n there) we look for the fault in others, which admittedly makes us temporarily feel good. I’m guilty of this snd just had someone holler at me today at work for something of no consequence.
I was piszed off but once I got away for a few hours I realized how much history I have with that person and the stress they are under. This I went to my car and prayed for me and then him also.
I don’t fault him for being human. so no need to give me examples I’ve already been on the dishing out end also.
God doesn’t expect perfection. If he’s our Father he’s just totally in love with us, even when we fall short. Just like my kid, she can do no wrong.
My only concern is finding the correct time to tell this person how much I believe in them. No need to retaliate God said he’d heap coals on that person if they don't relent. It’s so easy to get mad or hold grudges. Yet The grace we give others is the grace we receive. Some call it Karma I call it the middle section of the “Lords prayer” and he showed me recently that “as” means “equivalent to”. So we go get our level of grace

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said and I agree with everything that you did say, including the fact that Kimmel would have a tough time winning a defamation suit. That said, threatening one, while calling out Rodgers for his remarks, wasn't a bad idea either.
I was going to agree with everything he said, but then I decided not to be manipulated by something I read on the internet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You weren't the first, either. So don't feel bad.
I never claimed that I was or wasn't. I was merely giving another poster some slack for believing the internet rumors about Kimmel being on the Epstein list. Seems you have an issue with facts?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is too bad public opinion of #12 is primarily based on the jab because Rodgers ended up being right about that, too. He's just a very smart guy who threatens people that can't keep up.
Obviously, you haven't kept up on Rodgers and his shenanigans over the last several years, but nice attempt at a Strawman argument.

BTW, Rodgers rationale for not getting vaccinated wasn't based on not believing in the vaccine, he claimed that he didn't get vaccinated because he had an allergy to an unspecified ingredient that they contained.

You thinking he was "right about the jab" tells me a lot about your lack of knowledge.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Again, working pretty loose there with "information". The award is named after Dennis Byrd, the defensive end who was paralyzed during a 1992 game and had to relearn how to walk. Rodgers tooting his own horn about defying modern medicine and being ready to play, yet not having medical clearance to do so, seems to be "inspirational" to some. Sounds a lot like a blowhard running around in political circles these days. Doing what he did and receiving that award, doesn't necessarily make him "smart".

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wouldn't be the first to be duped by a false statement, that exploded on the internet as a "truth". I'm not making excuses for Kimmel, he jokes around all the time about people, but most know, he is a comedian. Rodgers is just a clown, trying to stay relevant through conspiracy theories.
That may be Rodgers future after football: A radio or TV show that he can host. And it would not only be football.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm just weeping. LOL.

I have to say, when I left Wisconsin four years ago, a lot of Illinois folks were moving into the Milwaukee area, where I'm from.
i was about to comment on your friend being in the Fox Valley, when I thought about the number of Illinois "immigrants" I've seen here in Des Moines.

Is there a large contingent of Illinois people who recently moved to Fox Valley?
It's hard to tell, games. Normally the only time you see anything Illinois related, it's speeding up 41 weaving in and out of traffic at what's definitely "ramming speed" ... or ... if the Bears aren't stinking, you see more Bears stuff that will be back in deep storage next season.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never claimed that I was or wasn't. I was merely giving another poster some slack for believing the internet rumors about Kimmel being on the Epstein list. Seems you have an issue with facts?
I was giving you slack for repeating inaccurate Internet rumors that Rodgers made false allegations against Kimmel.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m so glad to be done with that weird dude. Yes, he gave me a lot of great memories as a Packer fan that I’ll always cherish. He amazed me with his abilities.

But when he’s not playing, you get a full dose of his need to be in the spotlight anyway .. his need to be smart, to be right, to be listened to … and never, ever be disagreed with, much less made fun of, because that brings the wrath of The Grudge. Never lets it go, has to get his digs in. Needs some revenge. He’s a competitor, I guess that means never lose at anything, especially a personal beef.

I always thought he might have his eye on a gig like Aikman’s or Romo’s after he retires. Because he is pretty smart, and articulate. But let me tell you, picking fights with people like Jimmy Kimmel will derail that plan, I can almost guarantee it. And some might say well he didn’t pick the fight, Kimmel did, and that might be true .. but he took the bait and served up his revenge as he has to do. I think he’ll eventually regret it. He definitely will if he goes further with it.

Last edited:

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always thought he might have his eye on a gig like Aikman’s or Romo’s after he retires. Because he is pretty smart, and articulate. But let me tell you, picking fights with people like Jimmy Kimmel will derail that plan, I can almost guarantee it. And some might say well he didn’t pick the fight, Kimmel did, and that might be true .. but he took the bait and served up his revenge as he has to do. I think he’ll eventually regret it. Or he definitely will if he goes further with it.

I can't imagine what AR would regret about pwning a lightweight like Kimmel.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kimmel's not a lightweight in the broadcasting world, which is why McAfee was pretty quick to rattle off an apology. I'm not expecting Rodgers to do the same, but he doesn't want to escalate things if he has any plans to work in the "the biz" (maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. That was just my guess).

No network would feel comfortable putting someone in the booth who might pop off with an insult toward some high profile broadcast figure. Or, even worse, foster feuds with them.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference between wisdom and book smart.
Amen brother! Amen! As my immigrant Grandfather would say, when he got to be close to 90 years old, in his German accent; "We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!" He was one he11 of a role model.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was giving you slack for repeating inaccurate Internet rumors that Rodgers made false allegations against Kimmel.
Rodgers implied something that wasn't true.

I can see that you've been studying Rodger's playbook of of passive aggressive statements.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The fact that you view Jimmy Kimmel as a "lightweight" in the entertainment business is comical. Why don't you just tell the truth, you hate the guy and don't understand his popularity. I'd respect that statement a lot more, since you are just stating an opinion.

I suppose you view Taylor Swift as a lightweight in the music business?