Should Aaron Feel Stupid?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Everyone uses the adderall excuse bc it's socially acceptable to take. But in reality if you test positive for adderall without nfl approval I think you are the biggest idiot in the nfl as its probably the most well known banned substance outside of anabolic steroids. I hope a reporter calls out a player next time he uses that excuse.

always thought adderall was for kids with ADD/ADHD? What benefit does it have for atheletes?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
always thought adderall was for kids with ADD/ADHD? What benefit does it have for atheletes?

It is frequently prescribed for kids and students. I would say it would help them focus in studying the game tape, as well as in practice.

H

HardRightEdge

As noted previously, Adderall is an amphetamine. It's speed. It's an upper. If you ever crammed for exams or needed to churn out term papers, you'd know speed is highly effective for focus and elevated energy. Back in the day, White Cross was cheap, readily available and effective. Today, Adderall use among college students is prevalent.

You can see how it would be advantageous for an athlete on game day, especially if you're a bit off after a long night at the club or with a lady.

Back in the '70s - '80s, speed was very popular among baseball players. Maybe it still is. Playing nearly every day for 6 months is a grind...a pick-me-up is sometimes needed. Ricky Henderson was the poster child among suspected speed "demons" in more ways than one.

The key advantage Adderall provides athletes is that it usually clears the system in 2 or 3 days. It's a calculated risk.

Generally, amphetamines are addictive, though I can't speak to Adderall in particular.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If it does not enhance thir actual perforance, then I dont see why that one is illegal. Hey, Ginko biloba helps with focus and sharpens the senses......guess that needs to be added to the list. I say, if it is sold as GNC to the general public, it should be fine to beused in pro sports. Creatine just basically swells me up on temp basis if I drink a ton of water.....so I don't see that as very useful.

F*ck it, I say let them all take anabolics and get massivly huge and have rage fits on the field.....CM3 would literally rip off cutlers head......Finish him.....FATALITY. lol

H

HardRightEdge

If it does not enhance thir actual perforance, then I dont see why that one is illegal. Hey, Ginko biloba helps with focus and sharpens the senses......guess that needs to be added to the list. I say, if it is sold as GNC to the general public, it should be fine to beused in pro sports. Creatine just basically swells me up on temp basis if I drink a ton of water.....so I don't see that as very useful.

F*ck it, I say let them all take anabolics and get massivly huge and have rage fits on the field.....CM3 would literally rip off cutlers head......Finish him.....FATALITY. lol

It remains to be seen whether CM3 is an HGH user.

H

HardRightEdge

How is artificially sharpened focus and elevated energy not a performance enhancer?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
How is artificially sharpened focus and elevated energy not a performance enhancer?

I'm not saying it's not, but the level it is on is not much different than some player chugging down two 5 hour energy drinks and a monster drink and they are far from illegal. What I am speaking of was things such as anabolics, HGH1, and some testo boosters. Things that are "all natural" when taken in high doses can produce similar effects to man made products, so why not ban the natural stuff if they want to get all nit picky?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't take a banned substance that is detectable in testing with any regularity. You pick your spots...when it does you the most good...and hope you don't get nailed.

Adderall is known to be a game day drug.

Read up:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57556413/adderall-nfls-popular-new-drug-or-easy-alibi/

Yeah it could be used on game day, or during the week. Or during training camp. It benefits all aspects. It's still the easiest excuse to give when you get busted bc it's socially acceptable.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that a recent Open Champion who shall go unnamed lost $250,000 in bets to Augusta members during a "friendly game" during Masters week a few years ago. The player said, no, it was not a serious bet and welched. Of course, the members had no recourse.

There's a reason why many golf insiders don't like this guy. You don't want to be that guy.
If you're talking about Mickelson, Snopes and Urbanlegends says it never happened. I don't care for Lefty, but wouldn't spread this story around.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not saying it's not, but the level it is on is not much different than some player chugging down two 5 hour energy drinks and a monster drink and they are far from illegal. What I am speaking of was things such as anabolics, HGH1, and some testo boosters. Things that are "all natural" when taken in high doses can produce similar effects to man made products, so why not ban the natural stuff if they want to get all nit picky?

This gets at the problem with regulating many of these substances as performance enhancers. Some of the restrictions (such as Adderall) come off as arbitrary. [But I still suspect many supposed Adderall suspensions are a cover for something else. The idea that these guys can't obtain a prescription is a joke. Period.]

Football is already dangerous and nobody wants substances like HGH compounding that danger. -It's a good idea to police this stuff but regulating PEDs can get tricky.

For example, I think banned substances make sense as a way to hasten recovery from some serious injuries. This is purely hypothetical (of course), but if a regiment of banned substances helps AP recover from a serious knee injury by reducing recovery/rehabilitation time, it seems a bit obtuse to argue that he shouldn't be allowed to. Think Ray Lewis and Deer Antler Spray. I don't like the idea of players juicing regularly to enhance their baseline abilities but I'm receptive to the use of banned substances in order to aid the recovery process.

H

HardRightEdge

If you're talking about Mickelson, Snopes and Urbanlegends says it never happened. I don't care for Lefty, but wouldn't spread this story around.

You'll note I didn't mention any names. I know a guy who's best friends with a ex-PGA star who played in that Masters. Said PGA member affirmed the story. Take that for what you will.

H

HardRightEdge

If that were true, athletes would confine themselves to the legal so-called "natural" products.

If that were true, athletes would confine themselves to the legal energy and super-caffeinated drinks instead of Adderall.

In any case, it does not appear the rules are based on any distinction between "natural" and "artificial". Deer antler spray, just to name one, is a natural product banned by the NFL.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden is how they came up w/the name for golf. Well,maybe not that way but it sounded good

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden is how they came up w/the name for golf. Well,maybe not that way but it sounded good

I thought they called it golf because all the other four letter words had already been used...

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure. Under the current rules, the NFL cannot disclose why a player failed a drug test. So any reports that Mike Neal failed for Adderall can't be vouched and I suspect that Neal's people probably leaked that rumor...

How many failed drug tests have been linked to Adderall over the past two or three years? -Players are aware it's a banned substance and getting a prescription shouldn't be difficult.

I believe many players that fail these drug tests prefer to have it linked to Adderall. Kids all across America take Adderall to focus in school; it's medical fashion right now and it doesn't carry the same negative baggage as traditional PEDs or recreational drugs. Basically, Adderall offers a preferable fiction.

The Seahawks defense? -That's not Adderrall. All five? -No way. I would bet a year's salary on it. (j/k :p)

Mike Neal himself said it was Adderall - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ons-why-nfl-suspended-him-for-using-adderall/

I agree with what you're saying though. It seems Adderall is being blamed for everything now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you knew your wife was going to find out you got in trouble at work but would never know what for, would you tell her you were got in trouble for being on Facebook or for sexually harassing a coworker? I'd go with the socially acceptable one.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://sulia.com/jasonjwilde/f/5299...=fb&guid=5299cd36-5719-4e14-af9d-dc91a99213a6

“I don’t regret backing a friend up. Obviously, in hindsight, a more measured approach next time would obviously be the better course of action.

“People make mistakes. I definitely believe in forgiveness and moving forward. Obviously he has a tough task in front of him moving forward with his career on and off the field. As far as the business goes, right now, I’m focused on football, and I have people that can work with me on those type of issues.

"I was disappointed with the way it went down. I trusted him. And that’s probably the thing that hurts the most.

Members online

Latest posts