1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Run to the Right!!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by bubblercheez37, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Does everyone remember how good our offense was doing by running to the right at the beginning of the year? More specifically, running toward Sitton and Bulaga. Now that both are back on the field and have had two weeks to practice together, I hope we see them run that way again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to see Starks have a big day.

3. bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah me too. I think he might be a monster on Sunday if we can get him going early. The ankle and Knee should be well rested. The only hitch is that he might be rusty

4. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    I agree SanDiegoCheese but IMO a better example of the importance of a running threat is the 50 yard TD to Nelson vs. the Broncos at Lambeau in week 4. On the video below the play occurs at the 17 second mark. I believe the Packers have run this play in almost every game – Nelson caught a TD from Flynn on it vs. the Lions. The play begins with Rodgers faking a handoff to the RB to the offense’s left and he retreats back about 10 yards from the LOS, with Kuhn rolling right with him for protection. He ends up being able to step into the throw so much he releases the ball about 7 yards behind the LOS. Only two receivers are sent into the pass pattern. The play action and deep set by Rodgers allows the receivers time to run a very long pattern. On the play against the Broncos, Nelson has time to make three moves; toward the post, flag, and then back to the post. It’s just too much time for the CB to cover and on this play the safety is caught flat-footed as Nelson is running full speed past him. Rodgers’ incredible deep accuracy finishes the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mandp0F9rLk

If someone can find the replay of that play shown on TV during the game, please post it on this thread. They really broke down the route – you almost feel sorry for the DBs. Almost. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185

Ah, I see. Great play, no doubt. Just goes to show you what this O can do with a decent running attack. UNSTOPPABLE!!! :D

7. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
  8. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,858
    We have the best QB and receivers in the NFL.
    Giants don't.
    Packers will win.

9. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Josh Sitton has been one of the best run blocking guards in the game these last few season. Now that he's healthy and our entire O-line is healthy and Starks back, if we can get the run going even just a little bit, it's going to pay dividends in this game.