Saints look scary good

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think they are the team to beat in NFC. They are killing the Giants in the big easy

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints can just flat out score. Brees is playing out of his mind too.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just demolished the great team of the NY Giants... Scary. Playoffs are a whole different animal, but right now they're the best team in the NFL.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They just demolished the great team of the NY Giants... Scary. Playoffs are a whole different animal, but right now they're the best team in the NFL.
I would say. Looks like the road to the super bowl will head through New Orleans. Good for them! If any of my idiot friends talk about Superbowl I will be all over them. Brees will just kill the vikings no matter where they play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say. Looks like the road to the super bowl will head through New Orleans. Good for them! If any of my idiot friends talk about Superbowl I will be all over them. Brees will just kill the vikings no matter where they play.
That's what scares me about them. Brees is hard to stop as it is, but now, if you indeed stop him, like the Jets did, you still have to stop their RBs, and overcome their stingy defense.

I do not think they are as good as they are playing, but every year there's a team that just play lights out. They're just having a great year, and that will be hard. I see them as this year's version of last year's Tennessee. We all knew they didn't have a passing game, but they were just playing great. I'm not saying that NO will fail when it comes the playoffs, though. But they're not that talentet at the passing game and their D isn't as good as they're playing, but nonetheless right now they are. You get what I meant.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Saints are freakishly good. They demolished the #1 D in the NFL. I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints win it all this year (after the Packers, but that isn't likely).

As for the Pats, it's F'ing impressive that 54 of those points came in the 1st HALF! If they had left the starters in they would have had the record for biggest shutout margin of victory.

I think the Titans are a broken team. They have completely given up as far as this season is concerned. Playing for pride sucks, but it is better than being the Lions, Chiefs or Raiders.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did I not tell you the Vikings were too "soft" in the secondary??? Even with Winfield, they've been sitting on leads and making Favre work too much magic.

The relieving aspect is that the Vikings offense is pretty darned solid, do it'll take a masterful defensive gameplan for them not to at least be in all the remaining games.

The Aints are for real, I guess. Lots of game left, but the only way I could see them getting knocked off is if they had to play outdoors at New York or Philly or Green Bay in the playoffs, but if they keep winning, they won't have to worry about that. Their remaining schedule looks very soft. I'd like to see Minnesota finish strong, make the playoffs and then focus on Favre returning and infusing some much-needed talent in that secondary.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There were positves from that game. They were able to battle a late surge and still win. Good teams do that. They controlled the game until the 4th and then it fell apart. But they still did win and they are getting better each week. It's not like they have to make huge improvements, they just have to get a little better in the pass d and they can paly with any team. If they can beat the Steelers, I think you can say that they are not too far off from being the best team.

The Saints looked good, but the Giants failed their first true test. We will see just how good NY is in the comming weeks. But I agree for now that NO is the team to beat. But there is a lot of season to go.....

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
This guy took the words right out of my mouth.

Sorry, Favre-Haters, Vikings Best in NFC -- NFL FanHouse

That was an interesting read ... and I have to admit I agree with alot of it ...

6 games into the season and old "Greybeard" (or Silver Fox) is still proving everyone wrong ...

I really doubt the Vikings will make a "repeat" performance of that defensive "melt-down" in future games and no matter how you put it ... Ravens are still a very strong (and good) team ...

I wonder what the critics will say when (or if) the Vikings beat the Steelers in Pittsburg ... - Yes I really do believe that the Vikings will win that one as well ... While the defense of the Vikings haven't looked stellar in any games (in the fourth quarter) - still, the Vikings are 6-0 and that won't change despite what anyone says ... And some way I don't think the Vikings will lose sleep that most still have the as "underdogs" (might be one reason they are 6-0 actually, because teams still don't seem to be able to contain both run and the pass (simultanously) in any of those games so far ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was an interesting read ... and I have to admit I agree with alot of it ...

6 games into the season and old "Greybeard" (or Silver Fox) is still proving everyone wrong ...

I really doubt the Vikings will make a "repeat" performance of that defensive "melt-down" in future games and no matter how you put it ... Ravens are still a very strong (and good) team ...

I wonder what the critics will say when (or if) the Vikings beat the Steelers in Pittsburg ... - Yes I really do believe that the Vikings will win that one as well ... While the defense of the Vikings haven't looked stellar in any games (in the fourth quarter) - still, the Vikings are 6-0 and that won't change despite what anyone says ... And some way I don't think the Vikings will lose sleep that most still have the as "underdogs" (might be one reason they are 6-0 actually, because teams still don't seem to be able to contain both run and the pass (simultanously) in any of those games so far ...
The thing is, he played like this early last season. He played like this 2007. Will he able to mantain his form, with his age, and with the ammount of minicamps, OTAs and practices he missed? He didn't last year, due to an injury.

I predicted they would lose the 3 games. They one one on a missed FG. Let's see how they fare against the Steelers with Polamalu back and against us at Lambeau.

I think even if they lose those both, it's still gonna take some upsets from us to win the division. Though they play the Giants and Carolina, while we take the Cowboys and Tampa Bay...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
The thing is, he played like this early last season. He played like this 2007. Will he able to mantain his form, with his age, and with the ammount of minicamps, OTAs and practices he missed? He didn't last year, due to an injury.
(...)

In NY old "Greybeard" once again had to "shoulder" almost the entire team ... and I'm actually confident that had he not gotten injured the Jets would NOT have missed the play-offs ...

Anyways ... huge difference on the Vikings, because that team is able to "preserve" him alot better than both the Jets (last season) as well as the 2007 Packers were able to ... - Remember in 2007 the Packers had ZERO running game for more than the first half of the season and the Packers were still rather dominant offensively ...

(...) I predicted they would lose the 3 games. They one one on a missed FG. Let's see how they fare against the Steelers with Polamalu back and against us at Lambeau.
(...)

"The Flyin' Hawaiian" isn't "flying" yet ... - And the Steelers didn't exactly pound the Browns ... - So I actually think the Vikings will be able to take on the Steelers head on ... as I seriously doubt the Vikings defense will do a repeat performance like the one they allowed the Ravens to do in the 4th quarter ... all though missing both Winfield and Sapp didn't exactly help ...

(...)I think even if they lose those both, it's still gonna take some upsets from us to win the division. Though they play the Giants and Carolina, while we take the Cowboys and Tampa Bay... (...)

At this point, the Vikings can win any game they still have on the schedule as well as lose ...

Despite what the analysts are writing ... I'm not crowning anyone yet ... and certainly not the Saints ... As for the Giants ... well I actually think the Giants will fare better once we are getting closer to the end of the season ... - Saints are looking alot like the Titans did in 2007 and look what happened there ?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
I agree. As much as I hate the Vikings, I think their win over us and the Ravens kinda put a sock in our mouths... not because they are better, but because they have the better record. Regardless of luck, skill, or easy/hard schedules, a 3 game difference is pretty hard to overcome.

But still possible :D GO PACK!

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4 is what I predict possibly 13-3. they haven't played 4 qtrs of solid Football yet. Favre and Rice may put each other in the pro-Bowl this year and if they can put it all together I doub't anybody would want to play them. Good teams find a way to win! Bring on the Steelers as they have not been dominate this year at all IMO

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I agree. As much as I hate the Vikings, I think their win over us and the Ravens kinda put a sock in our mouths... not because they are better, but because they have the better record. Regardless of luck, skill, or easy/hard schedules, a 3 game difference is pretty hard to overcome.

But still possible :D GO PACK!

Granted - anything is possible ... - but rather unlikely ...

And I would disagree with you when you say that the Vikings are not better than the Packers ... Because by all accounts they are ...

Even though the Vikings have had a few "melt-downs" in the fouth quarter on the defense, fact remains, Vikings still won ... and averaging 27+ points on offense pr. game should tell you that ...

Another "must and should win" game is coming up for the Packers - the Browns and the Vikings go to Heinz Field in Pittsburg ... - If the Vikings win there they are sitting extremely close to winning the NFC North I think ... And even with "The Flyin' Hawaiian" back ... it doesn't seem like he has started "flyin'" just yet ...

And with Clifton re-injured ... alot of adjustments are needed - once again for the Packers ...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Agreed, but I wouldn't still won't say the vikings are better. They definitely played better when we met at the Dome, and because of that I won't say the Packers are better. All in All, we gotta let the season play out. And I'd take the Browns over the Steelers ANYDAY

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's happening now is entertaining and intriguing but it's really not until around the 10th week on that you can really start to see who looks like Super Bowl contenders and who doesn't.

In the last two years who saw the Giants, Steelers or Cardinals as Super Bowl teams in Week 6? At this point it was New England, Dallas, Tennessee, even the Jets that were wowing people in the last couple of seasons.

None of them made it, let alone won, the Super Bowl when the year was all said and done.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy took the words right out of my mouth.

Sorry, Favre-Haters, Vikings Best in NFC -- NFL FanHouse

The problem with writers like this guy is that they're never ultimately accurate in their prognostications because they're always a year behind the curve.

The Vikings' defensive line is nowhere near as dominant as they were, at least in the run-stopping department. Their pass rush can be neutralized effectively, as Baltimore proved repeatedly last Sunday. The pass defense is abysmal. It may be their blitzing too much, or they lack talent or the DC is an idiot - not sure yet.

The offense, however, is very respectable, accept a surprisingly weak running game. Take away AP's one big run each game and you've got a very bad YPC average. It could be AP not being patient. It could be AP not bouncing it outside often enough. Or, it could be (2) new O-lineman that have a lot of homework to do.

So, the only reason I can think of at this point to claim Minnesota the #1 team in the NFC is that they are a game better than New Orleans. New Orleans can be beaten, but it is going to be done EXACTLY with the blueprint that the Giants used to strangle New England - a FEROCIOUS pass rush (not a ferocious pass rush against teams with weak O-lines) and slow, plodding drives on offense that take 8 to 10 minutes off the clock and result in touchdowns - not field goals.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Also lets remember the Bills were 5-1 last season at this point :X

Members online

Latest posts