1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Should Aaron Feel Stupid?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CHIpackFAN, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    always thought adderall was for kids with ADD/ADHD? What benefit does it have for atheletes?

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    It is frequently prescribed for kids and students. I would say it would help them focus in studying the game tape, as well as in practice.

3. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    As noted previously, Adderall is an amphetamine. It's speed. It's an upper. If you ever crammed for exams or needed to churn out term papers, you'd know speed is highly effective for focus and elevated energy. Back in the day, White Cross was cheap, readily available and effective. Today, Adderall use among college students is prevalent.

You can see how it would be advantageous for an athlete on game day, especially if you're a bit off after a long night at the club or with a lady.

Back in the '70s - '80s, speed was very popular among baseball players. Maybe it still is. Playing nearly every day for 6 months is a grind...a pick-me-up is sometimes needed. Ricky Henderson was the poster child among suspected speed "demons" in more ways than one.

The key advantage Adderall provides athletes is that it usually clears the system in 2 or 3 days. It's a calculated risk.

Generally, amphetamines are addictive, though I can't speak to Adderall in particular.

4. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If it does not enhance thir actual perforance, then I dont see why that one is illegal. Hey, Ginko biloba helps with focus and sharpens the senses......guess that needs to be added to the list. I say, if it is sold as GNC to the general public, it should be fine to beused in pro sports. Creatine just basically swells me up on temp basis if I drink a ton of water.....so I don't see that as very useful.

F*ck it, I say let them all take anabolics and get massivly huge and have rage fits on the field.....CM3 would literally rip off cutlers head......Finish him.....FATALITY. lol

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    No, man. It's all about game day.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Prep doesn't help you?

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    It remains to be seen whether CM3 is an HGH user.

8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    How is artificially sharpened focus and elevated energy not a performance enhancer?

9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
  10. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I'm not saying it's not, but the level it is on is not much different than some player chugging down two 5 hour energy drinks and a monster drink and they are far from illegal. What I am speaking of was things such as anabolics, HGH1, and some testo boosters. Things that are "all natural" when taken in high doses can produce similar effects to man made products, so why not ban the natural stuff if they want to get all nit picky?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Yeah it could be used on game day, or during the week. Or during training camp. It benefits all aspects. It's still the easiest excuse to give when you get busted bc it's socially acceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,021
    If you're talking about Mickelson, Snopes and Urbanlegends says it never happened. I don't care for Lefty, but wouldn't spread this story around.

13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Holy sh!t ...... welch out on $250k with me and you will be at the bottom of a river wearing cement boots.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    This gets at the problem with regulating many of these substances as performance enhancers. Some of the restrictions (such as Adderall) come off as arbitrary. [But I still suspect many supposed Adderall suspensions are a cover for something else. The idea that these guys can't obtain a prescription is a joke. Period.]

Football is already dangerous and nobody wants substances like HGH compounding that danger. -It's a good idea to police this stuff but regulating PEDs can get tricky.

For example, I think banned substances make sense as a way to hasten recovery from some serious injuries. This is purely hypothetical (of course), but if a regiment of banned substances helps AP recover from a serious knee injury by reducing recovery/rehabilitation time, it seems a bit obtuse to argue that he shouldn't be allowed to. Think Ray Lewis and Deer Antler Spray. I don't like the idea of players juicing regularly to enhance their baseline abilities but I'm receptive to the use of banned substances in order to aid the recovery process.

15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    You'll note I didn't mention any names. I know a guy who's best friends with a ex-PGA star who played in that Masters. Said PGA member affirmed the story. Take that for what you will.

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    If that were true, athletes would confine themselves to the legal so-called "natural" products.

If that were true, athletes would confine themselves to the legal energy and super-caffeinated drinks instead of Adderall.

In any case, it does not appear the rules are based on any distinction between "natural" and "artificial". Deer antler spray, just to name one, is a natural product banned by the NFL.

17. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,548
    Golf is a gentlemen's sport. Payback would come in other forms.

18. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden is how they came up w/the name for golf. Well,maybe not that way but it sounded good

19. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    I thought they called it golf because all the other four letter words had already been used...

20. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    Mike Neal himself said it was Adderall - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-why-nfl-suspended-him-for-using-adderall/

I agree with what you're saying though. It seems Adderall is being blamed for everything now.

21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    If you knew your wife was going to find out you got in trouble at work but would never know what for, would you tell her you were got in trouble for being on Facebook or for sexually harassing a coworker? I'd go with the socially acceptable one.

22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    lol.....for $250,000.....I throw the gentleman crap out the window

23. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    http://sulia.com/jasonjwilde/f/5299...=fb&guid=5299cd36-5719-4e14-af9d-dc91a99213a6

24. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    It appears that was it

25. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +495
    Is it just me or is Braun the scrawniest juicer ever? You kinda expect Popeye arms with baseball juicers.

• Funny Funny x 3