Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay used to address this by having the best halfback screen game in the league. What happened to that?
Umm that was kind of a long time ago, aka the Mike Sherman years. McCarthy's offense, though it had that play was never based in it, and I would argue it wasn't the strength of RBs like Ryan Grant or the guys who succeeded him. I think LaFleur has sorta brought it back for Aaron Jones, but still not quite the same way it was done back from like 2001-2004.

Reaction score
We COULD stake him out over a fire ant nest until he tells us what the **** he`s playing at, and tells us what he`s actually doing. Just saying. I`m working on my anger issues.
We won’t have to be angry much longer, on July 27-28 or thereabouts he has to poop or get off the pot. It not only costs him 50,000 in mandatory league fines daily, but it will severely alienate him from the plans going forward on an expeditious downward curve (if he doesn’t show up with bells on his feet and smiling and acting fully committed).

As much as the organization wants him back, him not showing for training camp might very well end his career in Green Bay altogether and trust me here, there won’t be anything he or his agent can do about it. I think our FO is hopeful, but fully committed to switch gears on a dime and don’t be surprised if they already have a particular date set on that threshold. If he chooses to knowingly or unknowingly exceed that date, imo, it won’t be a do over past maybe playing for free.

I’m not saying I necessarily want him to be stubborn, but it’ll be 100% Rodgers choice and it’s now just days… not months or weeks.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It implies to me, that David likely believes Rodgers is going to play, as I'm quite sure him and his pops have broached the subject whilst chugging beers
Yet, he has passed up chance after chance to "fix this" and continues to leave everyone wondering. Which you know, is fine for us fans, since it doesn't really directly effect us. Can't say the same about the players, coaches and the Packer organization that have been forced to not just deal with the drama, but plan for all the contingencies of its outcome.

Even if he does come back and "fixes things" this will really tarnish his legacy with not just fans, the media and teammates, but I think those friends too.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard a paraphrase on radio...but something like him (Rodgers) and David are the greatest of friends and he's not gonna pass up a chance to go win it with his friends...
Even without taking the friends into account, this is an opportunity for him to win a Super Bowl. The Packers this year should be one of the top contenders (although I have to think last year was our best shot). Is he going to pass that up and sit out the season without even knowing where he might get shipped off to next year? Does he want another ring or not?

Of course, maybe last year's disappointment convinced him he just can't win it in GB anymore, who knows?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's going to show up. He knows the Packers aren't going to trade him in 2021 and he didn't take the COVID opt out to save some cash if he never intended to play for the Packers again.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like he will put out a statememt tomorrow oe Tuesday that he‘s gonna be here for training camp, so he can attend game 6 of the NBA finals without all the attention.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I feel like he will put out a statememt tomorrow oe Tuesday that he‘s gonna be here for training camp, so he can attend game 6 of the NBA finals without all the attention.

Personally, I hope he stays away from Milwaukee on Tuesday. Seems a bit disingenuous to suddenly show up now so that he can take in a Championship. Win Packer fans back first by doing something as a member of the Green Bay Packers.

Him showing up in Milwaukee would remind me of a GF that I just had a huge fight with, showing up at my friends house, hoping to get them all to convince me to forgive her. Be a man A-Rod, sh**tt or get off the pot.

Reaction score
I’m fine with him showing up. It’s his responsibility. GB is instantly a playoff contender with him.

Lots of woes can be erased with Aaron just doing the next right thing, it’s time to quit hiding from his fears and stand up in the face of scrutiny and be thankful for the gifts he’s been given and surrounded with. Step up and be a man Rodgers and leave this boyhood stuff behind for once.

Champions don’t hide from their fear, they stand up against them and take them head on.. 4th n goal to Win against all the elements of life.

Isn’t it a coincidence (obviously not!) that the Milwaukee Bucks choose 2021 to play like Champions! Talk about getting a Champion attitude rubbed in your face! :laugh:Thank You Lord for your perfect timing, may you change the hearts of us men when we falter or get misguided and may we not have a stone cast at us (or cast one ourself) because of it.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Isn’t it a coincidence (obviously not!) that the Milwaukee Bucks choose 2021 to play like Champions! Talk about getting a Champion attitude rubbed in your face!
If the Brewers keep it rolling.....there is that chance of 2 major Championships for Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin. Exciting times to be a fan of Wisco. sports. Even the Badger Football team, with who is coming back and their schedule, have what some think is a solid path to the playoff games.

Would be nice to include the Packers in this kind of conversation, but I think most of us agree, that it won't be happening without Rodgers fully on board.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We COULD stake him out over a fire ant nest until he tells us what the **** he`s playing at, and tells us what he`s actually doing. Just saying. I`m working on my anger issues.

Tbh

This is pissing me off....rodgers spill your **** guts already...JFC

100% of stuff can be put to bed if you make a ******* statement...or you are a diva and love this ****..

Others?

No one effing knows....Your guessing!!!

Everyone should just stop guessing..and ****

none of us truly know, unless you are that close to him.
why are you 2 being so difficult?? LOL take the old bronco out back and put him to pasture, and tell him his legacy is ruined and take his 12 jersey to Denver - Brian Griese can then give him permission to wear his number...lol

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

why are you 2 being so difficult?? LOL take the old bronco out back and put him to pasture, and tell him his legacy is ruined and take his 12 jersey to Denver - Brian Griese can then give him permission to wear his number...lol
Better still, send him to Seattle and tell him #12 isn`t available to him.....lol THAT would seriously **** him off.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I thought I heard that the Deshaun Watson to Denver trade rumors were heating up again. Maybe the Texans need a QB, Rodgers would love to go to THAT team and improve on their 4-12 record. He would be reunited with Cobb too.

Reaction score
I thought I heard that the Deshaun Watson to Denver trade rumors were heating up again. Maybe the Texans need a QB, Rodgers would love to go to THAT team and improve on their 4-12 record. He would be reunited with Cobb too.
He’d become a Houston Perennial alright.
With a Capital “L” on his forehead.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you guys gonna be mad when Rodgers has a repeat mvp performance this season for the Packers...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So you guys gonna be mad when Rodgers has a repeat mvp performance this season for the Packers...
Why would we be mad? Or course, if he doesn't and the circus like atmosphere he has helped to create in Green Bay continues to be a major distraction, are you fine with that?

I'm sure there are a few fans that no matter the outcome now hate Aaron Rodgers enough that they want to see him completely fail. However, I get the sense from most posters here, what matters the most is the success of The Green Bay Packers. I also get the sense that there are a few posters that love Aaron so much, that they don't fault him for any of this and hope he sticks it to the Packers.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we be mad? Or course, if he doesn't and the circus like atmosphere he has helped to create in Green Bay continues to be a major distraction, are you fine with that?

I'm sure there are a few fans that no matter the outcome now hate Aaron Rodgers enough that they want to see him completely fail. However, I get the sense from most posters here, what matters the most is the success of The Green Bay Packers. I also get the sense that there are a few posters that love Aaron so much, that they don't fault him for any of this and hope he sticks it to the Packers.

You'd be mad because it seems you guys are so upset with Rodgers silence...some of you would laugh if he got injured and say ha he deserved it...it seems a lot on the anti Rodgers side are really taking this personally, I guess that's why I ask if you guys would be mad to see Rodgers succeed

I don't think the "circus" atmosphere is a big deal...I think it's all media driven speculation. And I honestly don't think the players care much about what the media says. Obviously there are some that do, Kevin Durant. But I think for the most part these guys trying to go out and make a living for their families

If the Packers play poorly this season with Rodgers at qb it's not gonna be because they were so distracted by this that they couldn't find the concentration to win...if that's the case to quote bud, "we don't deserve to win" although on a side note bud started playing his stars 40 plus mins a game instead of 30 and that's all anyone has been asking for, these last few years

Back to Rodgers I'm certainly not in the he can do no wrong camp...my dislike for Rodgers as a person is well documented on here. I'm just being honest about the way employers should treat their employees... if that is, we wanna live in a world that isn't everyone divided against eachother but instead is everyone working with eachother. And about what gives the Packers the best chance to win the SB this season and next...

Although now it does seem that this is gonna be a "Last Dance" situation in which everyone knows this is the last hooray. Which is unfortunate but better than nothing. And perhaps it could give the players an added sense of urgency knowing this is their last shot at a title in GB with Rodgers. Now if they actually do it, things get real interesting...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be mad if he won an MVP, even if it wasn't for us. I've already said, I think with who he is, he could skip it all, not say a word and I think he'd step in and in a week have this team running like it was last year. In the end, his teammates want to win and contrary to what some may think, I do think the team will be behind him the entire way. and to be fair, if it was Love, I don't think any of them are going to quit because Rodgers isn't their QB. I bet they play just as hard.

I wish he would say something, but that's not who he is really as i've learned over the years. I don't know his reasons, and I'll just have to assume they're good ones. Sitting where I am, I don't think they're good ones all things considered, but that's just me speculating.

It's more than irritating knowing we have a good team, and a good QB who has IMO been treated and compensated very fairly throughout his career here and he seems content to throw a wrench in all that and hasn't taken any time to clear anything up.

on the other hand, I know he's not going to go sing to the media until something is done. He's pretty calculated but there isn't much to gain by playing a media game and he probably won't say anything. I guess anything short of "problems solved, we're working towards the super bowl" wouldn't change anything anyway except the talking heads more to talk about so I try not to let my speculation cloud what I think about our QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm just being honest about the way employers should treat their employees... if that is, we wanna live in a world that isn't everyone divided against eachother but instead is everyone working with eachother. And about what gives the Packers the best chance to win the SB this season and next...
You seem to always conveniently leave one important part of this out of the equation though....that being, Rodgers part in it. I have seen nothing that tells me that the Packer Organization currently or in the past, has not wanted Aaron Rodgers playing QB for them. Yet, your words above and in past posts almost seem to imply otherwise. The ball is literally in Aaron's court right now, as it has been since the Packers made the announcement that they will not be trading him. If HE wants to play for the Packers, its his decision. If HE wants to have a shot at another SB, its right in front of his face. Yet he doesn't show up for practices, he continues to play cat and mouse games through friends, the media and his apparently whimsical heady comments.

You can point to various things that you feel that the Packer front office did wrong in regards to Rodgers and on many of those I probably would agree. However, I would never agree with you with this notion that the Packers are bad employers and are taking advantage of some poor employee named Aaron Rodgers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I will not be mad nor will I be angry either. I do not wish him to play poorly or to get injured. Unfortunately for him I do believe in Karma though.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Saw on Twitter that Rodgers house is getting a deep clean this week in preparation for training camp.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't see what he has done so wrong. If he wants to give up a bunch of money and not come to camp; I just don't care very much. Him not saying anything is the right thing to (not) do imho. I used to like Schefter. Not so much anymore.

Members online