Rodgers on The Pat MacAfee Show

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ran into an acquaintance this morning, good guy ... lots of fun... (ahem... Bears fan... Chicago born and reared) ... we went right into the Bears v. Packers crap talk .. ending with my magnanimous farewell "Hey Bubz, have yourself a really, really, REALLY bad weekend." Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it?
This is my best friend. Bears fan. Grew up in Chicago area.
This was the 1st game of the year. He always hated we had Brett then Rodgers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bears fan, circa 1996: "You Puker fans will be brought back to earth when Favre hangs 'er up."

Bears fan, circa 2010: "You Puker fans will learn to be humble once Rodgers is gone."

Bears fan, circa 2023: "Blah blah blah .... blah blah blah..."

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This is my best friend. Bears fan. Grew up in Chicago area.
This was the 1st game of the year. He always hated we had Brett then Rodgers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You people have acquaintances and best friends that are Bears fans?!?!?! I'm sorry but I find that concept repulsive. Turn in your fan cards immediately! :cool:

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears fan, circa 1996: "You Puker fans will be brought back to earth when Favre hangs 'er up."

Bears fan, circa 2010: "You Puker fans will learn to be humble once Rodgers is gone."

Bears fan, circa 2023: "Blah blah blah .... blah blah blah..."

With Love playing as well as he has, I feel terrible for the next QB to come along.
He's going to probably be a perfectly good, above average QB.
And, we're going to crucify him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Love playing as well as he has, I feel terrible for the next QB to come along.
Hopefully your talking about a long time from now.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think Love went thru his own Passion Play after being drafted. A lot of "doubting Thomas's " here and in the press.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm usually skeptical. Still am. Always was willing to give him a chance though. I feel much better, and if they give him a great O line; it will only get better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm usually skeptical. Still am. Always was willing to give him a chance though. I feel much better, and if they give him a great O line; it will only get better.
That and a developing group of WR's and TE's. I'm more optimistic about this offense than I've been in 2-4 years.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that you view Jimmy Kimmel as a "lightweight" in the entertainment business is comical. Why don't you just tell the truth, you hate the guy and don't understand his popularity. I'd respect that statement a lot more, since you are just stating an opinion.

I suppose you view Taylor Swift as a lightweight in the music business?

Rather than pollute this thread by repeating all posts containing your tripe, I'll respond to this one.

Kimmel is an intellectual lightweight that runs on ROM. He's successful at entertaining the 20% of the population that laugh at shows where the production team inserts a "laugh track."

Kimmel's latest response on X to Rodgers was a golden opportunity. Both to support a defamation suit against Rodgers AND to separate himself from the Epstein crowd. All he had to say was "I HOPE the truth comes out. I have kids of my own and ANYONE who harms children should be brought to justice."

But, he didn't say that. And, to me, that speaks more about Kimmel than anything he could EVER say.

Reaction score
I think I read that since Favre took the Reins at QB that the Bears have had 36 QB’s start.
36 Starting QB’s across just 33 seasons! Ironically The Bears would be smart to make that 37 QB’s this coming draft though as they screwed up last draft and passed on CJ Stroud. Personally I would’ve drafted him and sat him for 1 season. Stroud would’ve also come in when Fields went down and the Bears would likely be playing for a playoff spot at 8-8. The Bears would be able to choose between Stroud and Fields and trade Fields to recoup their Day1 selection.
If the Bears missed postseason. They could trade Fields to Atlanta for their Top 10 area selection (assuming they missed today)
Had the Bears chosen that path?
They’d be picking
#1 (Panthers)
#7 (trade with Atlanta)
#11 (Natural if 8-9 finish above)

Obviusly wouldn’t need #1 QB so they could trade back to #2-3 and grab Marvin + grab 2-3 more earlier draft picks.
Plus theyd already have Stroud going into his 2nd season on a cheaper QB deal for 3-4 seasons

They get a second chance because if NC. If they double down on stupid and pass on Caleb Williams at #1? They’ll have no excuses for another half decade of mediocrity.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think I read that since Favre took the Reins at QB that the Bears have had 36 QB’s start.
36 Starting QB’s across just 33 seasons! Ironically The Bears would be smart to make that 37 QB’s this coming draft though as they screwed up last draft and passed on CJ Stroud. Personally I would’ve drafted him and sat him for 1 season. Stroud would’ve also come in when Fields went down and the Bears would likely be playing for a playoff spot at 8-8. The Bears would be able to choose between Stroud and Fields and trade Fields to recoup their Day1 selection.
If the Bears missed postseason. They could trade Fields to Atlanta for their Top 10 area selection (assuming they missed today)
They’d be picking
#1 (Panthers)
#7 (trade with Atlanta)

Obviusly wouldn’t need #1 QB so they could trade back to #2-3 and grab Marvin + grab 2-3 more earlier draft picks.
Plus theyd already have Stroud going into his 2nd season on a cheaper QB deal for 3-4 seasons

They get a second chance because if NC. If they double down on stupid and pass on Caleb Williams at #1? They’ll have no excuses for another half decade of mediocrity.

Hey! Cut that out!

Stop giving the Bears solid advice!!! You know that their GM and coaches read this forum and hold it very close to the vest as valued information! :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rather than pollute this thread by repeating all posts containing your tripe, I'll respond to this one.

Typical response by a closed-minded, egotistical person. "Everyone's opinion but mine is mere tripe, thus I will dismiss it all".

Your name says it all, which name did you use prior to being banned?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They’d be picking
#1 (Panthers)
#7 (trade with Atlanta)

You assume they would have drafted Stroud not Young. You assume Stroud would be as good with the Bear offense minus DJ Moore as he has been in Houston. You assume ATL would give up their #1 for Fields. IMO without the trade of last years #1 they would not have had the draft capital for the Sweat trade. I guess we will never know, except the ATL trade is still a possibility.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, he already has that.
I should have put the word "continually" in front of my statement of having a "developing group of WR's and TE's". I do not think any player in the Packers receiving group has hit their peak yet, nor has Love. We have seen a small picture of that in this season alone.

Basically, this is an ascending group on offense that the Packers have and I don't see that slowing down.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should have put the word "continually" in front of my statement of having a "developing group of WR's and TE's". I do not think any player in the Packers receiving group has hit their peak yet, nor has Love. We have seen a small picture of that in this season alone.

Basically, this is an ascending group on offense that the Packers have and I don't see that slowing down.
They are so young, so raw, even physically as their bodies may still be growing. For sure there is no one primadonna, no defined superstar yet. Defenses cannot key because there is no Go To. I am surprised we put up all those yards yesterday without Dillon. He is your trench dude. Jones cannot certainly take a load like that every week. But the season is winding down and next year is a long way off.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical response by a closed-minded, egotistical person. "Everyone's opinion but mine is mere tripe, thus I will dismiss it all".

Your name says it all, which name did you use prior to being banned?

I did not dismiss "all" opinions. As stated, I addressed one of yours, directly.

I have never been banned from this forum under this name or any other name.

You are wrong A LOT about me and about this topic, overall.
At least your posts in other threads are somewhat coherent.

Members online

Latest posts