Rodgers wins 2nd Carrier MVP!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Obviously we'd rather be in the SB tomorrow yadda yadda...But I'm still psyched to have the Best player in the NFL on our team in his prime. Now on a side note...I watched the NFL Honors mainly cause I was bored out of my mind...and everytime they talked about Aaron and they showed him on the screen Olivia Munn was looking at him with googly eyes..he is one lucky man.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Aaron. Maybe next time you're in the NFC Championship Game, you'll play like an MVP. Third time's the charm, I hope.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like kissin yer sister. We're jumping around over honorary awards while other teams are playing for Championships. I could give a rats *** who EVER wins an MVP award. 32 sports writers opinions? Who cares??

D

Deleted member 6794

Congrats to Aaron. While it doean't take away the pain of not playing in the Super Bowl it's great to have the best QB in the league on our team.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I watched the NFL Honors mainly cause I was bored out of my mind...and everytime they talked about Aaron and they showed him on the screen Olivia Munn was looking at him with googly eyes..he is one lucky man.

She's lucky too. :p

Atesh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He deserved it more than anybody. Now it is time to win 2nd Super Bowl MVP ;)

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
I applaud Rodgers for another MVP but a QB that didn't have a sniff at the Honor is in the SB. Rodgers did say at the beginning of the year he would give up all MVP titles for another SB.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with the commentary in general. Not to denigrate the award or Rodgers , but 'meh'. I'd rather celebrate a world title.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Pretty sure we all feel the same, rather trade the MVP for a Super bowl title. Yet how would it feel if we got the Super Bowl and lost, thats a possibility too. And to be honest, if the Packers aren't sulking next year I would deem them as very dangerous. That and we would all be feeling really annoyed with all the talk about Rodger's calf like everyone else is about Lynch being a clown. Good job Rodgers.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the bashing of the award and it's recipient. I am not necessarily speaking directly to the folks here at PF but man there was a lot of AR bashing going on when I was perusing JSOnline. Yes, it sucks that we didn't get to play for the title yesterday but does that make the award meaningless or somehow undeserved? To me that is like chastising your child because while she got straight A's at Yale she didn't get valedictorian. Aaron was playing gimpy during the most important games of the season and I honestly think if he had been closer to 100% we would all be in full celebration mode right now opposed to questioning the validity of his winning the award and it's importance to him as a player. He has stated how he would trade MVP's for Lombardi's and what fool wouldn't but the fact that he DID win the MVP makes this Packer fan proud. Some of you have this doomsday mentality and I just can't wrap my head around it. One and only one team gets to hold the trophy come seasons end and while we weren't the team this year I fully expect us to be right in the thick of things next year and see no reason why it can't be us standing tall when all is said and done after SB 50. Like I have said numerous times if we win the whole enchilada next year that will make 2 titles in 6 years which is pretty damn stout. I wonder if you McCarthy haters would eat your well deserved plate of crow or stick with the "we won in spite of him" narrative. Kudos to 12 on another great career achievement and I for one sleep well at night knowing both he and coach will do everything in their power to get us back to the top of the mountain.

GO Pack GO!!!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats Aaron. I know that you've been reading this forum....

Congrats to the Packers and its fans as well. It's pretty to have two QBs in a row that have earned multiple MVP awards. That is rare air we are breathing for sure. Enjoy it

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the bashing of the award and it's recipient. I am not necessarily speaking directly to the folks here at PF but man there was a lot of AR bashing going on when I was perusing JSOnline. Yes, it sucks that we didn't get to play for the title yesterday but does that make the award meaningless or somehow undeserved? To me that is like chastising your child because while she got straight A's at Yale she didn't get valedictorian. Aaron was playing gimpy during the most important games of the season and I honestly think if he had been closer to 100% we would all be in full celebration mode right now opposed to questioning the validity of his winning the award and it's importance to him as a player. He has stated how he would trade MVP's for Lombardi's and what fool wouldn't but the fact that he DID win the MVP makes this Packer fan proud. Some of you have this doomsday mentality and I just can't wrap my head around it. One and only one team gets to hold the trophy come seasons end and while we weren't the team this year I fully expect us to be right in the thick of things next year and see no reason why it can't be us standing tall when all is said and done after SB 50. Like I have said numerous times if we win the whole enchilada next year that will make 2 titles in 6 years which is pretty damn stout. I wonder if you McCarthy haters would eat your well deserved plate of crow or stick with the "we won in spite of him" narrative. Kudos to 12 on another great career achievement and I for one sleep well at night knowing both he and coach will do everything in their power to get us back to the top of the mountain.

GO Pack GO!!!

Because the MVP award isn't the super bowl trophy. I think people don't want another Peyton Manning, all the great stats but can't get it done when it matters most. Yes Aaron has won a super bowl, but hasn't come close to another until this year(and they blew it big time, players and coaching) and has not looked good in the last few playoff games even without a torn calf muscle.

Aaron has all the talent to win another super bowl but people just don't want another 1 and never win another type QB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because the MVP award isn't the super bowl trophy. I think people don't want another Peyton Manning, all the great stats but can't get it done when it matters most. Yes Aaron has won a super bowl, but hasn't come close to another until this year(and they blew it big time, players and coaching) and has not looked good in the last few playoff games even without a torn calf muscle.

Aaron has all the talent to win another super bowl but people just don't want another 1 and never win another type QB.

And these people think Aaron winning or not winning the MVP affects the way he plays in the playoffs. Or is it that he plays his *** off during the regular season to win the MVP but since the voting is done before the playoffs start he just coasts for the playoffs because he has already done all he can to win the MVP

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So it was his fault we wet the bed on the onsides kick and allowed a fluke ST TD that I myself was screaming at the TV, "watch the fake, watch the fake!" Dude was severely hobbled and while he didn't play his best game he more than gave us a chance to win and if we had win I think we'd be talking about his second Lombardi instead of this nonsense. I guess my point is we should celebrate the award he earned for exactly what it is. A fantastic award given to the best player in the league. This award doesn't make up for a lack of a ring in any way but some people are degrading it and more over Aaron and I find that ridiculous. Maybe we should scrap him and find a more clutch QB? Yeah, let's get him out of town so some other team can worry about him choking in the big games. I think some in our fan base have become spoiled over the awesome 20 year or so run we have been on. Sit back, enjoy watching one of the greats do his thing and realize that most any other team would die to have our choking QB. I believe in him and I wish a few more of you did as well. I am sure this will ruffle some feathers but I am in sales so my skin is made of scales. Fire at will folks, fire at will...

G P G!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts