Senior Bowl Thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Can you articulate an answer that specifically says how I am a hater?

Also, why was he worthy of the 12th pick a couple months ago, but now it's just the 30th? What changed your opinion there?

You just like to fight me on my picks. Sutton last year and Campbell this year. If I had it my way we would have Mixon, Sutton and now Campbell along with better OL picks and be on our way to a Super Bowl. Instead, were selling tickets for 50 dollars at Lambeau. Embarrassing.

Right now I have Campbell "pre-combine" as tremendous value with our no. 30 pick. It's not that I don't think he is worth no.12 but we might not have to pick him there. That could all change after the combine and if that's the case then I like the Packers trading back some and nabbing him.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That's not saying much for Ohio State. Look at his "competition". Only 4 WRs at OSU have ever eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark in a season and only 10 have ever had seasons of 60 catchers or more.

With the exception of Cris Carter and say maybe David Boston, most haven't translated to the NFL well.

Dont forget about Joey Galloway. He had some amazing seasons in Seattle.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just like to fight me on my picks. Sutton last year and Campbell this year. If I had it my way we would have Mixon, Sutton and now Campbell along with better OL picks and be on our way to a Super Bowl. Instead, were selling tickets for 50 dollars at Lambeau. Embarrassing.

Right now I have Campbell "pre-combine" as tremendous value with our no. 30 pick. It's not that I don't think he is worth no.12 but we might not have to pick him there. That could all change after the combine and if that's the case then I like the Packers trading back some and nabbing him.

Again, you're not answering my question. In what way am I being a hater? Is it just because I don't agree with a first round grade?

You don't agree with me on players. I don't think that makes you a hater. Just means we have a different opinion.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I never said Sutton was bad. I said he wasn't a guy I would take at our pick. I said he wasn't a first rounder.

You continually said he wouldn't be there for our pick. You said he if he was, we wouldn't pass on him. You said there was no way Dallas would pass on him. You said there was no way he would get out of the first round.

And guess what? He didn't go first round. And Parris Campbell won't either.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Again, you're not answering my question. In what way am I being a hater? Is it just because I don't agree with a first round grade?

You don't agree with me on players. I don't think that makes you a hater. Just means we have a different opinion.

It's the little "diggs" like saying "Campbell afraid of competition" which is entirely false

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lindstrom showing why I have him as my top guard. Dude can get to second level.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Last year I never said Sutton was bad. I said he wasn't a guy I would take at our pick. I said he wasn't a first rounder.

You continually said he wouldn't be there for our pick. You said he if he was, we wouldn't pass on him. You said there was no way Dallas would pass on him. You said there was no way he would get out of the first round.

And guess what? He didn't go first round. And Parris Campbell won't either.

Your infatuated with where guys should get picked. I'm infatuated with the Packers building a Super Bowl roster.

Big difference.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the little "diggs" like saying "Campbell afraid of competition" which is entirely false

It was a joke, you dingus.

I'll be waiting for the other "diggs", since you have that pluralized.

On another note, please learn what a quotation mark is, and how to use them. Thanks.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your infatuated with where guys should get picked. I'm infatuated with the Packers building a Super Bowl roster.

Big difference.

Buddy boy. If you think Mixon + Sutton was getting us to the Super Bowl this year, then you've got bigger problems.

But you crushed it. I DO NOT WANT the Packers to get to the Super Bowl. Definitely not a thing I would like.

Fortunately, neither of us will do anything that influences the Packers making it/not making it. It's a rather irrelevant point.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Buddy boy. If you think Mixon + Sutton was getting us to the Super Bowl this year, then you've got bigger problems.

But you crushed it. I DO NOT WANT the Packers to get to the Super Bowl. Definitely not a thing I would like.

Fortunately, neither of us will do anything that influences the Packers making it/not making it. It's a rather irrelevant point.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop trying and what I'm definitely not gonna do is stop using "quotation marks" to "emphasize" what I'm saying so get over it.

