Ron Zook Has Got To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

Do it now. Miami was an injured and not strong enough team to take advantage of special teams blunders. Someone else will though, so I say even now right before we go to Seattle Zook should get tossed overboard.

I don't expect special teams play to significantly improve by hiring a new coach during the season.

Conan Troutman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why would you show your hand, when up by 16... do a fake punt. dont you save that play in a tight game in the 4th quarter...i cant figure special teams out at all. its like showing your special play design on a 2 point conversion while up by 16.

I guess they just wanted to give other teams some look they have to prepare for now.

Regardless, Zook ain't no good and he needs to go after this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess they just wanted to give other teams some look they have to prepare for now.

It might have been smarter to not put that play on tape until the Packers truly needed a spark from their special teams.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attention Mark Murphy!!!

Kick this stupid Ron Zook **** out of here NOW!!! Why wasn't he gone when MM out the door?

Man this special teams is the worst unit in Packer history worse than any of that trash Slocum put out there.

**** of here Zook!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Attention Mark Murphy!!!

Kick this stupid Ron Zook **** out of here NOW!!! Why wasn't he gone when MM out the door?

Man this special teams is the worst unit in Packer history worse than any of that trash Slocum put out there.

**** of here Zook!
do you know how to just relax? Seriously. Look ma, I typed **** on the interent LOL

anyway, in case you missed it, the head coach was let go 2 weeks ago. It's a pretty safe bet that they're all going to be replaced next year. But by all means, make another emotional rant about it :)

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it can't happen soon enough. The water boy can coach these ST better than that ****ing diseased coach.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a new one today....holding on the punt....not on the punt return that was fair caught, not on the punt return that went OB but on the punt that your actual team kicked. Zook is a ra-ra college clown that has had one of THE WORST special teams units I can remember. I'm glad that your players like you but as a coach you suck because you demand and get nothing out of them........just like the college teams you coached.

Reaction score
Our ST is a cluster. Zook has had plenty of time to get this fixed and I’m pretty sure at this juncture he doesn’t know how to fix all the lack of Discipline..which falls directly on the coach that’s not a lack of talent or personnel issue. That’s complete ignorance at worst and poor coaching at best.
Either the players don’t respect him and are just completely ignoring him OR he has no clue there’s a problem or both.
He’s probably a nice guy.. unfortunately Being a nice guy does nothing to alleviate the constant ST mistakes and if anything he is perpetuating them by being too nice
I’d rather have a mean ST coach if this is what being nice gets us :eek:

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure he ain't nothing but a street bum disguised in a coach's outfit.

I really don't like taking shots at MM unlike most posters, but his legacy is greatly stained by hiring some awful special teams coaches maybe even more so than retaining Capers. I kept saying Zook was going to be worse than Slocum and I definitely got proven right there

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, even with the win today I still want him fired now. He was single-handedly responsible for allowing the game to go to OT, and if we had lost, it would have been 100℅ his fault. Thank god we received that OT kickoff on a touchback is all I can say.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going, he's going. We all know he sucks. Just quit worrying your pretty little head about it. It's the Holidays, be happy :)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If Pack lost should have left him on the Tarmac with his severance pay.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll tell ya, even with the win today I still want him fired now. He was single-handedly responsible for allowing the game to go to OT, and if we had lost, it would have been 100℅ his fault. Thank god we received that OT kickoff on a touchback is all I can say.
What if, he tells players to do the right thing, but players just flub.?

Like bostick did vs Seattle?

D

Deleted member 6794

There's no way the Packers hold on to Zook. No reason to insult him though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way the Packers hold on to Zook. No reason to insult him though.

Why not? I really do look back on McCarthy's legacy and see a lot of success and good times, but he did a very poor job of hiring special teams coaches. First it was Slocum, but Zook has been way worse. Packer fans have every right to be pissed that he got hired with no credentials or track record of success at coaching period.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? I really do look back on McCarthy's legacy and see a lot of success and good times, but he did a very poor job of hiring special teams coaches. First it was Slocum, but Zook has been way worse. Packer fans have every right to be pissed that he got hired with no credentials or track record of success at coaching period.

People aren't posting their frustration enough on here with Zook, myself including. I have never seen a worse coach/coordinator in my 22 years of watching this franchise. If that's a personal attack so be it. He stinks at his job.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Zook is a joke. How he has managed to even keep a job this long is beyond me. That was McCarthys biggest flaw, he was too loyal to underperforming coaches and players.
I hope Zook keeping his job is just an indication of them being out of contention, but the way special teams have performed. They need to be riding the short bus

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Once in awhile I have wondered if Zooks failures were a result of having to work with the young, undeveloped guys that TT was consistently feeding him. Guys that because they were star players in college, didn't have a lot of Special teams experience. This year Gute seemed to provide him with a lot more experienced players and Zook still failed. I have been on the "Fire Zook" train for a long time, just due to all the mistakes and lack of creativity and production from his units, but after this season, there is no doubt in my mind that his time will finally be over in Green Bay, a few years too late.

Also, I don't buy into "it was a tough job due to all the injuries and new guys coming in and out". That may be true, but it is pretty much a given and something almost every team and ST coach has to deal with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get me wrong, Zook should definitely be replaced this offseason. There's no reason to attack him personally though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts