Senior Bowl News

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Senior Bowl measurements will be added to this OP tomorrow when I have a break.

BUT one of my favorite tackle prospects is officially off my OT board and is an OG and another checked another massive box in locking in why I love him more than most.

Jordan Morgan OT Arizona with sub 33 inch arms…he ain’t even 6’5’…he is 100% a high level guard at next level.

Javon Foster arguably one of my favorites for GB, came in at 35 inch arms and over 82 inch wingspan.

Will share more tomorrow.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quarterback Measurements:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offensive Line

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive Line (Edges included)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have threshold purely for a physical measurements to identify body types I've tended to think are a small indicator of desired traits.

Example...Linebackers - hands 9 1/2+, arms 33+, wingspan 80+...

These are the physical winners for each position (guys that hit all three boxes in each spot):

Quarterbacks/Runningbacks I don't really do this for...but of note:

Michael Pratt's hands are TINY 9 inches...
Emani Bailey and Kimani Vidal both were sub 5'8' height.

WRs - Johnny Wilson and Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint hit 9 1/2+ hands, 32 1/2+ arms, 78+ wingspan
TEs - Brevyn Spann-Ford hit 9 1/2+ hands, 33+ arms, 80+ wingspan (he also came in under 270lbs...some were concerned he was closer to 280).
OL - Brandon Coleman, Ethan Driskell, Tyler Guyton, LaDarius Henderson, Christian Jones and Kingsley Suamataia hit all three marks - 10+ hands, 34+ arms, 82+ wingspan
DL/Edges - Darius Robinson hit 10+ hands, 34+ arms, 81+ wingspan (he is a SPECIMEN)
Linebackers - Jalyx Hunt hit 9 1/2+ hands, 33+ arms, 80+ wingspan
DBs - Jaylin Simpson and Cam Hart hit 9 1/2+ hands, 31 1/2+ arms, 75 1/2+ wingspan

Few notables that JUST missed maybe one categort:

James Williams safety hands touch small
Khyree Jackson hands again
Marist Liufau...despite the second longest arms did not have the wingspan to go with it...torso is not wide.
Marshawn Kneeland hands just touch small other two were BIG
Delmar Glaze hands touch small
Patrick Paul hands touch small
Jaheim Bell arms touch short
AJ Barner hands are small
Devontez Walker small hands
Brenden Rice hands touch too small

Notables missing ALL thresholds:

Xavier Legette missed everything...he measured much shorter than his camp was claiming and his hands are SUB 9 inches.
Roger Rosengarten missed all...but only surprising as he played tackle in college...illustrates how good of a guard I think he might become.
McKinnley Jackson his play style doesn't cause this to be an alarm though.
Laiatu Latu - this one shook me...an EDGE1 with sub 80 wingspan, 32 1/2 inch arms and hands closer to 9 inches than 10 is crazy. He is that good though.
Cedric Gray and Payton Wilson
Kris Abrams-Draine

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My contacts confirm what I suspected that are attending the bowl practices. Lagette is balling out and a great example of let measurement raise flags or possibly confirm something but in the end you gotta see the player.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few notes from my contacts present:

Quinyon Mitchell continues to show why so many of us refuse to understand not seeing him in more Day1 discussions. Highest rated corner last two years, his hips and footwork almost at times seems to beat the wide receivers he is reading...if he was an SEC prospect I guarantee folks would be all over him more - the league sure is.

Darius Robinson which some of you have asked me about is a LVN type dude, BIGGER style edge that can move pockets and pressure or play the run well. Day1 nothing popped but day 2 when up against interior OL he shined very well. If Hafley has us leaning more to a 4-3 a guy that is comfortable hand down or up off the edge has increased value if he does some of what folks suspect.

JPJ - DOMINATES. My first round grading of him is starting to not look crazy more and more.

Brownlee Jr (CB) looked VERY good in 1v1s yesterday....a guy many mock engines haven't even put in their draft engines (another issue I have with those things).

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, this is awesome. Is there any way to get an excel file of these #'s? it appears these are uploaded as an image and I can't copy and paste them back in.

The film I've been able to watch at the Senior Bowl definitely agrees with the above notes. JPJ looks outstanding and I'd definitely not have an issue with him in the first. I've heard he's played well at both C & G.
Similarly, Haynes (UCONN) has looked very good too.
I haven't seen a ton of reps but what I did see of Puni has also looked very good. He also seems to fit the packers model of sub 6-5 OT's. Little heavier but should be acceptable with how he can move.

