Senior Bowl Thread

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only knock on Sweat would be he's a liability in pass coverage so Clay or Blake would have to be schemed to match up on backs or tight ends streaking upfield.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
OLB Sweat really stood out to me in the game. Probably moved into the middle of the 1st.

Doss looked good and helped himself.

Like Renfro but only because the announcer sounded like scooby do everytime the announce said his name.

http://walterfootball.c5om/seniorbowl2019stock.php

And Brandon, I understand you want to emphasize offense in the draft.

That's interesting. Most people I heard said that Dalton Risner dominated Sweat in the game. I didn't watch it myself.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The only knock on Sweat would be he's a liability in pass coverage so Clay or Blake would have to be schemed to match up on backs or tight ends streaking upfield.

I would say another knock on him is that if an OT can counter his length, he usually doesn't have much of an answer.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez you two guys have really hijacked this thread with this endless blah blah blah...

I opened this thread hoping to find some observations from people who have been following the practices and/or watched the game . Guess I might have to go elsewhere.

It sounds like two women cat fighting.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Rookie seasons
Games, starts, targets, recp, yards, YPR, TD
16 9 80 47 676 14.4 2 <2007 BF5 last season

14 11 104 45 632 14.0 3 <2006

16 2 54 33 366 11.1 2 <2008 AR12 first season

15 0 31 25 375 15.0 1 <2011 year of the fab 5
TE, not relevant

16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 <2014

6 3 19 15 136 9.1 2 <2015

MVS 16 10 73 38 581 15.3 2
ESB 12 7 36 21 328 15.6 0
Jake 5 2 11 8 103 12.9 1
Geronimo 10 2 22 12 202 16.8 2<2016

Yep that Jordy and Davante lit the world on fire their rookie seasons. Cobb and Ty were just bit players like Geronimo was. I could have shuffled MVS stats with any of the others and you couldn't pick the difference.
Actually Kumerow even had comparable rookie numbers as a receiver to what TyMont had.
The cupboard is not bare after Adams at WR. I figure 3 of the 6 young rostered WRs should be better than competent going forward.
Neither Adams nor Nelson lit the world on fire their rookie seasons. Nor their second season. For those that don’t remember, it wasn’t until their third seasons that we really started seeing elite level potential out of both of them. I think it’s almost impossible for a rookie WR to make #1 receiver like contributions with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Neither Adams nor Nelson lit the world on fire their rookie seasons. Nor their second season. For those that don’t remember, it wasn’t until their third seasons that we really started seeing elite level potential out of both of them. I think it’s almost impossible for a rookie WR to make #1 receiver like contributions with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Not True at all. Adams showed as a rookie way more then these guys and was a vital part of that team making it to the NFC Champ game with a big game against Dallas in playoffs and showing up big time against the Patriots when Belichick forced him to make plays. His second year was injury riddled so he wasn't the same player. To compare these guys to Adams is a joke and disrespectful of Adams talent level.

I'm really getting worn on people being in denial and playing there yearly tricks on themselves that were good at reciever.

McCarthy is gone and I expect LaFleur to be more scheme orientated so the Rodgers Jedi mind trick with receivers won't be needed as much. Younger guys will be able to have more impact following the scheme.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Statistically, MVS outshone Adams' rookie season-- and in a year where the Packers' passing game wasn't nearly as effective as it was in 2014.

I'm not anti WR. They do need to replace Cobb in the offense. I don't see a player on the roster that fits that profile. However, we don't need to ignore reality just to push that agenda.

Also, not throwing a hissy and accusing the entire fan base of being delusional would probably be good.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Statistically, MVS outshone Adams' rookie season-- and in a year where the Packers' passing game wasn't nearly as effective as it was in 2014.

I'm not anti WR. They do need to replace Cobb in the offense. I don't see a player on the roster that fits that profile. However, we don't need to ignore reality just to push that agenda.

Also, not throwing a hissy and accusing the entire fan base of being delusional would probably be good.

Those stats are crap! MVS was thrusted into playing because we were already weak at receiver and G-Mo, Cobb got hurt.

