Ron Zook Has Got To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams is a disgrace out there. Fumbles on punt returns, OLmen getting hurt returning kicks.

RIDICULOUS!!

What is this stupid disgrace hack of a fired college football coach doing here in Title Town?

Attention Ron Zook .... ****!!!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams is a disgrace out there. Fumbles on punt returns, OLmen getting hurt returning kicks.

RIDICULOUS!!

What is this stupid disgrace hack of a fired college football coach doing here in Title Town?

i’m no fan of Zook... but are you really blaming Zook for Willams’ fumble?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s on Williams 100%. But I’m not caring if we have a new special teams coach either

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't Slocum's fault Bostick screwed the onside kick up either, but it didn't change the fact that he was a lousy STC.

Zook is lousy too, and just as bad as Slocum.

Don't anyone preach at me what our special teams are ranked. I know when units are getting poorly coached when I see it, and Ron Zook has been awful coaching everywhere.

He has to go whether we win this game or not.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did he not anticipate the fake punt is my question

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they allow another 1st down on a fake punt. 2nd time this season that's happened.

I think we'll win today despite Zook's blunders, but he still should get fired before another Seattle debacle happens.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if it's a short week, I'd still kick Zook to the curb now and not allow him on the plane to Seattle. No doubt he got forced to call that fake punt cuz he feared he'd get fired at the end of the season.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why would you show your hand, when up by 16... do a fake punt. dont you save that play in a tight game in the 4th quarter...i cant figure special teams out at all. its like showing your special play design on a 2 point conversion while up by 16.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe they often have fakes called depending on what they show for a punt coverage? this time it opened up? I don't know, odd time to call it, but I suppose when you've given up 1 and had another blocked you try and save your job?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

RIDICULOUS!!

All I can say is it's a damn good thing YOU are not in charge at 1265. The ABSOLUTE most important aspect of special teams is COVERAGE. And our coverage teams have been very good since he has been here. Coaches aren't at fault when players fumble. This is FOOTBALL. Williams got sandwiched and that's just part of football. If he's such a "stupid disgrace" why is he there and not YOU?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't Slocum's fault Bostick screwed the onside kick up either, but it didn't change the fact that he was a lousy STC.

Zook is lousy too, and just as bad as Slocum.

Don't anyone preach at me what our special teams are ranked. I know when units are getting poorly coached when I see it, and Ron Zook has been awful coaching everywhere.

He has to go whether we win this game or not.
So let me make sure I understand you correctly. You don't care what actual evidence suggests. You know better than everyone else and Zook is just as bad as Slocum because you have declared it to be true. You don't need logical arguments because you just "know it when you see it" and if anyone dares to see it otherwise, they're idiots too.

Does that about sum it up?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zook gets no pass ... Period! Guy has a terrible coaching resume and has no discipline exhibited by his units at all.

Fire Him!!!

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score

RIDICULOUS!!

AMEN,
I made this same post about six weeks ago. Special teams is killing this team fumbles, penalties, and poor decision making, a poster below said are you blaming Zook for the fumble. No I"m not but at the end of the day he is the leader of the special teams unit. This unit is a flat out disaster. MM could never get this unit stabilized.

Oh trust me before the end of the year this unit will cost this team another win.

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no doubt the special teams have struggled this season. Football Outsiders (25th) and PFF (28th) support that claim.

While I don't understand the overreaction by some posters it might be time to move on from Zook after this season.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
had the individual gaffs not happened special teams wouldn't look so bad. i think it's got more to do with who he's got to work with. young inexperienced players. no doubt they could do better. Scott's been flirting with getting a punt blocked all season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
had the individual gaffs not happened special teams wouldn't look so bad. i think it's got more to do with who he's got to work with. young inexperienced players. no doubt they could do better. Scott's been flirting with getting a punt blocked all season.
I like the kid, but you're right. I keep thinking for a guy that is supposed to have such a short walk up to the kick, just a step and let 'er rip, he sure seems to take a long time before it actually rips :)

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and McCarthy need to go.. This offense has been stagnant for far too long.. A young mind for the rest of Rodgers to survive is key.

D

Deleted member 6794

had the individual gaffs not happened special teams wouldn't look so bad. i think it's got more to do with who he's got to work with.

At some point a position coach has to be held accountable for too many individual mistakes as well. The Dolphins being able to kick to an offensive lineman is on Zook though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt the special teams have struggled this season. Football Outsiders (25th) and PFF (28th) support that claim.

While I don't understand the overreaction by some posters it might be time to move on from Zook after this season.

Do it now. Miami was an injured and not strong enough team to take advantage of special teams blunders. Someone else will though, so I say even now right before we go to Seattle Zook should get tossed overboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts