Rodgers might be released (per source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do wonder what teams saw this infraction and if it is truly irrelevant then why complain about it.. there's gotta be more to the story

And why are these "multiple teams" all anonymous? If anyone had made any kind of official complaint there wouldn't be any anonymity. Probably just a few teams called and asked the NFL why they approved the move and nothing more. Adam Shefter loves to stretch any little morsel of info he gets into a wild conspiracy.

Cvikes80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That may be true but the league under Goodell vs the league under Tagliabu is very different and much more unstable and unpredictable with rulings these days. If I were a packer fan I'd be concerned and pretty pissed to even have this story arise. I mean. .. wth

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, this is done frequently at the end of the season. Show me one instance where it was ever enforced. And how is it cheating? In what way does it help us win?
I'm not saying it's a big deal. I'm just wondering why the penalty is so severe if it's such a minor infraction?
I can see that it gives a small advantage in that it allows a team to access another player.

The real story here is that there are other teams complaining about it. I don't expect anything to come of it.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's possible?!

Rodgers, Adams, Bakh, Taylor, Linsley, Bulaga, Williams, Jones, Monty. At least 9 offensive players that are unarguably, talented on any team. I would throw Cobb in, but I don't need to.

Daniels, Clark, Martinez, CM3, Perry, Lowry, Dix, Burnett, Jones, Randall, King. There is talent. The coaching is lacking.

Several talented players. Lmao.

It's hilarious that you question the reading ability of other posters but yet reply with a list of offensive players when it was obvious to everyone that I was solely talking about the defensive side of the ball.

As I have mentioned repeatedly it's impossible to fairly evaluate the main reason for the defensive struggles as long as Thompson and Capers are around. It's abundantly clear that there isn't a single elite player on the unit capable of taking over a game though which is solely on Thompson.

I would prefer the Packers to move on from both and try to fix the defense with a new general manager and defensive coordinator.

Jokes aside, even if forced to release on a technicality, I'm sure AR would sign back with us.

Rodgers might want to sign with a team featuring a better overall talent than the Packers.

And it`s Christmas gents so lets keep the personal insults for the new year or better still never. Have a great holiday ;).

Actually it's only one poster, who has already done it repeatedly in the past, that is insulting others.

Again, this is done frequently at the end of the season. Show me one instance where it was ever enforced. And how is it cheating? In what way does it help us win?

The Packers definitely violated the rules by putting Rodgers back on injured reserve. I don't expect the league to force them to release #12 but taking that small risk, especially as the team doesn't have any benefit out of it, was an extremely stupid move by Thompson and should put an end to his tenure with the team.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers definitely violated the rules by putting Rodgers back on injured reserve. I don't expect the league to force them to release #12 but taking that small risk, especially as the team doesn't have any benefit out of it, was an extremely stupid move by Thompson and should put an end to his tenure with the team.

The NFL approved it. End of story. Nothing stupid about it.

D

Deleted member 6794

The NFL approved it. End of story. Nothing stupid about it.

Well, while the NFL allowed the Packers to put Rodgers on injured reserve it's possible that an investigation detects the team violated the rules by making the move which could result in a penalty. It was extremely stupid to risk something like that happening as there was no benefit doing it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't think so. He's had ample opportunities over the years to move. I expect he'll sign back with us.

Rodgers never had a realistic chance of leaving the Packers as the team could have used the franchise tag to keep him in Green Bay. In addition he might realize that it would be easier to win another ring with a different team featuring a more talented roster.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It's hilarious that you question the reading ability of other posters but yet reply with a list of offensive players when it was obvious to everyone that I was solely talking about the defensive side of the ball.

As I have mentioned repeatedly it's impossible to fairly evaluate the main reason for the defensive struggles as long as Thompson and Capers are around. It's abundantly clear that there isn't a single elite player on the unit capable of taking over a game though which is solely on Thompson.

I would prefer the Packers to move on from both and try to fix the defense with a new general manager and defensive coordinator.

Rodgers might want to sign with a team featuring a better overall talent than the Packers.

Actually it's only one poster, who has already done it repeatedly in the past, that is insulting others.

Thanks for the input Capt, but I think I have it covered and that's all I needed to do. Both are decent and that was all I did, and needed to do.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers never had a realistic chance of leaving the Packers as the team could have used the franchise tag to keep him in Green Bay. In addition he might realize that it would be easier to win another ring with a different team featuring a more talented roster.
Tag is for 1 year only, right? If he wanted a move there's no way we'd keep him for more than a year.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain!! Merry Christmas!
What about you being the GM? Haha I seriously think you have great knowledge and insight and feed us good quality Intell you are the YODA of this forum if u ask me lol anyways If they do get a new GM who do u think it is? Wolf is the favorite I’m sure any other possibilities? And what about DC? They need to hire someone outside the organization because in-house ain’t working but I have a feeling they could promote someone in house which I don’t want I feel like that’s gonna happen.... anyways have a good Christmas sir!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to entertaining this silly notion that Rodgers is angling for a way out of here? LOL

D

Deleted member 6794

Tag is for 1 year only, right? If he wanted a move there's no way we'd keep him for more than a year.

The Packers could franchise tag Rodgers more than once but it would become extremely expensive starting with the third time.

Captain!! Merry Christmas!
What about you being the GM? Haha I seriously think you have great knowledge and insight and feed us good quality Intell you are the YODA of this forum if u ask me lol anyways If they do get a new GM who do u think it is? Wolf is the favorite I’m sure any other possibilities? And what about DC? They need to hire someone outside the organization because in-house ain’t working but I have a feeling they could promote someone in house which I don’t want I feel like that’s gonna happen.... anyways have a good Christmas sir!

Merry Christmas, Snoops. Thanks for the kind words. I fully expect Wolf to become the Packers next general manager. I haven't taken a look at the defensive coordinators available but would definitely like the Packers to hire a younger one that runs a less complicated scheme than Capers and uses the players to their strengths.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's the equivalent of jay-walking, why is the penalty so severe?

At worst, Green Bay starts to get painted with the "cheaters" label that the Patriots get. Hopefully some of their success would follow us as well.

Undota is comparing the rule's enforecment to that of jaywalking. Most people get away with crossing the street between traffic lights and stop signs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, while the NFL allowed the Packers to put Rodgers on injured reserve it's possible that an investigation detects the team violated the rules by making the move which could result in a penalty. It was extremely stupid to risk something like that happening as there was no benefit doing it.
How is an investigation supposed to happen when THE NFL approved it?

The NFL will investigate themselves?

D

Deleted member 6794

How is an investigation supposed to happen when THE NFL approved it?

The NFL will investigate themselves?

The league approved the balls the Patriots used during the AFCCG vs. the Colts three years ago as well. Multiple teams complaining about the Packers putting Rodgers on injured reserve could result in an investigation.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL rules stipulate that the Packers would have to release him -- which nobody expects will happen.

This is a nothing burger.
I'll wait and see what, if anything, the NFL is going to do about it and for the time being and most likely, nothing.

Yeah the new injury requirement isnt even a hurdle, nothing burger indeed.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Undota is comparing the rule's enforecment to that of jaywalking. Most people get away with crossing the street between traffic lights and stop signs.
Yes, I got that. But if the league doesn't enforce it, they must not consider it that important. And if it's not that important, why the severe penalty?

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah the new injury requirement isnt even a hurdle, nothing burger indeed.

The rule clearly states that a player being put on injured reserve must have suffered an injury that would sideline him for at least six weeks. That might be tough to argue for the Packers as Rodgers was able to play in a game two days earlier and seemingly didn't get injured during it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts