Packers fined $300,000; Rodgers and Lazard $14,650 each

Reaction score
It was a hand slap. If they pull that stunt again though? the league will likely go up exponentially on both the team fines and a draft pick. This was merely a warning and the next issue won’t be pretty.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"The violations included the unvaccinated Rodgers not wearing a mask during his news conferences and because the team did not report that Rodgers and Lazard attended a Halloween party, even though it was away from the team facility. By attending, Rodgers and Lazard violated the protocol that prevents unvaccinated players from gathering in groups of more than three, which was the reason for their fine. The amount of the players' fines were part of the jointly agreed upon fine schedule between the league and the players' union."

Packers cooperated with investigation and that was taken into consideration. Future violations may result in loss of draft picks.

Should the board punish Murphy?
Rodgers and Lazard should appeal and go to the Union. They have to support any player regardless of the issue. If it were me I would sue the League. Like these are the only players who had a Halloween party? If Rodgers had not been diagnosed
do you think anything would have been done. Of course not. The League just has to strut her wings to look good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers and Lazard should appeal and go to the Union. They have to support any player regardless of the issue. If it were me I would sue the League. Like these are the only players who had a Halloween party? If Rodgers had not been diagnosed
do you think anything would have been done. Of course not. The League just has to strut her wings to look good.
Appeal, drag it out more and possibly face other fines, when the rules are very clearly laid out? Why? What is your appeal based on? "Johnny did it, I was just doing what he did!"

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people were wondering why the Packers were getting hit so hard with Covid. The Vikings have 5 on the Covid list, with one player in the hospital.

Appeal, drag it out more and possibly face other fines, when the rules are very clearly laid out? Why?
He is nearing the end of his playing career. But he said he has to be true to himself. Do you think the late Al Davis threw up the white flag when the league infringed on his rights? No. He sued. And he won. The NFL is due for one in the chops.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly, i want my qb to be arrogant. especially when the arrogance is justified by his performance.

I’m more talking about him off the field especially. He is not the type of guy I’d ever want my son to be. He is so smug the definition of it should be his name. Humility is not a sign of weakness like many think it is.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m more talking about him off the field especially. He is not the type of guy I’d ever want my son to be. He is so smug the definition of it should be his name. Humility is not a sign of weakness like many think it is.
well, i told this story once already, but i'll repeat myself. my wife worked in hospitality and has met aaron rodgers three times when she was working various special events here in the monterey area. she describes him as humble and courteous. she liked him and she has pretty good judgment considering the thousands of people she interacted with over a 27-year career.

obviously, that's only anecdotal evidence, so take it for what it is worth.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i told this story once already, but i'll repeat myself. my wife worked in hospitality and has net aaron rodgers three times when she was working various special events here in the monterey area. she describes him as humble and courteous. she liked him and she has pretty good judgment considering the thousands of people she interacted with over a 27-year career.

Oh for sure, while I hold my opinion of him from a distance, I am not to prideful to admit I can be completely wrong about folks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also believe people can change without question too so even if right doesn’t mean always or if wrong always.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"The violations included the unvaccinated Rodgers not wearing a mask during his news conferences and because the team did not report that Rodgers and Lazard attended a Halloween party, even though it was away from the team facility. By attending, Rodgers and Lazard violated the protocol that prevents unvaccinated players from gathering in groups of more than three, which was the reason for their fine. The amount of the players' fines were part of the jointly agreed upon fine schedule between the league and the players' union."

Packers cooperated with investigation and that was taken into consideration. Future violations may result in loss of draft picks.

Should the board punish Murphy?

Rodgers just cost the fans $300,000 dollars because that's who owns the team.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people were wondering why the Packers were getting hit so hard with Covid. The Vikings have 5 on the Covid list, with one player in the hospital.

and that one player in the ER is vaccinated. why the packers are hit hard with Covid? not sure what you mean by that since majority on that list are vaccinated. so how is this protocol working and who is protecting who from who?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
and that one player in the ER is vaccinated. why the packers are hit hard with Covid? not sure what you mean by that since majority on that list are vaccinated. so how is this protocol working and who is protecting who from who?

My post had nothing to do with vaccinated or unvaccinated, stop trying to make it that, nobody else at this point is. You are like a dog with a bone. I was simply pointing out to at least one poster from last week, that thought the Packers were being hit harder than anyone else by Covid, that other teams are being hit too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He is nearing the end of his playing career. But he said he has to be true to himself. Do you think the late Al Davis threw up the white flag when the league infringed on his rights? No. He sued. And he won. The NFL is due for one in the chops.
So should Aaron fight this and talk about the additional violations that the NFL seemed to let slide? If you get pulled over for speeding and the cop says "I clocked you going 9 mph over the speed limit, I need to write you up." Now you are sitting there knowing that you were actually going 20 mph over at a couple points and also ran a few red lights along the way. Are you going to tell him he better check the traffic monitors, cause you aren't paying the fine?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My post had nothing to do with vaccinated or unvaccinated, stop trying to make it that, nobody else at this point is. You are like a dog with a bone. I was simply pointing out to at least one poster from last week, that thought the Packers were being hit harder than anyone else by Covid, that other teams are being hit too.
LOL

"Some people were wondering why the Packers were getting hit so hard with Covid."

Just thought you had an answer to that question why Packers "getting hit so hard with Covid." then you post a link with no answers just another team with people catching Covid virus. Just wanted to point that out and the confusion. LOL

Hence the question why is there a protocol and who is protecting who from who.

two swipes today and now i'm the one with the bone but carry on.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"protocols" lol..yeah if that's what you wanna call them. Sureeeee NFL, sureeeee

If Mercedes Lewis had not uploaded that Halloween video to his social media, the Packers would get no fine lol. I'm sure they weren't the only ones having close parties like that. But it's all about who gets caught.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Protection??

No mask..but at least wearing a ****** on his "head"

Attachments

• 108B649A-DB40-4191-AEB0-846887CACB9D.png
    108B649A-DB40-4191-AEB0-846887CACB9D.png
    382.3 KB · Views: 100

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i told this story once already, but i'll repeat myself. my wife worked in hospitality and has met aaron rodgers three times when she was working various special events here in the monterey area. she describes him as humble and courteous. she liked him and she has pretty good judgment considering the thousands of people she interacted with over a 27-year career.

I think that is very probable. From what i’ve seen… his issues seem to manifest themselves when he believes someone has wronged him or is doing wrong. Under those circumstances, it appears that he has a very difficult time forgiving and moving on. I could be wrong about this…. but it is my impression based on his lack of contact with his family, the Ryan Braun incident…. the reasons for his mini holdout this offseason and probably a few others.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perhaps there isn't a rule against a player being outside and distanced from others?

As I've posted in another thread unvaccinated players are forced to wear a mask at all time during travel.

Rodgers and Lazard should appeal and go to the Union. They have to support any player regardless of the issue. If it were me I would sue the League. Like these are the only players who had a Halloween party?

There's absolutely no basis for the Packers or Rodgers to appeal the ruling. They should be glad the penalty wasn't any harsher.

Rodgers just cost the fans $300,000 dollars because that's who owns the team.

Lazard seems to be responsible for half of it though ;)