Packers Forum Mock Draft

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The best trade value chart I’ve seen is the one that showed past trades of draft picks. Gives you a real clear view of reality. I cannot remember where I saw it but I used to have a printed copy of it.

Yup, I have seen a variety of the Draft Value Trade charts and I think all they really do is get people to look a bit more realistically at what could be expected to happen in a trade. Sometimes those numbers go out the window, especially in early rounds, but for the most part, they prevent the casual fan from thinking a #33 pick can be had for a #45 and a 7th rounder.

Take all that and throw in the value a team puts on a player. If the Packers have a guy rated as the second best player in the draft and he is still on the board at #12, Gute might burn that value chart in his wastebasket and trade what some might perceive to be too much value to grab that guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

If that first tier is gone and they find a trade partner, that might be the only round I want to see them trade back in. With 12 picks, they definitely don't need more picks and hopefully will use some of them to work their way up the board in each succeeding round.

I highly doubt that none of the Packers top tier players will be available at #14. If there's any danger of that happening I would like Gutekunst to be aggressive and trade up to select one of them though rather than accumulating even more picks by moving back.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I highly doubt that none of the Packers top tier players will be available at #14. If there's any danger of that happening I would like Gutekunst to be aggressive and trade up to select one of them though rather than accumulating even more picks by moving back.
Moving up is a definite possibility and I have seen more talk about it as of late. That is always that tough decision before the draft, how far up do you need to get to get your guy and will that guy still be there when you are on the clock? I think getting into the top 10 is going to cost them at least their 2nd rounder and more if they want to go way up. That could be too steep of a price.

I would imagine Gute has a few guys in mind that he would be willing to trade up for and will have some pre draft conversations with teams to see what it would cost to trade up. My gut tells me, you wait until you see how the board is falling, also know the needs of those 5-7 teams ahead of you to try and predict who they want as well as how open they now might be to trading back.

D

Deleted member 6794

Moving up is a definite possibility and I have seen more talk about it as of late. That is always that tough decision before the draft, how far up do you need to get to get your guy and will that guy still be there when you are on the clock? I think getting into the top 10 is going to cost them at least their 2nd rounder and more if they want to go way up. That could be too steep of a price.

It's impossible to predict before the draft who will still be on the board once the Packers are on the clock. If there's only one top tier player left before the team's pick I would definitely like Gutekunst to try to trade up for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's impossible to predict before the draft who will still be on the board once the Packers are on the clock. If there's only one top tier player left before the team's pick I would definitely like Gutekunst to try to trade up for him.

Listening to his live press conference right now.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcasts.html

He talked about the trading picks scenario and it sounds like they have all sorts of scenarios with players and other teams worked out ahead of time, so as the picks come off, proposals are revisited. He said something to the effect that its rare that when you are on the clock, your phone rings and you have a proposal you weren't already familiar with.

When asked about drafting a pass rusher or a CB, what is more important.

"Bigger guys are a lot harder to find than the smaller guys" ......is this an indication as to where the Pick is going?

I think you can hear it replayed here, if you missed it.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/988462860023029761

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Listening to his live press conference right now.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/live-webcasts.html

He talked about the trading picks scenario and it sounds like they have all sorts of scenarios with players and other teams worked out ahead of time, so as the picks come off, proposals are revisited. He said something to the effect that its rare that when you are on the clock, your phone rings and you have a proposal you weren't already familiar with.

When asked about drafting a pass rusher or a CB, what is more important.

"Bigger guys are a lot harder to find than the smaller guys" ......is this an indication as to where the Pick is going?

I think you can hear it replayed here, if you missed it.

https://twitter.com/packers/status/988462860023029761

Yes, this is the answer to the "how can they work out a trade in the short time they have on the clock" question. They have all kinds of agreements in principle figured out ahead of time.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, this is the answer to the "how can they work out a trade in the short time they have on the clock" question. They have all kinds of agreements in principle figured out ahead of time.

Lots of information from this Presser....almost needs it's own thread! :) Way more than I ever heard TT say. LOL

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Steelers select:

Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Minnesota Visqueens select Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why do you want them to be good?
The Queenies need another CB and the more I looked at Meeks (for the Packers) the more I liked about him. Probably a reach in the second Rd. but I would be fine if the Packers got him in the 3rd. After a few of his interceptions, he showed a great ability to run with the ball, possible punt returner.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With the final pick of the second Round, The Cleveland Browns select Jessie Bates - S, Wake Forest

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
@GreenBaySlacker is up to kick of round 3.

Should we try to get round 3 done before Thursday and call her good?

I was eyeing the calendar and gauging how much time it took to get 2 rounds in. I like your idea or.....just have each team list their round 4-7 picks after the 3rd round is done. There will be duplicate picks, but it's not like this counts or anything, right?

People should just try to keep those picks in line with the real draft, meaning all your picks shouldn't be guys that are graded as 3rd round picks.

Maybe when you award your first place price of the all expense 2 week trip with Erin Andrews, give extra bonus points for the rounds actually matching the pick.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Wow. Now that's a fan who is into it!
I love the draft, its kind of a hobby...I will watch every pick, I have a spreadsheet tracking players taken at each position, picks by rd., and all 32 teams picks. I guess I'm a little crazy, but it makes the draft not so boring in between picks. I think this is my 5th yr. tracking it with my spreadsheet.

Members online

Latest posts