Shopping Desmond Bishop?!?!?!

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Network guy just said Packers are actively shopping Bishop?! WTF!!! I would be absolutely pissed if we move him. He's the only ILB that brings attitude and some pop. This better not happen!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang dude u just beat me to it! I heard that to! Why? Theres no way Hawk and Jones are the solution at mlb...no way. I would be so upset. How will Bishop feel about this? Not happy.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll believe it when it happens. Everyone around here should know how close to the vest TT keeps his cards. Just makes me think of how "close" the packers were to signing S Jackson to a contract for a couple of days there according to some "NFL Network Guy" or some "ESPN source". I honestly cant see what he would be going after unless the front office knows a lot more about his recovery than we do.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he wasn't recovering well he would have no trade value. TT does keep things quiet, but if he is making calls, many teams would know. I think TT likes Brad Jones more than we realize.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
He's going to get another draft pick that he can trade down. His plan is to maximize the number of 7th round draft picks. Great value down in the 7th you know.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bishop brings pop yes, but idk if I was looking at the same player you guys were two years ago. Good player but we were still the worst defense in the NFL with him. Out all last year, if we are shopping him I doubt we get much for him.

I'd rather have kept D.J Smith. Younger, cheaper and looked about the same in the lineup.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll believe it when it happens. Everyone around here should know how close to the vest TT keeps his cards.
Well if there's some smoke here, there's fire. Probably a team he's talked with leaked it. Of course TT and our side wouldn't.

But if news has gotten out, then his agent and he are aware of it, and that's not good.
That's like no turning back.

I loved Bish as he was our only thumper. When he ripped his hamstring totally off in our first pre-season game, that was a killer almost equal to losing Cullen Jenkins/Nick Collins.

I don't like Hawk or Jones as ILB.
I wanted Arthur Brown.

Now? What the hell are they thinking?

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Considering the other ILB's we have on the roster I can't see why you'd want to trade him, does TT really think we'd get an ILB of his caliber in the 4th through 7th rounds?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would be a dumb trade..im not the biggest TT fan as it is. You dont trade a guy unless you have a viable option at backup..we dont.

KCBIGDOG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that too and yelled WTF???? We all know if we go through another year with Hawk and Jones starting again it will be a loooong year. It makes a little sense in way because we have three guys at ILB getting starters money! I would have felt a little better if we would have drafted someone to take Bishop's place as an enforcer on defense. If this happens both bishop and smith will be gone from last year...

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Would be a dumb trade..im not the biggest TT fan as it is. You dont trade a guy unless you have a viable option at backup..we dont.

And you know that how? You know how MM and TT feel about Brad Jones progress in playing the middle? You know how they feel about Manning? You know the exact injury issue with Bishop and his eventual top end after recovery? Like the rest of us, you are chirping while being completely in the dark.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going to get another draft pick that he can trade down. His plan is to maximize the number of 7th round draft picks. Great value down in the 7th you know.

Yeah but we both know you will try n sign those 7th rounders in 5 years. Silly Viking fan.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you know that how? You know how MM and TT feel about Brad Jones progress in playing the middle? You know how they feel about Manning? You know the exact injury issue with Bishop and his eventual top end after recovery? Like the rest of us, you are chirping while being completely in the dark.

Ill tell you what i do know pal, we looked terrible at times because wwe had no speed or guys who can cover at mlb...thats what i know. I also know we have to get more athletic on the inside. Hows that?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Ill tell you what i do know pal, we looked terrible at times because wwe had no speed or guys who can cover at mlb...thats what i know. I also know we have to get more athletic on the inside. Hows that?

1. I'm not your pal.
2. Jones is brand new to ILB. He's shown speed on special teams. WE don't know yet how fast Manning is.
3. It could be that Manning and Jones are faster and more athletic than a rehabbed Bishop and Hawk.
4. "How's that?" - Like most of your posts, shows poor analysis and visceral hate for TT. You'd be complete horsecrap as a NFL GM.

Now.... how's that????

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I'm not your pal.
2. Jones is brand new to ILB. He's shown speed on special teams. WE don't know yet how fast Manning is.
3. It could be that Manning and Jones are faster and more athletic than a rehabbed Bishop and Hawk.
4. "How's that?" - Like most of your posts, shows poor analysis and visceral hate for TT. You'd be complete horsecrap as a NFL GM.

Now.... how's that????

Why the heck would you try to trade a guy who is "rehabing"? What kind of value would he have? But i would be a horsecrap GM right? Its been stated plenty of times on here that Manning isnt that fast so theres no point of even bringing him up. As for jones if you think he would be a beter option at mlb over Bishop youre crazy.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I'm not your pal.

Now.... how's that????
now come on, if he was a real GM he would have real info to base opinions on. His error, imho, is not understanding he doesn't understand.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the heck would you try to trade a guy who is "rehabing"? What kind of value would he have? But i would be a horsecrap GM right? Its been stated plenty of times on here that Manning isnt that fast so theres no point of even bringing him up. As for jones if you think he would be a beter option at mlb over Bishop youre crazy.
people were also upset when Bishop took over for Barnet. Personally, I think Manning has a lot of upside and I am very interested to see if he is stepping to the plate.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now come on, if he was a real GM he would have real info to base opinions on. His error, imho, is not understanding he doesn't understand.

Oh i understand trust me. I also understand that beore Bish got hurt he was our best ilb but alot of ppl are overlooking that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Most definitely. This is well-established by now.

Haha if we talked football the way we took shots at each other we would all sound like Nfl gm's. As much as i would like to tell some of you about yourselves id rather talk football with my Packer brothers not throw out insults.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha if we talked football the way we took shots at each other we would all sound like Nfl gm's. As much as i would like to tell some of you about yourselves id rather talk football with my Packer brothers not throw out insults.

I doubt you could tell any of us anything about us since you don't really know any of us.

I don't mean it to be insulting. Just don't think that you have realistic thought-out philosophies for building a consistent winning team. There are millions of fans that want to run a team like you, but that's why the fans don't run the team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh i understand trust me. I also understand that beore Bish got hurt he was our best ilb but alot of ppl are overlooking that.
The key word is 'was'. We can't keep a player on the roster because of what he did in the past. Do you think TT would purposely get rid of a good player without a good alternative? Either Bishop isn't going to play as well, or we have a better option. Although you aren't insulting other posters, you constantly put Thompson down. Only trying to say, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to attack TT when we really don't know if Bishop is on the block, or the reasons TT may be shopping him.

Oh, and if I insulted you, I apologize. I reread my post and it didn't sound like it did when I was typing it in.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He doesn't. If you check his posting history, you'll learn his idea of building a team is either trading draft picks for someone else's cast off, or overpaying some big name free agent.

Staff online

Latest posts