Si or No??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it even worth bringing any of these guys back next season? Or should the Packers use that money elsewhere? Who would you resign? And why? I only chose Geronimo Allison and Wilkerson ....the other guys are very replaceable IMO. I kinda went back and forth on Bulaga but then remembered he’s hurt... AGAIN...which has ALWAYS been a theme since he was drafted . UNRELIABLE. I would maybe look at bringing Montgomery back cheap ..but only as an option to replace Cobb in the slot. With Williams and Jones the Packers are solid at the RB position.

Kentrell Brice
Randall Cobb
Clay Matthews
Bryan Bulaga
Justin McCray
Mohammed Wilkerson
Tramon Williams
HAHA
TY Montgomery
Geronimo Allison

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cobb stays he is young still and plus he is Rodgers best friend I don’t think he goes anywhere idk tho depends on what kind of market he would have

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cobb stays he is young still and plus he is Rodgers best friend I don’t think he goes anywhere idk tho depends on what kind of market he would have

Jordy was Rodgers best friend....how’d that work out for him? I think someone will overpay for Cobbs services...I just hope it’s not the Packers. They need to get bigger and faster at wr

D

Deleted member 6794

It's possible the Packers are interested in re-signing Cobb but hopefully they don't overpay to retain his services.

Jordy was Rodgers best friend....how’d that work out for him? I think someone will overpay for Cobbs services...I just hope it’s not the Packers. They need to get bigger and faster at wr

The Packers drafted three receivers this year who add size and speed. There's still room on the roster for a player like Cobb though.

CaptainCanuck

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was thinking the same thing, Jordy was a good friend of Rodgers and he was gone so Cobbs can have a chance of leaving as well.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kentrell Brice- I know you think he sucks, I think there is stuff there to work with. He's not going to cost a lot and I think he's going to get better
Randall Cobb- will probably get overpaid by someone else. I'm ok with that.
Clay Matthews- gone
Bryan Bulaga- I like him, i don' t like how he's always hurt. I go back and forth, but mostly learn towards moving on
Justin McCray- won't cost much, he'll be back at least for depth. A guy you try and replace, but not in a big hurry to kick to the curb either
Mohammed Wilkerson - entirely depends on his recovery. Sounded serious. If he's healthy, give him another shot. he won't cost as much this time either.
Tramon Williams - taking a pass until the year is over and assess.
HAHA- He'll get paid too much to keep as a depth guy and believes his own hype too much to allow it. He can go. if would couldn't keep Hyde, who I liked 10x's more as a player, we're not keeping Dix.
TY Montgomery- cheap retain or gone
Geronimo Allison will be retained

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got to bring back HaHa. Personnel moves have left the team with one decent safety on the roster and you can't just let that guy walk. He was not great last year but he's been very good this year.
Ty - If he's cheap, sure, if not then the Packers seem to have some young talent
Allison - Yeah
Wilkerson - if he's cheap
Brice - if he's cheap and good on special teams
Oline - depends on what's available to replace them with

D

Deleted member 6794

You've got to bring back HaHa. Personnel moves have left the team with one decent safety on the roster and you can't just let that guy walk. He was not great last year but he's been very good this year.

Unfortunately it seems Clinton-Dix believes that he deserves to be paid like an elite safety. While I would be in favor of re-signing him to a reasonable contract hopefully the Packers don't overpay for him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems Clinton-Dix believes that he deserves to be paid like an elite safety. While I would be in favor of re-signing him to a reasonable contract hopefully the Packers don't overpay for him.
So far this season, admittedly a small sample, he's played like an elite safety.

D

Deleted member 6794

So far this season, admittedly a small sample, he's played like an elite safety.

That's not true by any means. The Packers can't afford to line up as a single high safety, which is a requirement for an elite player at the position, because he's late diagnosing plays and doesn't have the speed to make up for it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen elite safety play, and it's not coming from Clinton Dix. I don't care what someone has him rated as.

D

Deleted member 6794

You watching Packers games from a different year?

Clinton-Dix has never played at an elite level though. Maybe Sunshine has watched games from at least seven years ago and mistaken Woodson for him as both have worn #21 for the Packers.

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't want Dix back.

He's soft, takes bad angles, and doesn't make plays... what's to like??

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't want Dix back.

He's soft, takes bad angles, and doesn't make plays... what's to like??

Clinton-Dix is definitely not as bad as some posters around here want you to believe but there's no way he should get paid elite money. It would be smart to sign him to a reasonable deal though.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not true by any means. The Packers can't afford to line up as a single high safety, which is a requirement for an elite player at the position, because he's late diagnosing plays and doesn't have the speed to make up for it.
OK, he's not Earl Thomas but he has been playing like a top-10 safety. That's elite in my book.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it even worth bringing any of these guys back next season? Or should the Packers use that money elsewhere? Who would you resign? And why? I only chose Geronimo Allison and Wilkerson ....the other guys are very replaceable IMO. I kinda went back and forth on Bulaga but then remembered he’s hurt... AGAIN...which has ALWAYS been a theme since he was drafted . UNRELIABLE. I would maybe look at bringing Montgomery back cheap ..but only as an option to replace Cobb in the slot. With Williams and Jones the Packers are solid at the RB position.

Kentrell Brice
Randall Cobb
Clay Matthews
Bryan Bulaga
Justin McCray
Mohammed Wilkerson
Tramon Williams
HAHA
TY Montgomery
Geronimo Allison
How 'bout we let this season actually get going before we determine the wasted roster slots. It is WAY TO Effin early to give a rats derriere about next off season roster changes. Especially on a draft and DEVELOP team.
That said Mo Wilkerson lost his contract year and will be looking for another prove it deal.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How 'bout we let this season actually get going before we determine the wasted roster slots. It is WAY TO Effin early to give a rats derriere about next off season roster changes. Especially on a draft and DEVELOP team.
That said Mo Wilkerson lost his contract year and will be looking for another prove it deal.

Hush your moth! Without random, impassioned, hypothetical topics/posts, this forum would be boring! Hot takes are the lifeblood of forums!

D

Deleted member 6794

OK, he's not Earl Thomas but he has been playing like a top-10 safety. That's elite in my book.

PFF has currently graded Clinton-Dix as a top 10 safety but after watching his performance closely over the first three weeks I definitely don't agree with them.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
PFF has currently graded Clinton-Dix as a top 10 safety but after watching his performance closely over the first three weeks I definitely don't agree with them.
Imo, Dix is the kind of guy some other team is going to offer way more money than we would. I think he’ll leave. Could be the same situation with Cobb. That’s why I suspect we could hear about a Montgomery extension soon. He’s proving to be valuable in both the running and passing game and we don’t have any money sunk into the RB position. I can see the Packers giving him a 3 year 10 Million extension next month.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's common knowledge if we don't win 60 to 0 and are 18 and 0, we need to fire everyone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts