Packers fined $300,000; Rodgers and Lazard $14,650 each

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poor Lazard. If AR does not get covid IMO there is never an investigation into the Packers and he never gets fined.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Poor Lazard. If AR does not get covid IMO there is never an investigation into the Packers and he never gets fined.
Perhaps, but that doesn't explain why the NFL has investigated and fined other teams/coaches/players.

Just like so many things in this life, do something under the radar and you might not get caught. Do it too many times or around others that are doing it too and your odds of getting caught just went up. So why not follow the rules? I'm not shedding a tear for either player, Rodgers got off cheap. As did the Packers themselves. Might not be able to say the same for anyone those 2 players may have infected due to their not following rules.

Maybe AR will offer to pick up Lazard's fine and the medical expenses incurred by anyone he infected?

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps, but that doesn't explain why the NFL has investigated and fined other teams/coaches/players.

Just like so many things in this life, do something under the radar and you might not get caught. Do it too many times or around others that are doing it too and your odds of getting caught just went up. So why not follow the rules? I'm not shedding a tear for either player, Rodgers got off cheap. As did the Packers themselves. Might not be able to say the same for anyone those 2 players may have infected due to their not following rules.

Maybe AR will offer to pick up Lazard's fine and the medical expenses incurred by anyone he infected?
$14K is the amount an unvaxxed player is fined for a first offense as negotiated by the NFLPA so AR didn't get off cheap.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
$14K is the amount an unvaxxed player is fined for a first offense as negotiated by the NFLPA so AR didn't get off cheap.
Sure he did. Have you read up on this? There were at least 2 other known instances where Rodgers wasn't following the rules, the NFL decided to only fine him for the Halloween party.

He got off cheap. Now you may say "$14K isn't cheap". First, it is for Rodgers and second, he knew or should have known the gravity of his decisions.

What would you suggest fining a guy that makes $35M + endorsements a year? Now I am not suggesting a sliding scale based on ability to pay, but $14K was a flea bite for him. I can't say that definitively for anyone he may have infected during his refusal to follow the rules. They or their surviving family might be able to tell you.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he did. Have you read up on this? There were at least 2 other known instances where Rodgers wasn't following the rules, the NFL decided to only fine him for the Halloween party.

He got off cheap. Now you may say "$14K isn't cheap". First, it is for Rodgers and second, he knew or should have known the gravity of his decisions.

What would you suggest fining a guy that makes $35M + endorsements a year? Now I am not suggesting a sliding scale based on ability to pay, but $14K was a flea bite for him. I can't say that definitively for anyone he may have infected during his refusal to follow the rules. They or their surviving family might be able to tell you.
You are right, he probably should have been fined for each time he addressed the media without a mask on but it was up to the league to only fine him for that one event. The league let him and other players on other teams get off cheap. If he had never come down with it I seriously doubt any of this uproar and fines would have come to pass. Will he have to follow these protocols when he returns now that he is recovered from COVID?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You are right, he probably should have been fined for each time he addressed the media without a mask on but it was up to the league to only fine him for that one event. The league let him and other players on other teams get off cheap. If he had never come down with it I seriously doubt any of this uproar and fines would have come to pass. Will he have to follow these protocols when he returns now that he is recovered from COVID?
Agreed....in my humble opinion on getting off cheap.

I assume that the protocols don't change for him, unless he decides to get vaccinated, for which there are a different set of protocols that would then apply.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We are aware of the fact Lazard is not a millionaire right? Sure $14K to him is vastly less than to most of us, but that's a sizable chunk for a player in his position.
Than he shouldn't have agreed to play under the rules or if he didn't want to get fined, he should have followed those rules, its pretty simple.

I don't get all the handwringing over this. The NFL has been fining people/teams for not being in compliance and people in this forum seem to make it sound like Rodgers and Lazard are the victims.

I know some people who were written up for DUI's and in no way could they afford the cost of what happens in that situation. Yet, they chose to drive drunk, I don't feel bad for them or that they got caught.

Reaction score
I never understood this line. I mean I have never nor do I know anyone who has ever given a crap to anyone. Now if the question is who takes a crap.
Alex. I’d really like to go…
“Who takes a Crap” for $600
and I pray it’s not a daily double!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Than he shouldn't have agreed to play under the rules or if he didn't want to get fined, he should have followed those rules, its pretty simple.

I don't get all the handwringing over this. The NFL has been fining people/teams for not being in compliance and people in this forum seem to make it sound like Rodgers and Lazard are the victims.

I know some people who were written up for DUI's and in no way could they afford the cost of what happens in that situation. Yet, they chose to drive drunk, I don't feel bad for them or that they got caught.

You are aware I in zero way said anything more than the fact Lazard is not some big millionaire? Never discussed if right or wrong for his choices, actions or if i agreed or disagreed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You are aware I in zero way said anything more than the fact Lazard is not some big millionaire? Never discussed if right or wrong for his choices, actions or if i agreed or disagreed.
I wasn't trying to single you out at all. Apologies if you thought I was. I have just read too many takes on how this is a political witch hunt by the NFL. When in reality, its them enforcing the rules everyone agreed to.

D

Deleted member 6794

Will he have to follow these protocols when he returns now that he is recovered from COVID?

Rodgers won't need to test for 90 days. I guess he will be treated like a vaccinated player over that period.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers won't need to test for 90 days. I guess he will be treated like a vaccinated player over that period.
correct but he still has to follow the protocols for those that are not vaccinated(masks, house parties, concerts, traveling, etc). if i'm not mistaken.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt fully. Maybe just not the testing part, but I would think that the other rules for an unvaccinated player apply? I could be wrong.

D

Deleted member 6794

correct but he still has to follow the protocols for those that are not vaccinated(masks, house parties, concerts, traveling, etc). if i'm not mistaken.

I doubt fully. Maybe just not the testing part, but I would think that the other rules for an unvaccinated player apply? I could be wrong.

I really don't know either as I can't find any information about it. Rodgers was pretty convinced he wouldn't have to follow the rules for unvaccinated players after returning though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts