Senior Bowl Thread

Reaction score
Then you have that Favre>Rodgers guy who admitted to stating "it's fun to poke the bear". If anything I've had to deal with all three of you and its been quite the handful.
Interesting. The first thing came to mind is that I find that username interesting parraellel to the quote. Not sure if you see the irony?
Myself. I enjoy positive criticism of my opinions as long as it’s applied in a dignified manner. I believe dignity involves a minimal amount of combativeness. I’ll compliment Whimm because he can disagree with me often but it doesn’t come across as a personal attack. I respect that and I constantly learn from others in here who don’t come across as patronizing, including yourself. Heck, if I respect a particular poster sometimes I even change my viewpoint because of it.

Unfortunately, there’s a few that will want to be borderline combative or disrespectful. The world is filled with people who are broken. Brandon. Learn to not have such a high expectation of them. We of anyone should know how broken we can be.

Let’s all enjoy SB Sunday and let it go. It’s really trivial stuff anyway.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve seen enough differing opinions called idiotic, asinine, insane, etc by enough people that nobody should be playing a victim.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Interesting. The first thing came to mind is that I find that username interesting parraellel to the quote. Not sure if you see the irony?
Myself. I enjoy positive criticism of my opinions as long as it’s applied in a dignified manner. I believe dignity involves a minimal amount of combativeness. I’ll compliment Whimm because he can disagree with me often but it doesn’t come across as a personal attack. I respect that and I constantly learn from others in here who don’t come across as patronizing, including yourself. Heck, if I respect a particular poster sometimes I even change my viewpoint because of it.

Unfortunately, there’s a few that will want to be borderline combative or disrespectful. The world is filled with people who are broken. Brandon. Learn to not have such a high expectation of them. We of anyone should know how broken we can be.

Let’s all enjoy SB Sunday and let it go. It’s really trivial stuff anyway.

Whimm is cool. Weve been posting each other for years. We've definitely had our battles and when he turned out to be right about the Seahawks I admitted I was wrong. Funny story but I actually went to Vegas for the Seshawks banner night game and Whimm thought I was crazy for betting Packers and it was a painful day in Vegas to say the least.

Yeah, I just think the frustration level is high because of back to back losing seasons and now we have this huge sense of urgency with Rodgers being 35. I understand that the Packers aren't gonna take any of our opinions but it is fun trying to figure this thing out and I am not gonna stop. The draft is one of my favorite deals of the year. Hopefully the Packer get it right.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
As you can tell I'm pretty passionate about the Packers and when I hear such garbage I shut it down immediately. You were piggy backing on a conversation I was having and threw your hat in the ring.

So long as you think this is what it means to have a discussion, you're going to continue running into the same problem. Maybe get a grip and you wouldn't feel so harrassed.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not so much you Dante as much as it is Jubilee. But you both are guilty of ganging up on me sometimes for no apparent reason. You guys like to tag team and did it all last year too. Then there are subtle things like you guys mocking my favorite pick and opening up a thread with his name and basically talking trash. So believe whatever the hell you want. It's not all me.

I had to take you off ignore to clarify something.

I started a Parris Campbell thread in hopes that that particular discussion would stop filtering into other discussions. It was not in an effort to harass you, mock you, or anything. I didn't make the thread for you Brandon, I made it for everybody else who was sick of us bickering like children.

Me not agreeing with you on a player is not talking trash, it is simply me having a different opinion. It's not a personal thing, we just view players different. And that's ok!

I put you on ignore because I can't help but respond to you, and let's be honest, our discussions aren't very constructive. You want to constantly play the victim, and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

With that, I apologize to everybody else who had to deal with the two of us. It's annoying to read over, I understand that. It won't happen anymore.

/That's how you take personal responsibility Brandon. Now quit *****ing about being picked on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So long as you think this is what it means to have a discussion, you're going to continue running into the same problem. Maybe get a grip and you wouldn't feel so harrassed.

Take it or leave it. It's who I am. Nobody on here but Old School and a couple others have described a clear vision to get us back to "Victory". I wanna have fun again and get back to this. Sorry if your offended.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I had to take you off ignore to clarify something.

I started a Parris Campbell thread in hopes that that particular discussion would stop filtering into other discussions. It was not in an effort to harass you, mock you, or anything. I didn't make the thread for you Brandon, I made it for everybody else who was sick of us bickering like children.

Me not agreeing with you on a player is not talking trash, it is simply me having a different opinion. It's not a personal thing, we just view players different. And that's ok!

I put you on ignore because I can't help but respond to you, and let's be honest, our discussions aren't very constructive. You want to constantly play the victim, and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

With that, I apologize to everybody else who had to deal with the two of us. It's annoying to read over, I understand that. It won't happen anymore.

/That's how you take personal responsibility Brandon. Now quit *****ing about being picked on.

It really has nothing to do with Parris Campbell. I want to rebuild the offense and there are people that want to continue to dump into the defense. It's fine that everyone has an opinion. I'm done with it. I've more then put my two cents in.

I want to go to Lambeau field and have fun again. What the Packers have done and some suggest here is far from fun.

I'm not interested in 50 dollar tickets.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Take it or leave it. It's who I am. Nobody on here but Old School and a couple others have described a clear vision to get us back to "Victory". I wanna have fun again and get back to this. Sorry if your offended.

So content you dislike is "garbage" and you engage it by trying to "shut it down." People need to "take it or leave it because it's who I am." If posters cite sources or statistics that you don't like, they're "stupid" and/or delusional.

So when you get push back on this narcissistic ********, you throw a fit that you're being harrassed and persecuted by the big bad meanies who won't agree with you.

Cry me a river. What you actually want is for everyone who discusses the draft to either agree with you or remain silent. I'm sorry you have to hear things that you don't agree with. I truly hope it doesn't affect your fragile psyche too much.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So content you dislike is "garbage" and you engage it by trying to "shut it down." People need to "take it or leave it because it's who I am." If posters cite sources or statistics that you don't like, they're "stupid" and/or delusional.

So when you get push back on this narcissistic ********, you throw a fit that you're being harrassed and persecuted by the big bad meanies who won't agree with you.

Cry me a river. What you actually want is for everyone who discusses the draft to either agree with you or remain silent. I'm sorry you have to hear things that you don't agree with. I truly hope it doesn't affect your fragile psyche too much.

Call it what you want. I really don't care. You guys have worn me out. Most of you have not provided any real vision to make this team better. Some of you guys grade players out well but lack any clear vision how they project into our system and what's already in place.

I'm gonna watch the Rams win and be very happy.

"PEACE"

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Call it what you want. I really don't care. You guys have worn me out. Most of you have not provided any real vision to make this team better. Some of you guys grade players out well but lack any clear vision how they project into our system and what's already in place.

I'm gonna watch the Rams win and be very happy.

"PEACE"

Hope you enjoyed that! :whistling:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we learned anything it's time to drop the bank on adding defensive talent through free agency which I'm 100 percent on board for.
They should have dropped the bank on more running backs because as soon as they’re run game dried up, so did their offense. And their defense couldn’t make the plays to make the difference

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They should have dropped the bank on more running backs because as soon as they’re run game dried up, so did their offense. And their defense couldn’t make the plays to make the difference

If Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson for that matter was the Rams QB tonight the Rams win. Bottom Line. Goff ain't worth no 30 million which he will get.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

There defense played outstanding.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anything, this makes me excited about LaFleur.

He's very much a Shanahan disciple, so you know he cares about the run game. The run game does matter. As does OL play. A lot. And we have a DC who seems to be capable of scheming up some great plays from week to week.

Shore up the OL. Get one more RB, and a good slot. Get defensive players. You aren't winning the Super Bowl without a good defense. Not happening.

We're probably more than a year away.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And yet they had the Pats pinned right where they needed them, and folded

Have you ever heard of being Gassed? They were on the field forever. Eventually any defense is gonna stress and crack. The Rams D did more then enough to win that game. I was thoroughly impressed with there defense to stop the Patriots run game and make many big 3rd down stops. If we had that type of defense we would be winning many many Super Bowls.