Tired of people bringing up these stupid stats to prove a ridiculous point. The eye test was obvious Adam's vs MVS rookie season and if you couldn't see it you know nothing about football.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Those stats are crap! MVS was thrusted into playing because we were already weak at receiver and G-Mo, Cobb got hurt.

Tired of people bringing up these stupid stats to prove a ridiculous point. The eye test was obvious Adam's vs MVS rookie season and if you couldn't see it you know nothing about football.

Vintage Brandon.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nobody is asking you two too constantly harass me. I've been posting on this forum far before you and I will be posting far after you if God let's me.

Your welcome to ignore at anytime. Your takes offer little content and mostly are ploys to get a reaction out of me.

I'm not playing the game anymore.

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams (575) was on the field for more passing plays during his rookie year in 2014 than MVS (504) was last season. Both were targeted at a similar rate (MVS 73, Adams 66).

It's ridiculous to discredit MVS rookie numbers because they don't fit your eye test.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Adams (575) was on the field for more passing plays during his rookie year in 2014 than MVS (504) was last season. Both were targeted at a similar rate (MVS 73, Adams 66).

It's ridiculous to discredit MVS rookie numbers because they don't fit your eye test.

Scantling is a one trick pony. Its flat out ridiculous to think he has the same skill set as Adams. Adams came in as a rookie and was flat out schooling veteran DB's with his routes. I was at training camp this year and Scantling wasn't even close. Rodgers was frustrated with him. We played Scantling cause we had too. He is also not nearly as strong as Adams. There is a reason Scantling was drafted where he was. The other issue with Scantling is when the play breaks down he gets lost. I do believe he has a higher ceiling then G-Mo but he isn't gonna develop into Adams type numbers. If he does I will eat my words and say i'm wrong but I see Scantling as a top end no.4 receiver and a 3 when injuries set in. Heck, I want Scantling to kill it but once again I see him as a one trick pony. You guys are in for a big surprise if you think Scnatling as our no.2 is gonna get us to the Super Bowl. Major Kool Aid going on here. What flavor are you drinking?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Scantling is a one trick pony. Its flat out ridiculous to think he has the same skill set as Adams. He is not nearly as strong as Adams. There is a reason Scantling was drafted where he was. The other issue with Scantling is when the play breaks down he gets lost. I do believe he has a higher ceiling then G-Mo but he isn't gonna develop imto Adams type numbers. If he does I will eat my words and say i'm wrong but I see Scantling as a top end no.4 receiver and a 3 when injuries set in. Heck, I want Scantling to kill it but once again I see him as a one trick pony. You guys are in for a big surprise if you think Scnatling as our no.2 is gonna get us to the Super Bowl. Major Kool Aid going on here. What flavor are you drinking?

First of all let me tell you that it would be awesome if you had the ability to accept other opinions and wouldn't feel the need to attack everyone not agreeing with yours.

Back on topic, I'm definitely not suggesting that I expect MVS to put up numbers like Adams in his fourth season but he could develop into a dangerous deep threat capable of being a decent #2 or #3 receiver.

There's no doubt about the FACT that he put up better stats than Adams as a rookie though.

BTW it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in. Just take a look at Hill, Brown or Thielen for example.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
First of all let me tell you that it would be awesome if you had the ability to accept other opinions and wouldn't feel the need to attack everyone not agreeing with yours.

Back on topic, I'm definitely not suggesting that I expect MVS to put up numbers like Adams in his fourth season but he could develop into a dangerous deep threat capable of being a decent #2 or #3 receiver.

There's no doubt about the FACT that he put up better stats than Adams as a rookie though.

BTW it doesn't matter what round he was drafted in. Just take a look at Hill, Brown or Thielen for example.

Yeah I agree with the round thing but there just not comparable players. Adam's is a star that can do it all. He just has those natural instincts. I knew he was gonna be a star when we drafted him. One of Thompsons best picks. Scantling is a guy that will catch a few deep balls in a loaded offense which is what we should be.

That's where I like Scantling. I like him as the no.4 and teams sleep on him cause we have so many other weapons and Scantling gets matched up right. I don't feel confident at all going into next season as him being the no.2. In fact if that happens I will question why I moved into this horror show.

