Packer Free Agents: What should the Packers do? Track Their Decisions

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smith and Amos coming reported...wow.

Do you or anyone here think that those two signings are big enough to make people think twice about coming here now? If there is another FA out there that interested in? Do those signings have any influence I guess is the question.

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you or anyone here think that those two signings are big enough to make people think twice about coming here now?

In my opinion there are a lot of people exaggerating about free agents not wanting to come to Green Bay. Of course there are some players that don't want to spend football season in a college town but those guys mostly aren't focused on football anyway.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you or anyone here think that those two signings are big enough to make people think twice about coming here now? If there is another FA out there that interested in? Do those signings have any influence I guess is the question.

captain nailed it. The only guys that don't want to come to GB quite honestly are the last dudes I want. Think your OBJ diva types.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There's a new sherrif in town boys and girls.......

This makes me giddy thinking about the dlineman we are going to draft...:)

Well you may get your wish, if Wilkerson isn't resigned, the Packers could very well use that #12 pick on Wilkens or Oliver. Maybe even Lawrence at #30.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the ####er decides to stay in Minnesota, instead of going to the Jets. Of course he did. -_-

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you may get your wish, if Wilkerson isn't resigned, the Packers could very well use that #12 pick on Wilkens or Oliver. Maybe even Lawrence at #30.

Lawrence in the 1st round is a terrible idea. He's a two down DT. You don't take that in the 1st.

With that said, why let a one year contract with Wilk determine what you do in the draft? That's just silly.

Look at it this way. Daniels is declining and on his last contract here. We might not have the money to pay Lowry next year. We have to pay Clark next year. Adams hasn't shown much. iDL is certainly an upcoming need that should be addressed in the draft.

Reaction score
Look at it this way. Daniels is declining and on his last contract here. We might not have the money to pay Lowry next year. We have to pay Clark next year. Adams hasn't shown much. iDL is certainly an upcoming need that should be addressed in the draft.
Agreed. But it’s also not necessary to go high at DT if we resign Mo. It’s a position that runs deep in talent like WR and both should be strongly considered by our mid-round selections at the latest.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson isn't any long term solution. Wouldn't surprise me if this is his last year in GB at all. and they're building a team to win in future years too. I'd be planning on a future without Daniels and Wilkerson after this year if both even make it. A high DL isn't out of the question at all for me. They generally take a season or 2 to start getting to where they need to be like most others. It's good to have out with the old in with the new when they're ready rather than out with the old and scramble like crazy to find a replacement.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson isn't any long term solution. Wouldn't surprise me if this is his last year in GB at all. and they're building a team to win in future years too. I'd be planning on a future without Daniels and Wilkerson after this year if both even make it. A high DL isn't out of the question at all for me. They generally take a season or 2 to start getting to where they need to be like most others. It's good to have out with the old in with the new when they're ready rather than out with the old and scramble like crazy to find a replacement.
Agreed, whether we sign Mo or not, him and Mike will be gone in the near future anyway and we better start preparing for it through the draft.

This FA period has been great, but these would be my remaining potential signings ranked in order of preference:
resign Breeland CB
tender Allison, WR
sign Ingram, RB
resign Mo, IDL

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, whether we sign Mo or not, him and Mike will be gone in the near future anyway and we better start preparing for it through the draft.

This FA period has been great, but these would be my remaining potential signings ranked in order of preference:
resign Breeland CB
tender Allison, WR
sign Ingram, RB
resign Mo, IDL

Agreed. Ingram is the best RB to come out of Alabama in the last decade I think and as long as he isn't looking for starting RB money or anything near Bell. I don't know him personally to ask, but it appears he is content with being a #2 to a #1. And I said it before, having 3 RB, all different, has paid off so well to New England. Play the hot hand, give different looks. Add in if they get one of the TEs (just not in round 1) If LaFluer is the offensive mind we are all hoping he is, I love my imagination of how dynamic this offense can be.

Along with how many looks the new defense can give. I hate how high my optimism is.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers did not tender S Kentrell Brice. He will now become a free agent and is expected to sign elsewhere, per Demovsky. They didn't offer even the lowest tender per source.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers did not tender S Kentrell Brice. He will now become a free agent and is expected to sign elsewhere, per Demovsky. They didn't offer even the lowest tender per source.

Totally wouldn't have been worth the $2+M to bring him back.

Reaction score
In my opinion there are a lot of people exaggerating about free agents not wanting to come to Green Bay. Of course there are some players that don't want to spend football season in a college town but those guys mostly aren't focused on football anyway.

Yeah I enjoyed seeing us beat the Giants in that playoff game after their players spent time doing a photo shoot on that yacht lol way to put football first

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lewis liked Green Bay. hope this doesn't take the good TE's in the draft away since Graham returning...but it might.

Thank God. Best news I've heard all off-season.

Take Hockenson and company OFF THE BOARD!

What a great day.

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lewis liked Green Bay. hope this doesn't take the good TE's in the draft away since Graham returning...but it might.

I tend to wonder this as well. Possibly could send Tonyan back to the practice squad though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts