Schedule W/L Breakdown

Reaction score
Mods please delete if this has been done or should be somewhere else. Don't wanna take up unnecessary space.

W or L for each game this upcoming season.

@Chi- L

VS Min- W

VS Den- W

VS Philly- L

@Dal- L (could go either way)

VS Det- W

VS Oak- W (trap game possibility)

@ KC- L

@ LA- L

VS Car- L

@SF- W

@NY- W

VS Was- W

VS Chi- W

@Min- L

@ Det- W

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mods please delete if this has been done or should be somewhere else. Don't wanna take up unnecessary space.

W or L for each game this upcoming season.

@Chi- L

VS Min- W

VS Den- W

VS Philly- L

@Dal- L (could go either way)

VS Det- W

VS Oak- W (trap game possibility)

@ KC- L

@ LA- L

VS Car- L

@SF- W

@NY- W

VS Was- W

VS Chi- W

@Min- L

@ Det- W

When the schedule first came out and I saw it, maybe I was still disappointed by the last two years, but I thought they'd have 3/4 wins by the week 11 bye. 4/5 wins after the bye.

Denver, Detroit, Oakland. (maybe squeak out W at home against Minnesota/Philly/Carolina)

New York, Washington, Chicago, Detroit. (maybe SanFran after bye/Minnesota late)

But I'd also agree it is early, but we have so much time to kill between training camps, so I'll play.

Green Bay has the OPPOSITE of what the Bears have. They have to travel to all the teams that play great at home. KC/DAL/LA. Plus Bears get NO at home.

D

Deleted member 6794

Green Bay has the OPPOSITE of what the Bears have. They have to travel to all the teams that play great at home. KC/DAL/LA. Plus Bears get NO at home.

It will be tough to play the Chiefs and Rams no matter where. The Packers have won all four games they have played at AT&T Stadium in Dallas though.

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
It will be tough to play the Chiefs and Rams no matter where. The Packers have won all four games they have played at AT&T Stadium in Dallas though.

Yes that depends I think on if we click. I don't think last years team beats dallas. But if our moves work out then i can see us getting the road W

OP
OP
Cheese Headed Monster
Reaction score
Don't know why you see us losing to Carolina at home.

Traditionally we struggle with a mobile QB and fresh RB combo. They usually option us to death. That game could flip depending how much cohesion we have early but otherwise if its similar to last year in any way then I'll take an L. We did lose to AZ at home in December when we were actually supposed to still be trying

D

Deleted member 6794

i agree with your 9-7. might flip a game here and their though. it might be 8-8, or 10-6 if everything goes really well.

It might be smart not to expect the Packers to win more than 10 games but if everything goes really well they could definitely end up winning more than that.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take a crack at it, and I must say my expectations are tempered. If the offense ends up being more consistently better than the garbage we put out on the field the last two years, I will probably flip a few of these picks and give us a better shot at contending for a high playoff spot. But ... Atm I'm just hoping we can crack an 8-8 finish at minimum.

Week 1 - at Chicago - L - I actually would not be shocked if we did win. But my head says we lose. Either way, we're going to have to remember the result of this game could be radically different from the way our season goes whether for better or for worse.

Week 2 - Minny here - W (cautiously) - that W is a bit more based on my wish to settle the score and prove it was us who won this same week 2 game last year and not a raddy tie. Clay is no longer here to get his justice but ... Maybe the much maligned Gary will.

Week 3 - Denver here - W (close) After last year, no game not even this is a gimme. On paper, our team should be better considering Flaccos injuries, an aging Emmanuel Sanders and young receiving corps they got there. But in this league of unpleasant surprises, these guys certainly have the capability to bring them our way. Think this game ends up being closer than we think.

Week 4 - Philly here - W/L tossup - Tough on paper for sure, but this is our short week TNF game that's got too many variables leading into it. Injuries start piling up by this week, and I think the telling factor will be which team is more decimated by them.

Week 5 - at Dallas - L - While the Pack have won the last 3 in a row in Jerry World and Rodgers has not yet lost there as a starter, I'm afraid those streaks are probably coming to an end in this one.

Week 6 - Detroit here - W - Again, this is more a wish fueled by my new found rage at these overrated suckers. But they've been getting everything going their way against us with winning the last 4 in a row. They're well overdue to get their butts handed to them by us, and I think we do just that.

Week 7 - Oakland here - W - Think the last time we lost to these guys was when they were the LA Raiders and I was probably not even born yet. Nonetheless, let's not be playing these guys like we did the Cardinals last year.

Week 8 - at Kansas City - L - I think we might do a little better against the Chiefs than even I'm willing to bet. But just can't bet against Mahomes and Reid in midseason form in Arrowhead.

Week 9 - at LA Chargers - L - Another team we haven't lost to in forever, and despite putting up some big numbers against us Rivers has never beaten us. Unfortunately I'm afraid he will in this last time he probably plays us before retiring.

Week 10 - Carolina here - W - Could be dead wrong and Cam has had good games against us the last couple times he played us. But I just got this feeling Pettine's going to throw some new stuff at him that he's not expecting, and idk ... Certainly the Panthers have done well in the odd number years, but I think they're in trouble in this one.

Week 11 - Bye

Week 12 - at San Francisco - L - Don't know why but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Maybe it's because they almost beat us at home last year with that stinko Bethard behind center, and this year we'll probably be facing Garropolo and a much healthier team in Levi's. Could change, but atm I'm giving this a loss.

Week 13 - at NY Giants - L - Just feels like a tough road two weeks here, and the Meadowlands has brought aggravating games at times for us Packer fans.

Week 14 - Washington here - W (probably) - At this point don't know if they'll be rolling with Alex Smith, or if Case Keenum or rookie Haskins will be in there. These guys have made life difficult at times for us in the past, but think we're going to beat on them this time.

Week 15 - Chicago here - W/L tossup - If our season goes as hoped or we see even better results than we had anticipated, this game will have huge playoff implications, maybe even divisional ramifications, unless somehow the Bears end up worse than expected.

Week 16 - at Minny - L - At some point I think Rodgers will crack USBS just as Favre and Holmgren did the old Metrodome in 1997. But don't think it will happen quite yet.

Week 17 - at Detroit - W/L tossup - At this point we'll have to see whether or not our guys have something to play for in terms of either making or improving their playoff spot, or if they're out of the playoffs perhaps closing out with a win to show they've bought into Matt LaFleur. Otherwise, could just be another long dreary episode 4 of the GB vs DET season finale classic with our guys checking out early.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you guys are giving WAY too much respect to Chicago. Yes they did well last year, but honestly I feel that was due to a perfect storm for them. I don't buy them as legitimate SB threats. We've faced formidable defenses in the past and we overcame them in this division. And in truth we could've easily beaten them in Soldier field, a lot of that I put on Rodgers as to why we lost. Anyways I already expressed my thoughts awhile back but I'll do an update.

Carolina based off what we're seeing either or but for the sake of being optimistic - W
Washington: Alex Smith is not gonna be the same and coming off that injury- W
Philadelphia: Depends on when we face them. Definitely one of the Jekyll and Mr. Hyde teams of the NFL: W/L
Denver: That defense will keep them in that game, and Case Keenum while nothing stellar he's nothing to sneeze at since this is at home I'll give this win: W
Oakland: Until they prove otherwise: W
San Fran: This could be an upset but it'll largely depend on Jimmy G. For now I'll put this as a win: W
Dallas: This team will be out for payback as we've been a thorn in their side. Especially considering we've beaten them the last 2 times we were there. This could go either way, but just for the hell of it: W/L
NYG: This team I hate to admit it is my upset pick. Eli for some reason always plays well against The Packers: L
KC: Yeah...Until this team proves otherwise. This will be a fun game and I think Rodgers will be able to go toe to toe with Mahomes, but again based off what I saw this year: L
SD: Again another game we could win, but as of right now: L

And I will give the division foes: EXCEPT DETROIT, enough respect to split with them. Detroit got a freaking gift of the century. This will not happen again. We sweep there ***** next year! Book it!

Final result: 10-6 worse case: 8-8

My optimism: 13-3 Don't @ me! XD

Chi-I say screw you guys thinking Chicago is going to beat us in Week 1! We go in there, and remind those sorry Bears who truly runs this division! W

Min- Another area in which we need to exorcise some demons there. I think we've lost there more than we've won. And frankly a win against both divisions would put us in good position. - W

Den - I have more respect for Denver than most, as their defense is still one of the best imo. Wish we got Miller, but still. They upgraded at QB with Flacco, and he can throw it up there with the best of them. This game is a toss up, but I think we pull this one off.
W

Philly- This is probably where we'll suffer our first defeat. Again this team is Jekyll and Hyde. It depends who comes to play. I can easily see us winning as I could losing. I'll go ahead and say this is our first defeat. -L

Dal- We are NOT losing to these bumasses! Absolutely NOT! This team along with their QB is overrated as hell! I would love nothing more than a complete asswhooping with Rodgers finishing with a better QBR than Dak. Skip Bayless will be driven mad, and this would only further his hatred for Rodgers. Let's give him another reason to hate us! - W

Det- We owe these guys big time, as Lion fans that I'm talking to actually believe they're better than GB. I would find that cute if it weren't so pathetic. Time to give these kittens a wake up call- W

Oak- This game feels like a trap game. This would be the one week where everything goes well for Oakland and they catch us falling asleep at the wheel. I'll give them the win to serve as a wake up call. -L

KC - This will be a fun game, the reigning MVP vs The Bad Man. I think however Mahomes will fall back to how electric he was last year, and Rodgers shreds up their defense. - W

LA - I'm sorry but after their pitiful performance in the playoffs, I've lost almost all my respect for this team. They could beat us, but I'll believe it when I see it. - W

Car- This COULD go as a potential loss as Carolina has gotten the better of us these past few years, but I say we rectify that, and we really begin to see Carolina truly ponder on moving past Cam. -W

Bye

San Fran - An interesting road game and I could see us losing this one as we let our foot off the gas. I can see us winning as much as I can see us losing. - L

NYG - We are NOT losing back to back road games @PackerfaninCarolina ! We have no excuses not to go in there and kick Eli's ***! -W

Was- They'll probably use Keenum. This guy annoys me, everytime you write him off, he'll go out there and play lights out. He reminds me of Kyle Orton, and I despised that guy because he would suddenly remember how to play football when it was against us. Remember the 2011 season? If this is at home then I see us winning. I probably might go to this game. - L

Chi - If you expect me to come up in here and expect me to give Chicago a win on our turf, think again. I know chances are we may split, but still. If they don't beat us at Soldier Field, they damn well aren't beating us at Lambeau! - W

Min- Read the statement above - W

Det - I am SO SICK of playing these guys every year as our last game of the season! You know these try hards are going to play us tough. It's so annoying how this team suddenly remembers how to play well when it's against us then they go back to playing like garbage with everyone else. Again I see us closing things out with a win, as we prepare for the playoffs. Probably as 2 seed. Maybe 1.-W

Final prediction: 12-4
Worse Case Scenario - 10-6

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel you guys are giving WAY too much respect to Chicago. Yes they did well last year, but honestly I feel that was due to a perfect storm for them. I don't buy them as legitimate SB threats. We've faced formidable defenses in the past and we overcame them in this division. And in truth we could've easily beaten them in Soldier field, a lot of that I put on Rodgers as to why we lost. Anyways I already expressed my thoughts awhile back but I'll do an update.
maybe not but legit north champs? yes.

D

Deleted member 6794

We don't play the Rams, we play the Chargers, though they too will be tough.

True, you're right about the Packers playing the Chargers. They haven't been great at home (10-6) since moving to LA though.

Week 9 - at LA Chargers - L - Another team we haven't lost to in forever, and despite putting up some big numbers against us Rivers has never beaten us. Unfortunately I'm afraid he will in this last time he probably plays us before retiring.

The Packers have actually only lost once in their history to the Chargers in 11 games.

Week 14 - Washington here - W (probably) - At this point don't know if they'll be rolling with Alex Smith, or if Case Keenum or rookie Haskins will be in there.

It's all but guaranteed that Alex Smith won't be able to play this season.

Min- Another area in which we need to exorcise some demons there. I think we've lost there more than we've won. And frankly a win against both divisions would put us in good position. - W

The Packers are 28-29 all-time in Minnesota during the regular season but have yet to win at US Bank Stadium.

LA - I'm sorry but after their pitiful performance in the playoffs, I've lost almost all my respect for this team. They could beat us, but I'll believe it when I see it. - W

You have posted that before but even if the Chargers played a terrible game against the eventual Super Bowl champions Patriots in the playoffs last year they are a pretty good team nonetheless.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Chi-I say screw you guys thinking Chicago is going to beat us in Week 1! We go in there, and remind those sorry Bears who truly runs this division! W

Den - I have more respect for Denver than most, as their defense is still one of the best imo. Wish we got Miller, but still. They upgraded at QB with Flacco, and he can throw it up there with the best of them. This game is a toss up, but I think we pull this one off.
W

Philly- This is probably where we'll suffer our first defeat. Again this team is Jekyll and Hyde. It depends who comes to play. I can easily see us winning as I could losing. I'll go ahead and say this is our first defeat. -L

Dal- We are NOT losing to these bumasses! Absolutely NOT! This team along with their QB is overrated as hell! I would love nothing more than a complete asswhooping with Rodgers finishing with a better QBR than Dak. Skip Bayless will be driven mad, and this would only further his hatred for Rodgers. Let's give him another reason to hate us! - W

