Look what the Packers have generated on "Day 2"

James Jones
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Jermichael Finley
Devante Adams
Ty Montgomery

I like that list a lot better. For some reason they thought they could replace these guys with "Day 3 Picks" and its failed miserably.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those were all 2nd and 3rd Round picks yes, but again this is a defensively top heavy Draft, meaning said caliber of players should drop down to 3rd and 4th Round picks. To draft said caliber players in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds and ignore defensive standouts would be ludicrous unless they were far superior to that player.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Those were all 2nd and 3rd Round picks yes, but again this is a defensively top heavy Draft, meaning said caliber of players should drop down to 3rd and 4th Round picks. To draft said caliber players in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds and ignore defensive standouts would be ludicrous unless they were far superior to that player.

We really need to see what happens in free agency first. If the Packers trade out of 12(which I'm hoping) all that "defensive heavy" evens out and teams will go after offensive players as its an "offensive league". Plus the fact is if its more heavy on defense then that means you better get your guys on "O" when you can and early.

Right now I like what I'm seeing out there with both Mel Kiper and Charlie Campbell having Parris Campbell going to us at 30. My big fear at this point is if Campbell runs sub 4.35 at combine and jumps to mid first which might hurt our chances. At that point we might have to fall back on Deebo Samuel.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really need to see what happens in free agency first. If the Packers trade out of 12(which I'm hoping) all that "defensive heavy" evens out and teams will go after offensive players as its an "offensive league". Plus the fact is if its more heavy on defense then that means you better get your guys on "O" when you can and early.

That makes no sense. A GM isn't going to pass on a defensive player if they're ranked say 18th on their board for an offensive player who may be ranked say 38th.

But in other news in WR world, Hunter Renfrow is looking like a Day 3 guy. If this were ever a time to make a classic Ted Thompson pick, I'd day he'd be the one. He looks more like a pizza boy than a football player, but given the competition he's seen at Clemson, a 7th Rounder is worth the risk.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
That makes no sense. A GM isn't going to pass on a defensive player if they're ranked say 18th on their board for an offensive player who may be ranked say 38th.

But in other news in WR world, Hunter Renfrow is looking like a Day 3 guy. If this were ever a time to make a classic Ted Thompson pick, I'd day he'd be the one. He looks more like a pizza boy than a football player, but given the competition he's seen at Clemson, a 7th Rounder is worth the risk.

We don't know where Campbell is on the Packers board though and we really need to let the process ride through the combine before making any final declarations. However, I do currently have Campbell ahead of Polite on my board and I am sure others do too.

Renfrow is fine later but we need to get rid of this Ted Thompson mindset and thank god he isnt here to ruin yet another draft. We have a new Head coach who is an OC along with Gute so I believe there gonna do this the right way.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol.

Deebo isn't a fallback to Campbell, you got that one backwards.

It's really too bad Campbell declined his invite to the Senior Bowl. Afraid of competition?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he decline is bewildering to me. It's not like he's the consensus No. 1 WR, or even No. 5 for that matter. I just see another Curtis Samuel, who did virtually nothing his rookie year and finally made some headway this past year. His teammate McLaurin however, is working his way to solid 3rd Round status. Who gives up cementing their place as a possible 1st Round pick? The money is obviously better. I believe he has something to hide. We will see come combine.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why would he decline is bewildering to me. It's not like he's the consensus No. 1 WR, or even No. 5 for that matter. I just see another Curtis Samuel, who did virtually nothing his rookie year and finally made some headway this past year. His teammate McLaurin however, is working his way to solid 3rd Round status. Who gives up cementing their place as a possible 1st Round pick? The money is obviously better. I believe he has something to hide. We will see come combine.

Campbell didn't need to go to Senior Bowl and risk injury. He has stats and tape(against top competition) and once he runs in 4.25 range at combine everyone will be lining up to get hin.

Samuel(who I didnt want Packers to draft) isn't near the player Campbell is either. You really need to find a different arguement.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lol.

It's really too bad Campbell declined his invite to the Senior Bowl. Afraid of competition?

I really like Deebo and won't complain a bit if that is who we get but once again I want elite speed in the middle of the offense and believe Campbell to be the best way to acquire that.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Lol.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Guys, we've been doing so well! Cease fire!