I've had to get over and deal with you and others constantly blasting my opinions just to do it along with opinions that I don't like. I have also sat here for years listening on how we need to keep Ted Thompson to these ridiculous defensive picks every year that has made us losers. It's funny you say there hasn't been any fan input but yet many of these failed picks is exactly what many fans wanted including you.

It doesn't take a football genius to realize building a defense from the back end up is completely idiotic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Time to move Dillard down the board where I originally had him 3-4th round.

Dillard had one of the best weeks in practice of anyone at the Senior Bowl. That matters to scouts a lot more than the game. 3rd/4th round was never realistic for him and it certainly isn't after this week.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Players I heard consistent positives for during the week of practice:
  • Andre Dillard, OT, WSU
  • Tytus Howard, OT, ALSU
  • Chuma Edoga, OT, USC
  • Dalton Risner, OL, KSU
  • Garrett Bradbury, OL, NCSU
  • Deebo Samuel, WR, SC
  • Penny Hart, WR, GSU
  • Terry McLaurin, WR, OSU
  • Renell Wren, DL, ASU
  • Rock Ya-Sin, CB, TEM

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Dillard had one of the best weeks in practice of anyone at the Senior Bowl. That matters to scouts a lot more than the game. 3rd/4th round was never realistic for him and it certainly isn't after this week.

That's fine and dandy but eventually all that great practice has to translate to performance in a game. How many times have we heard of this great practice player performance for the Packers amount to horrible game play?

For example Lindstrom showed in a game situation what he is capable of doing while Dillard got blown by. Give me the "game tape"

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
That's fine and dandy but eventually all that great practice has to translate to performance in a game. How many times have we heard of this great practice player performance for the Packers amount to horrible game play?

For example Lindstrom showed in a game situation what he is capable of doing while Dillard got blown by. Give me the "game tape"

You're free to think whatever you want. I'm just telling you what NFL personnel people care about, according to literally any report I've ever read on the matter.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Geez you two guys have really hijacked this thread with this endless blah blah blah...

I opened this thread hoping to find some observations from people who have been following the practices and/or watched the game . Guess I might have to go elsewhere.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't take a football genius to realize building a defense from the back end up is completely idiotic.

Brandon - your obsession with Parris Campbell is a bit annoying, but your statement quoted above is one I totally agree with.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brandon - your obsession with Parris Campbell is a bit annoying, but your statement quoted above is one I totally agree with.

I'm just frustrated with the whole direction this thing has gone and see Campbell as someone that can give this offense some life. I'd be fine with Deebo Samuel too and he had a great Senior Bowl.

I find it rather fascinating that there are people that think we need to spend another 1st round pick in the secondary over helping the offense out. We can draft DB's all day long but until we can disrupt up front it wont matter. Were just burning gas going nowhere.

Look at what the Seahawks did. They were supposed to be in a rebuild defensively and they played better then ours with a mid tier signing at safety(Bradley McDougal) and mid round draft picks at corner.

So the real "obsession" has been drafting db's with top picks every year expecting things to change.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Look what the Packers have generated on "Day 2"

James Jones
Rookie seasons
Games, starts, targets, recp, yards, YPR, TD
16 9 80 47 676 14.4 2 <2007 BF5 last season
Greg Jennings
14 11 104 45 632 14.0 3 <2006
Jordy Nelson
16 2 54 33 366 11.1 2 <2008 AR12 first season
Randall Cobb
15 0 31 25 375 15.0 1 <2011 year of the fab 5
Jermichael Finley
TE, not relevant
Devante Adams
16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 <2014
Ty Montgomery
6 3 19 15 136 9.1 2 <2015
I like that list a lot better. For some reason they thought they could replace these guys with "Day 3 Picks" and its failed miserably.
MVS 16 10 73 38 581 15.3 2
ESB 12 7 36 21 328 15.6 0
Jake 5 2 11 8 103 12.9 1
Geronimo 10 2 22 12 202 16.8 2<2016

Yep that Jordy and Davante lit the world on fire their rookie seasons. Cobb and Ty were just bit players like Geronimo was. I could have shuffled MVS stats with any of the others and you couldn't pick the difference.
Actually Kumerow even had comparable rookie numbers as a receiver to what TyMont had.
The cupboard is not bare after Adams at WR. I figure 3 of the 6 young rostered WRs should be better than competent going forward.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Rookie seasons
Games, starts, targets, recp, yards, YPR, TD
16 9 80 47 676 14.4 2 <2007 BF5 last season

14 11 104 45 632 14.0 3 <2006

16 2 54 33 366 11.1 2 <2008 AR12 first season

15 0 31 25 375 15.0 1 <2011 year of the fab 5
TE, not relevant

16 11 66 38 446 11.7 3 <2014

6 3 19 15 136 9.1 2 <2015

MVS 16 10 73 38 581 15.3 2
ESB 12 7 36 21 328 15.6 0
Jake 5 2 11 8 103 12.9 1
Geronimo 10 2 22 12 202 16.8 2<2016

Yep that Jordy and Davante lit the world on fire their rookie seasons. Cobb and Ty were just bit players like Geronimo was. I could have shuffled MVS stats with any of the others and you couldn't pick the difference.
Actually Kumerow even had comparable rookie numbers as a receiver to what TyMont had.
The cupboard is not bare after Adams at WR. I figure 3 of the 6 young rostered WRs should be better than competent going forward.

Unfortunately Rodgers doesn't seem as impressed with these guys as you do. Other then an "Atta Boy" he basically gave to Kumerow Rodgers hasn't been real excited about a rookie receiver since Adams saying he was gonna be "special". In fact Rodgers was displeased with this rookie group making it vocal more then once.

My guess is MVS could emerge/develop as a decent 3 but this offense is lacking a legitimate 2 and I don't expect the current cast of characters to be anything close to the Fab 5. Could they develop and get better? Yes, but once again I'm looking around at the top offenses in the league and we simply dont have the weapons they do.

My take remains the same which is getting your best asset premium talent to compliment him which the Packers have failed to do.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He does need his own thread....like Gruden fascinated with Peterman last year.

I find it rather fascinating that there are people that think we need to spend another 1st round pick in the secondary over helping the offense out. We can draft DB's all day long but until we can disrupt up front it wont matter. Were just burning gas going nowhere.

So the real "obsession" has been drafting db's with top picks every year expecting things to change.

Who said that? I can't think of a single person who has suggested a DB in the 1st Round since the National Championship. Most people have agreed on an edge rusher ever since.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He does need his own thread....like Gruden fascinated with Peterman last year.

Who said that? I can't think of a single person who has suggested a DB in the 1st Round since the National Championship. Most people have agreed on an edge rusher ever since.

I've seen both Adderley and Thompson suggested in round 1. Pick 30 is still round 1.

Mondio also suggested we draft a DB ahead of a receiver today.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adderly is trending towards a 1st Round Grade yes, but I still think he won't go until the 2nd. I think most have cooled on Thompson since he was exposed against Clemson. But absolutely I'd prefer a safety over a WR(but neither in the 1st Round). We got beat over the top entirely too much last year. The Vikings, 49ers, and Seahawks games showed that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen both Adderley and Thompson suggested in round 1. Pick 30 is still round 1.

Mondio also suggested we draft a DB ahead of a receiver today.
of course I did, but you're being such a twit about everything it's hard to even converse with you lately. never mind I said OLine, Dline, Either linebacker position, Safeties and then I added, if they don't feel good about King's health and we can't retain Breeland, DB could be back on the table. I must have said that in at least 4 of your ranting threads about RB's and WR's. Only you would think our defensive backfield is secured with 2 picks that aren't even on the team anymore LOL

I thought with a new year, things could start new, but you're about to start it where you finished the last.