Det- We owe these guys big time, as Lion fans that I'm talking to actually believe they're better than GB. I would find that cute if it weren't so pathetic. Time to give these kittens a wake up call- W

Oak- This game feels like a trap game. This would be the one week where everything goes well for Oakland and they catch us falling asleep at the wheel. I'll give them the win to serve as a wake up call. -L

KC - This will be a fun game, the reigning MVP vs The Bad Man. I think however Mahomes will fall back to how electric he was last year, and Rodgers shreds up their defense. - W

Car- This COULD go as a potential loss as Carolina has gotten the better of us these past few years, but I say we rectify that, and we really begin to see Carolina truly ponder on moving past Cam. -W

Bye

San Fran - An interesting road game and I could see us losing this one as we let our foot off the gas. I can see us winning as much as I can see us losing. - L

NYG - We are NOT losing back to back road games @PackerfaninCarolina ! We have no excuses not to go in there and kick Eli's ***! -W

Was- They'll probably use Keenum. This guy annoys me, everytime you write him off, he'll go out there and play lights out. He reminds me of Kyle Orton, and I despised that guy because he would suddenly remember how to play football when it was against us. Remember the 2011 season? If this is at home then I see us winning. I probably might go to this game. - L

Chi - If you expect me to come up in here and expect me to give Chicago a win on our turf, think again. I know chances are we may split, but still. If they don't beat us at Soldier Field, they damn well aren't beating us at Lambeau! - W

Min- Read the statement above - W

Det - I am SO SICK of playing these guys every year as our last game of the season! You know these try hards are going to play us tough. It's so annoying how this team suddenly remembers how to play well when it's against us then they go back to playing like garbage with everyone else. Again I see us closing things out with a win, as we prepare for the playoffs. Probably as 2 seed. Maybe 1.-W

Final prediction: 12-4
Worse Case Scenario - 10-6

Make no mistake, nobody is making the Bears out to be some formidable opponent with an impenetrable suit of armor we can't crack. I even said I wouldn't be shocked at all if we beat them on the road week 1.

I think the reason a lot of us aren't calling it a win is because we're working with a new offensive scheme and seeing some young receivers who are going to have to step and do more this year than they did last. There's just a good chance that we're not going to come firing out the gate.

Thing is, at the end of the day, week 1 can be pretty meaningless. I mean, we saw the Tampa Bay Bucs go on the road and outgun the Saints in the Superdome and then knock off the defending Superbowl champs after and the media had that "FitzMagic" tagline they were saying. But by midseason, they looked like the same old Bucs we all know.

All that to say between both the Bears and Packers, either team's season could flip on a dime easily. I don't think anyone's down on our team, but just tempering expectations for the timebeing until we get an idea of the LaFleur identity.

I think while the offense will hopefully be improved, I do think we still need to add not just depth, but that one weapon who could turn the short passing game into the big play 50 yard kind of gain by making people miss in the open field. Add that and I think Rodgers would feel less trigger happy about always needing to chuck it deep to get the big plays. This year the plan was obviously to invest the draft capital in the defense, and if all goes according to plan, I think 2020 we'll use it to get the final pieces on offense to make the Superbowl happen.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make no mistake, nobody is making the Bears out to be some formidable opponent with an impenetrable suit of armor we can't crack. I even said I wouldn't be shocked at all if we beat them on the road week 1.

I think the reason a lot of us aren't calling it a win is because we're working with a new offensive scheme and seeing some young receivers who are going to have to step and do more this year than they did last. There's just a good chance that we're not going to come firing out the gate.

Thing is, at the end of the day, week 1 can be pretty meaningless. I mean, we saw the Tampa Bay Bucs go on the road and outgun the Saints in the Superdome and then knock off the defending Superbowl champs after and the media had that "FitzMagic" tagline they were saying. But by midseason, they looked like the same old Bucs we all know.

All that to say between both the Bears and Packers, either team's season could flip on a dime easily. I don't think anyone's down on our team, but just tempering expectations for the timebeing until we get an idea of the LaFleur identity.

I think while the offense will hopefully be improved, I do think we still need to add not just depth, but that one weapon who could turn the short passing game into the big play 50 yard kind of gain by making people miss in the open field. Add that and I think Rodgers would feel less trigger happy about always needing to chuck it deep to get the big plays. This year the plan was obviously to invest the draft capital in the defense, and if all goes according to plan, I think 2020 we'll use it to get the final pieces on offense to make the Superbowl happen.
That's fair, but I STILL don't agree that we're losing back to back games, especially against The Giants! XD

Members online

Latest posts