I don't care. All Campbell did was blow by Oklahoma and a top ranked Wisconson D last year and then top five ranked Michigan team this year.

The guy has absolutely nothing else to prove other then running and jumping at the combine.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Deebo and won't complain a bit if that is who we get but once again I want elite speed in the middle of the offense and believe Campbell to be the best way to acquire that.

We have elite speed on the offense.

I'm not against adding more, but Campbell ain't who you think he is. He's a gadget guy.

/Never forget you said he could be better than Mike Thomas. LMAO.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care. All Campbell did was blow by Oklahoma and a top ranked Wisconson D last year and then top five ranked Michigan team this year.

The guy has absolutely nothing else to prove other then running and jumping at the combine.

1) Oklahoma has an awful defense. Don't care what he did to them.

2) Big 10 defenses ain't got **** for DB talent. Slooooow.

3) He needs show he can work without double catching the ball, body catching, and the ability to run a good route tree.

4) This guy who runs a 4.3 averaged 11 yards a catch. There's a disconnect somewhere there. Urban Meyer used Percy Harvin in a similar way in his offense, and even he was grtting more YPC against better talent. Again, there is a disconnect between the talent and skill with Campbell. Tons of physical talent, much less skill.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We have elite speed on the offense.

I'm not against adding more, but Campbell ain't who you think he is. He's a gadget guy.

/Never forget you said he could be better than Mike Thomas. LMAO.

We don't have Parris Campbell speed on offense. What we have is some taller guys with some top end speed. We don't have anything on the roster that closely resembles what Campbell can do with the ball in his hands.

I believe he is more then a gadget guy but time will tell and even if just a gadget guy he would still be a hell of an addition. In his own body of work I believe he can have a Thomas type impact. When you start talking about LaFleur type scheme and having a guy that can take the top off the defense from the inside the possibilities become endless. Campbell will have to be accounted for whenever he is on the field as he can score from anywhere. He can be schemed "To Win" in various situations and opens things up for the other guys.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1) Oklahoma has an awful defense. Don't care what he did to them.

2) Big 10 defenses ain't got **** for DB talent. Slooooow.

3) He needs show he can work without double catching the ball, body catching, and the ability to run a good route tree.

4) This guy who runs a 4.3 averaged 11 yards a catch. There's a disconnect somewhere there. Urban Meyer used Percy Harvin in a similar way in his offense, and even he was grtting more YPC against better talent. Again, there is a disconnect between the talent and skill with Campbell. Tons of physical talent, much less skill.

Whatever, that Wisconsin defense was very very talented.

On top of that he broke the Ohio State season reception record so I think were good with him catching "90 balls".

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...bell-sets-single-season-catch-mark-127174537/

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell ya what Brandon.

If he goes first round, I'll send you $50.

If he doesn't, you send me $10.

Fair enough?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Tell ya what Brandon.

If he goes first round, I'll send you $50.

If he doesn't, you send me $10.

Fair enough?

I need to see the confirmation of speed at combine before I completely declare him 1st round. If he runs 4.35 or under then he is absolutely going in 1st round.

I'm just commenting on Senior bowl "no attendance". The guy showed up in every big game and had no reason to risk injury at Senior Bowl with nothing left to prove other then combine numbers.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Has anybody said he's not fast? Or that he sucks?

Just curious as to what exactly makes me a hater? Is it because I don't think he's a 1st round WR?

You've been fighting me on Campbell since last year with all this same chatter etc etc.

He bet on himself and worked on his game and won. I believe he is a viable first round target with pick 30.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've been fighting me on Campbell since last year with all this same chatter etc etc.

He bet on himself and worked on his game and won. I believe he is a viable first round target with pick 30.

Can you articulate an answer that specifically says how I am a hater?

Also, why was he worthy of the 12th pick a couple months ago, but now it's just the 30th? What changed your opinion there?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On top of that he broke the Ohio State season reception record so I think were good with him catching "90 balls".

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...bell-sets-single-season-catch-mark-127174537/

That's not saying much for Ohio State. Look at his "competition". Only 4 WRs at OSU have ever eclipsed the 1,000 yard mark in a season and only 10 have ever had seasons of 60 catchers or more.

With the exception of Cris Carter and say maybe David Boston, most haven't translated to the NFL well.