Run to the Right!!!

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does everyone remember how good our offense was doing by running to the right at the beginning of the year? More specifically, running toward Sitton and Bulaga. Now that both are back on the field and have had two weeks to practice together, I hope we see them run that way again.

OP
OP
bubblercheez37

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Starks have a big day.
Yeah me too. I think he might be a monster on Sunday if we can get him going early. The ankle and Knee should be well rested. The only hitch is that he might be rusty

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree SanDiegoCheese but IMO a better example of the importance of a running threat is the 50 yard TD to Nelson vs. the Broncos at Lambeau in week 4. On the video below the play occurs at the 17 second mark. I believe the Packers have run this play in almost every game – Nelson caught a TD from Flynn on it vs. the Lions. The play begins with Rodgers faking a handoff to the RB to the offense’s left and he retreats back about 10 yards from the LOS, with Kuhn rolling right with him for protection. He ends up being able to step into the throw so much he releases the ball about 7 yards behind the LOS. Only two receivers are sent into the pass pattern. The play action and deep set by Rodgers allows the receivers time to run a very long pattern. On the play against the Broncos, Nelson has time to make three moves; toward the post, flag, and then back to the post. It’s just too much time for the CB to cover and on this play the safety is caught flat-footed as Nelson is running full speed past him. Rodgers’ incredible deep accuracy finishes the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mandp0F9rLk

If someone can find the replay of that play shown on TV during the game, please post it on this thread. They really broke down the route – you almost feel sorry for the DBs. Almost. :D

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree SanDiegoCheese but IMO a better example of the importance of a running threat is the 50 yard TD to Nelson vs. the Broncos at Lambeau in week 4. On the video below the play occurs at the 17 second mark. I believe the Packers have run this play in almost every game – Nelson caught a TD from Flynn on it vs. the Lions. The play begins with Rodgers faking a handoff to the RB to the offense’s left and he retreats back about 10 yards from the LOS, with Kuhn rolling right with him for protection. He ends up being able to step into the throw so much he releases the ball about 7 yards behind the LOS. Only two receivers are sent into the pass pattern. The play action and deep set by Rodgers allows the receivers time to run a very long pattern. On the play against the Broncos, Nelson has time to make three moves; toward the post, flag, and then back to the post. It’s just too much time for the CB to cover and on this play the safety is caught flat-footed as Nelson is running full speed past him. Rodgers’ incredible deep accuracy finishes the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mandp0F9rLk

If someone can find the replay of that play shown on TV during the game, please post it on this thread. They really broke down the route – you almost feel sorry for the DBs. Almost. :D

Ah, I see. Great play, no doubt. Just goes to show you what this O can do with a decent running attack. UNSTOPPABLE!!! :D

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Josh Sitton has been one of the best run blocking guards in the game these last few season. Now that he's healthy and our entire O-line is healthy and Starks back, if we can get the run going even just a little bit, it's going to pay dividends in this game.

Members online