One CB that has not impressed me is King...and since we have poor past experience with that I think we know to avoid it.

I've heard Kinchens looks the part.

I think it's hilarious (& a little disappointing) 2 of my favorite mid-round LB's, Gray & Wilson, don't seem to meet your criteria. I did hear that Wilson was one of the only LB's showing out on Day 1 or 2. I'll have to dig more for if he's continued to do well or not.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni, this is awesome. Is there any way to get an excel file of these #'s? it appears these are uploaded as an image and I can't copy and paste them back in.

The film I've been able to watch at the Senior Bowl definitely agrees with the above notes. JPJ looks outstanding and I'd definitely not have an issue with him in the first. I've heard he's played well at both C & G.
Similarly, Haynes (UCONN) has looked very good too.
I haven't seen a ton of reps but what I did see of Puni has also looked very good. He also seems to fit the packers model of sub 6-5 OT's. Little heavier but should be acceptable with how he can move.

One CB that has not impressed me is King...and since we have poor past experience with that I think we know to avoid it.

I've heard Kinchens looks the part.

I think it's hilarious (& a little disappointing) 2 of my favorite mid-round LB's, Gray & Wilson, don't seem to meet your criteria. I did hear that Wilson was one of the only LB's showing out on Day 1 or 2. I'll have to dig more for if he's continued to do well or not.

I can probably share my spreadsheet. Remember the thresholds are not requirements merely a measurement of physical typically high level traits. I love Wilson and Cedric, albeit different times in the draft.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Experts,

What are your overall thoughts on Tyler Guyton, Patrick Paul, McKinley Jackson, Michael Hall and Kyree Jackson?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Experts,

What are your overall thoughts on Tyler Guyton, Patrick Paul, McKinley Jackson, Michael Hall and Kyree Jackson?
Kyree is my third round crush. I see amazing ceiling and a guy that just needed out of Bama to show what he has. He’s not as refined now, arguably but man that ceiling is intense and love his length.

Jackson is my cheap Slaton replacement if we’d want to do it…bad thing is if we continue to keep five DL types then any draftee that stays means Slaton, Brooks or Wooden is gone and all three showed at times special.

Paul is a mountain of a man and if we draft him IMO means Walker or Tom are one hundred percent moving maybe both depending. His length and size is elite.

Guyton for me is this years Darnell wright. Dude may be the best pure RT in the draft and would mean Tom could move anywhere we want for best five.

Hall I’m mixed on and arguably lower on than many. Day3 id embrace.

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guyton for me is this years Darnell wright. Dude may be the best pure RT in the draft and would mean Tom could move anywhere we want for best five
Also something that came out of the Gute presser yesterday when asked about the OL, that he is in favor of this approach - i.e. getting the best 5 on the field. So he did not commit to keeping Tom at RT and praised his versatility. So my interpretation of that is we can draft BPA for OL, and basically when we see a great value pick (i.e. some they have rated highly falls a bit relative to their rating) we'll grab them and sort out the pieces later. We could end up with an OT or an IOL (or both) and will shuffle accordingly. I expect we'll likely grab one OL in the top 5 picks (3 rounds) and likely one somewhere in the back end for additional competition and depth - mostly because we've rarely drafted higher round OL and when we do they don't seem to work as well...and we find gold 4th round and later.
Thats my .02 anyways.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Kyree is my third round crush. I see amazing ceiling and a guy that just needed out of Bama to show what he has. He’s not as refined now, arguably but man that ceiling is intense and love his length.

Jackson is my cheap Slaton replacement if we’d want to do it…bad thing is if we continue to keep five DL types then any draftee that stays means Slaton, Brooks or Wooden is gone and all three showed at times special.

Paul is a mountain of a man and if we draft him IMO means Walker or Tom are one hundred percent moving maybe both depending. His length and size is elite.

Guyton for me is this years Darnell wright. Dude may be the best pure RT in the draft and would mean Tom could move anywhere we want for best five.

Hall I’m mixed on and arguably lower on than many. Day3 id embrace.
Are all 5 of these guys 3rd or 4th round picks?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are all 5 of these guys 3rd or 4th round picks?
Guyton IMO may go Day1 even. Paul is top 50 or so IMO.

Kyree ceiling is late second IMO.

The other two yeah I think late third or early fourth is top.