Packer Free Agents: What should the Packers do? Track Their Decisions

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems tough to find a trading partner from #12. That being said I said the same thing last season when the Saints came calling. I don't think we would yet again hit gold like that and that wouldn't net us any extra picks this season so not as fun to think about.

Possibly the Texans who have 2 2nd round picks. They could be in the market for Hockenson or one of the top tier offensive lineman.

Pick 23 - Still could look at best overall player (Hockenson, Fant, Jacobs, Bush, Ford, Lawrence, one of the many coveted edges. Lot of options)
Pick 30 - See above for leftovers, maybe even one of Campbell, Samuel, Brown comes into play.
Pick 44 - Riley Ridley might be a nice thought here.
Pick 54 or Pick 55 - Probably start thinking Safety or maybe a Mack Wilson or Vorsean Joseph. Maybe Risner.
Pick 75 - So many options of ways to go depending.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Seems tough to find a trading partner from #12. That being said I said the same thing last season when the Saints came calling. I don't think we would yet again hit gold like that and that wouldn't net us any extra picks this season so not as fun to think about.

Possibly the Texans who have 2 2nd round picks. They could be in the market for Hockenson or one of the top tier offensive lineman.

Pick 23 - Still could look at best overall player (Hockenson, Fant, Jacobs, Bush, Ford, Lawrence, one of the many coveted edges. Lot of options)
Pick 30 - See above for leftovers, maybe even one of Campbell, Samuel, Brown comes into play.
Pick 44 - Riley Ridley might be a nice thought here.
Pick 54 or Pick 55 - Probably start thinking Safety or maybe a Mack Wilson or Vorsean Joseph. Maybe Risner.
Pick 75 - So many options of ways to go depending.

Yeah, I don't see anyone having White falling to 12. If we get stuck at 12 i'm kinda hoping its Jonah Williams.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we have the money to sign Breeland, Wilkerson, and rookies?

Both no....but Mo on one year prove it could be done. Breeland I just don't see us able to afford without a few more cuts ala Tramon and/Crosby.

I want Breeland so bad, but don't see it happening.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both no....but Mo on one year prove it could be done. Breeland I just don't see us able to afford without a few more cuts ala Tramon and/Crosby.

I want Breeland so bad, but don't see it happening.

I would gladly cut Williams to keep breeland and wilkerson

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Steelers have informed veteran S Morgan Burnett that they will release him by April 1.

His play has somewhat declined, but would he be an upgrade for the Packers, at the right price?

D

Deleted member 6794

Steelers have informed veteran S Morgan Burnett that they will release him by April 1.

His play has somewhat declined, but would he be an upgrade for the Packers, at the right price?

I don't understand fans advocating for the Packers to bring back players that weren't good enough to retain in the first place. Burnett is already the fourth former Packers being named in the last week.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't understand fans advocating for the Packers to bring back players that weren't good enough to retain in the first place. Burnett is already the fourth former Packers being named in the last week.

Aren't all free agents released/not resigned at least once by a team?

The reason I brought him up was the obvious need the Packers have at S. I think he would be an upgrade over any S currently on the team not named Amos.

Shutting the door on players, just because they were previously released by the Packers, is kind of taking the exact opposite approach of at least wanting to be open to looking at what they could do to improve the team. I could name quite a few ex Packers that I would gladly have back.

D

Deleted member 6794

Shutting the door on players, just because they were previously released by the Packers, is kind of taking the exact opposite approach of at least wanting to be open to looking at what they could do to improve the team. I could name quite a few ex Packers that I would gladly have back.

While that's true most likely those guys aren't released by their new teams after only one season though.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While that's true most likely those guys aren't released by their new teams after only one season though.

In the case of Burnett and quite a few other Free Agents, I would attest that to either buyers remorse of just another guy getting better and taking his spot. Rookie Terrell Edmund came in to replace Burnett due to an injury and played well enough to make Burnett expendable. I wasn't unhappy when Burnett signed with the Steelers on a 3 year $14.35M, thought it was a bit high given the S market. But at $2M, he would be a good addition IMO.

There are still a lot of players out there, that at the right price, could improve the Packers. However, unless a no brainier signing comes along, those decisions might be put on hold until after the draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly believe we're done unless a Mo signing occurs UNTIL after the draft. Gute and them will see what falls our way before looking into a veteran signing like Jordy, Burnett or any other non-past Packer still available.

D

Deleted member 6794

In the case of Burnett and quite a few other Free Agents, I would attest that to either buyers remorse of just another guy getting better and taking his spot. Rookie Terrell Edmund came in to replace Burnett due to an injury and played well enough to make Burnett expendable. I wasn't unhappy when Burnett signed with the Steelers on a 3 year $14.35M, thought it was a bit high given the S market. But at $2M, he would be a good addition IMO.

If it was that easy for the Steelers to replace Burnett the Packers should be able to find a better option as well.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not interested in bringing back Burnett. I liked him, he's a good guy etc. But the time came to move on and we did. Injuries were a factor in his play and they continue to be so and it's not going to get better. We needed to replace him 2 seasons ago, and now is not the time to replace him with an older, less healthy, lower quality play version of himself either.

Members online

Latest posts