BTW, there is a receiver coming out this year out of Fresno State that might project to be as good as Adams. He actually has better hands then Adams if you can believe that. His name is Keesean Johnson. The guy will be another star.

D

Deleted member 6794

Scantling is a guy that will catch a few deep balls in a loaded offense which is what we should be.

That's where I like Scantling. I like him as the no.4 and teams sleep on him cause we have so many other weapons and Scantling gets matched up right. I don't feel confident at all going into next season as him being the no.2. In fact if that happens I will question why I moved into this horror show.

I agree the Packers need to add another veteran receiver but would feel fine with MVS entering the season as the #3, especially if Graham gets involved in the passing game more often.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree the Packers need to add another veteran receiver but would feel fine with MVS entering the season as the #3, especially if Graham gets involved in the passing game more often.

I can live with him being a 3 depending on who the 2 is.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

That's fine but it's not all me. Certain people like to make digs and call me names and throw carrots out there for me to react. I will take the higher road and ignore them and not play into it.

I'd actually rather go down to Titltown Brewery and talk shop but the weather had been brutal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

That's fine but it's not all me. Certain people like to make digs and call me names and throw carrots out there for me to react. I will take the higher road and ignore them and not play into it.

We're all here to have animated discussions about the Packers but it's annoying when posters act as if their opinion is a fact while attacking others not agreeing with it.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Nobody is asking you two too constantly harass me. I've been posting on this forum far before you and I will be posting far after you if God let's me.

Your welcome to ignore at anytime. Your takes offer little content and mostly are ploys to get a reaction out of me.

I'm not playing the game anymore.

I made a general comment to the discussion at hand, you quoted it and said that my "stats are crap!" and that if I didn't see it your way "I don't know football," and then you start pissing and moaning about being harrassed.

You're one of a kind.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the round thing but there just not comparable players. Adam's is a star that can do it all. He just has those natural instincts. I knew he was gonna be a star when we drafted him. One of Thompsons best picks. Scantling is a guy that will catch a few deep balls in a loaded offense which is what we should be.

BTW, there is a receiver coming out this year out of Fresno State that might project to be as good as Adams. He actually has better hands then Adams if you can believe that. His name is Keesean Johnson. The guy will be another star.

I don't recall anyone saying that MVS is or will be Adams. The comparison was simply illustrating that rookie performances don't tell the whole story-- I.e. we don't know what we have for sure in the rookies of 2018 just like we didn't know for sure what we had in Adams after 2014.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In a perfect scenario, I would have the Packers replace Cobb with a young FA who is in his prime but brings some experience to a young WR corps. Ideally, he would be able to be a Slot/YAC weapon in the offense while also bringing some stability to the PR game. Jamison Crowder would be great.

However, if they can't go that route then I do think they need to draft such a player-- either relatively early, or in the middle rounds and pair the pick with an older FA who can help bridge the gap.

With that position addressed, I'd be happy to have MVS, EQSB, Allison, Moore, and Kumerow competing for the outside position opposite Adams. I don't care if you call it #2 or #3-- they have an abundance of candidates to fill the role.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I made a general comment to the discussion at hand, you quoted it and said that my "stats are crap!" and that if I didn't see it your way "I don't know football," and then you start pissing and moaning about being harrassed.

You're one of a kind.

Its not so much you Dante as much as it is Jubilee. But you both are guilty of ganging up on me sometimes for no apparent reason. You guys like to tag team and did it all last year too. Then there are subtle things like you guys mocking my favorite pick and opening up a thread with his name and basically talking trash. So believe whatever the hell you want. It's not all me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

You're one of a kind.

Then you have that Favre>Rodgers guy who admitted to stating "it's fun to poke the bear". If anything I've had to deal with all three of you and its been quite the handful.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't recall anyone saying that MVS is or will be Adams. The comparison was simply illustrating that rookie performances don't tell the whole story-- I.e. we don't know what we have for sure in the rookies of 2018 just like we didn't know for sure what we had in Adams after 2014.

As you can tell I'm pretty passionate about the Packers and when I hear such garbage I shut it down immediately. You were piggy backing on a conversation I was having and threw your hat in the ring.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts