Shopping Desmond Bishop?!?!?!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt you could tell any of us anything about us since you don't really know any of us.

I don't mean it to be insulting. Just don't think that you have realistic thought-out philosophies for building a consistent winning team. There are millions of fans that want to run a team like you, but that's why the fans don't run the team.

There's also GM's that want to run a team like him, but that hasn't exactly fared well...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for Bishop trade rumors, I imagine these discussions are mostly injury vs. salary related. It's possible he's not rehabbing as well as we'd like, so when you factor in his salary, the team might feel it's better off without him.

Reaction score
I really wouldn't like it if we traded away Bishop.... Unless Terrell Manning is all of a sudden a beast at ILB.
I'm really looking forward to Clay/Bishop/Brad(?)/Perry - with Datone and company up front.

I'd be really bummed if we get rid of Bishop.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't like it if we traded away Bishop.... Unless Terrell Manning is all of a sudden a beast at ILB.
I'm really looking forward to Clay/Bishop/Brad(?)/Perry - with Datone and company up front.

I'd be really bummed if we get rid of Bishop.

I respect your opinion but I wouldn't be bummed in the least. If Ted thinks that now is the time to get rid of Bishop, then he obviously has a plan for his replacement. I mean really, we played the entire season without him last year. I think it is a very good sign that we are hearing that he's being shopped. It certainly leads me to believe that MM & TT feel that Jones, Manning and Lattimore are on the upswing because obviously Hawk is not going to make a sudden jump in productivity. Hawk is what he is. Maybe there is still a FA out there that he is going to sign. Unless you're hearing what's on MM & TT mind first hand, there is really no way to know. It's not like they are going to purposefully sabotage the team.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/205002831.html

UPDATE: A source with knowledge of the situation told JSOnline's Tom Silverstein that the Packers are not actively shopping Bishop around. That may mean that they have simply fielded a few inquiries from other teams.

Figured as much

So, this entire thread of posters jumping off of cliffs, bashing TT and trading personal insults with each other is built upon a rumor that turns out to be false. LOL. :tup:

Guess that's why we are called "fanatics", eh?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, this entire thread of posters jumping off of cliffs, bashing TT and trading personal insults with each other is built upon a rumor that turns out to be false. LOL. :tup:

Pretttty much. Sept cant come fast enough!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

1. I'm not your pal.
2. Jones is brand new to ILB. He's shown speed on special teams. WE don't know yet how fast Manning is.
3. It could be that Manning and Jones are faster and more athletic than a rehabbed Bishop and Hawk.
4. "How's that?" - Like most of your posts, shows poor analysis and visceral hate for TT. You'd be complete horsecrap as a NFL GM.

Now.... how's that????
oh for **** sake guys !!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This whole thread cracks me up

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't. If you check his posting history, you'll learn his idea of building a team is either trading draft picks for someone else's cast off, or overpaying some big name free agent.

Not really. Ive talked about trades yea but i wouldnt cnsider Wake a "castoff", nice try tho.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Rumors. I don't think the team is actively trying to get rid of him, I think it's more other teams are inquiring and we're bothering to entertain their lousy offers.

M

mayo44

NFL Network guy just said Packers are actively shopping Bishop?! WTF!!! I would be absolutely pissed if we move him. He's the only ILB that brings attitude and some pop. This better not happen!

Why? Do you know something the Packers don't know about him?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So, just in case this is one of those cases where your English doesn't jibe with our English, what does "oh for **** sake guys!!!" mean in English English?:D
Please gentlemen, please desist from this personal attack, and remain on friendly terms........or something like that :roflmao:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/205002831.html

UPDATE: A source with knowledge of the situation told JSOnline's Tom Silverstein that the Packers are not actively shopping Bishop around. That may mean that they have simply fielded a few inquiries from other teams.

Figured as much
Damage control. Now that they found out they couldn't even pick up another 7th rounder for him they have to make it seem like it was all just a rumor. Otherwise you have a disgruntled player on your hands. ;)

H

HardRightEdge

Damage control. Now that they found out they couldn't even pick up another 7th rounder for him they have to make it seem like it was all just a rumor. Otherwise you have a disgruntled player on your hands. ;)

The rumor made no sense. Nobody would give up anything of value for any player with that kind of injury at that late hour without the benefit of a medical exam, and TT wouldn't give the guy away if there's any chance he can regain his form.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It more than likely breaks down like this: The Packers aren't paying Brad Jones $4M/year to play special teams and AJ Hawk has two working legs. The fact of the matter is that nobody knows what kind of progress Bishop has made. His hamstring could be worse than people believe.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It more than likely breaks down like this: The Packers aren't paying Brad Jones $4M/year to play special teams and AJ Hawk has two working legs. The fact of the matter is that nobody knows what kind of progress Bishop has made. His hamstring could be worse than people believe.

Or it more likely breaks down like this (Spolier alert. This is what really happened) A team or two called the Packers asking about Bishop. No one made any deals TT deemed worthy for his starting MLB. A sports reporter looking to put up something unique among the millions of tweets flying around about the draft hears about it from one of the teams who tried to place an insufficient offer for Bishop. Boom instantly Packer fans are blowing up about it in their favorite forums/bars/ etc. People google search looking for answers and where does it lead them? Nfl.com/Twitter/whatever. Site hits = revenue. All these guys do is search for some reason to get people talking about them and whoever they work for.

Members online

Latest posts