Like I said we need to be big players in free agency and get some defensive talent. We haven't done it since Julius Peppers. We have to change our ways. I see guys like Stephon Gilmore and Demario Davis which a lot of us wanted and instead we gave the money to our own bums. We need to get some already developed players on defense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever heard of being Gassed? They were on the field forever. Eventually any defense is gonna stress and crack. The Rams D did more then enough to win that game. I was thoroughly impressed with there defense to stop the Patriots run game and make many big 3rd down stops. If we had that type of defense we would be winning many many Super Bowls.

Like I said we need to be big players in free agency and get some defensive talent. We haven't done it since Julius Peppers. We have to change our ways. I see guys like Stephon Gilmore and Demario Davis which a lot of us wanted and instead we gave the money to our own bums. We need to get some already developed players on defense.
Why were they so gassed? Half armed Brady and Edelman kept them on the field too long?

If they were a difference maker they probably should have forced some more 3 and outs, got a turnover, something. And game in the line, opponent pinned deep and you need the ball back. Make a play. Or give up a couple 12+ yards runs and commit a 15 yard personal foul.

And I already saw us lose in 2014 to know we don’t automatically win when a defense smothers the other team. 5?6? Extra possessions and it didn’t matter. And I don’t cate to relive it.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What if what we learned tonight is that there's not really one magic formula that every team *must* follow? What if that's the lesson of every season?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You hear people going on and on about how in the NFL now you can only win if you have a QB on a rookie deal. We came a blown non call away from two handsomely paid 40+ year olds duking it out.

You hear people going on and on about how this is an offensive league now and you have to build a team to score 40 points. Then tonight you have 13-3.

You hear people going on and on about how the running game is dead and you have to throw, throw, throw. The Pats ran the ball 32 times tonight.

Rookie deal QB's win super bowls and so do expensive ones. Offense wins super bowls and so does defense. Pass heavy teams win super bowls and so do teams with good rushing attacks. I'm sick of all the big swing over reactions to the latest events.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why were they so gassed? Half armed Brady and Edelman kept them on the field too long?

If they were a difference maker they probably should have forced some more 3 and outs, got a turnover, something. And game in the line, opponent pinned deep and you need the ball back. Make a play. Or give up a couple 12+ yards runs and commit a 15 yard personal foul.

And I already saw us lose in 2014 to know we don’t automatically win when a defense smothers the other team. 5?6? Extra possessions and it didn’t matter. And I don’t cate to relive it.

Kind of like I dont want to relive Ted Thompson destroying our franchise.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You hear people going on and on about how in the NFL now you can only win if you have a QB on a rookie deal. We came a blown non call away from two handsomely paid 40+ year olds duking it out.

You hear people going on and on about how this is an offensive league now and you have to build a team to score 40 points. Then tonight you have 13-3.

You hear people going on and on about how the running game is dead and you have to throw, throw, throw. The Pats ran the ball 32 times tonight.

Rookie deal QB's win super bowls and so do expensive ones. Offense wins super bowls and so does defense. Pass heavy teams win super bowls and so do teams with good rushing attacks. I'm sick of all the big swing over reactions to the latest events.

You gotta have a good roster and we don't. Its that simple

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You gotta have a good roster and we don't. Its that simple

Yes! We need to get better. People will debate as to what areas make the most sense to start with. And some will say that we have to be open to multiple spots as you don't know exactly what will be available to pick from.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yes! We need to get better. People will debate as to what areas make the most sense to start with. And some will say that we have to be open to multiple spots as you don't know exactly what will be available to pick from.

Yeah, after tonight and that level of play on defense(both teams) made me realize just how many holes we have. This is going to be a very interesting offseason. At this point best player available at a need(we have many) is probably the way to go. We are way more then a slot receiver from getting to the promise land.

I cant wait until free agency.

Members online

Latest posts