Shopping Desmond Bishop?!?!?!

H

HardRightEdge

Keep in mind Bishop is due about $7 mil over the next two seasons, none of it guaranteed. I don't think they will pay him another year on IR if it comes to that.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or it more likely breaks down like this (Spolier alert. This is what really happened) A team or two called the Packers asking about Bishop. No one made any deals TT deemed worthy for his starting MLB. A sports reporter looking to put up something unique among the millions of tweets flying around about the draft hears about it from one of the teams who tried to place an insufficient offer for Bishop. Boom instantly Packer fans are blowing up about it in their favorite forums/bars/ etc. People google search looking for answers and where does it lead them? Nfl.com/Twitter/whatever. Site hits = revenue. All these guys do is search for some reason to get people talking about them and whoever they work for.

And you know that this is what happened for sure?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont think he knows for sure..However we all know how Ted doesnt let things really leak out to much..

I would say his scenario is very logical

Usually, "spoiler alert" indicates something that is unknown, but true. His scenario might seem "logical", but it doesn't make it any truer than any other scenario.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bishop was a hitter. I'm assuming he isn't the same after a bad injury. Life in the NFL.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually, "spoiler alert" indicates something that is unknown, but true. His scenario might seem "logical", but it doesn't make it any truer than any other scenario.
Okay okay you got me. I was being a smartass. I wasnt in the room when whatever team called to make these offers. But given what we have been told and the way these situations have panned out in the past I think that we all know that's what happened as much as we could ever possibly know about these sort of inter-team dealings that get a 1 line comment from a "source close to the team"

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but it is the most practical explanation for the news that has been discussed. It's not even a secret that the scenario which slaughter25 described is the general modus operandi for most reporters, especially if this nonsense broke via Twitter. I usually take a big salt lick along with anything reported on the internet, even more so when such red hot news then not spoken about when the packers were on the clock and making a trade in the 3rd round. (NFL Network) Until some updated reports start popping up I think a great deal of scepticism should be given to stuff like this, especially when the sources are not vetted.

Members online

Latest posts