Rodgers might be released (per source)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk: not a bust, but a disappointment at 5. Solid player for a lot of years.

Justin Harrell: Bust

BJ Raji: Average player for a few years.

Clay Matthews: good start, but avg due to spray bottle

Nick Perry: Average player, contract player other than that injury prone

Datone Jones: meh. Not a very good player.

HaHa: 3 tipped balls made him a pro bowler last yr, this yr he is horrendous.

Damarious Randall: meh, below avg

Kenny Clark: good pick, verdict still out

1/8

THERE FIXED

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I could write a long post explaining how wrong you are, but I learned an important lesson as a child. You can't fix stupid. And you sir, are stupid.

Merry Christmas!

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a huge risk to field Rodgers last week. Some of those hits he took , took the breath right out of me.
Who is to say he didn't jar the fix and prolong his recovery? That's a huge assumption to think GB brass put him on ir because we missed the playoffs...
And let's not forget that this is a hall of famer career we are risking with a second break on that bone... he said he had soreness, and that for me, along with that picture that's burned in my head of Rodgers being smeared into the turf, shoulder first, by a defensive tackle... that's plenty reason to second guess the aggressive decision to rush him back... he should never have been taken off injured reserve in the first place.

Rodgers never would have come back and McKenzie sure as hell never would have cleared him if there was any significant risk of re-injury. Soreness is normal returning from any injury.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another caveat in all this is now that turd Martellus Bennett will have a case against the Packers trying to retrieve his signing bonus. Now he and his reps can just say "Hey, if they can have even Rodgers play hurt, why wouldn't they force me to play injured?"
Nope. That ship sailed when he voluntarily played for the Patsies a week later.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because the league "approved" the transaction does NOT mean the league is certifying it was a proper transaction. If the verbage says "new injury" then it would come down to... has the league in the past allowed a player to go back on IR when it becomes evident through stressing it during play or reaggravation that he shouldnt be playing. It also matters about precedent of the "6 weeks " vs the end of the season. Now.... if Rodgers really wants to screw over the Packers and escape GB he could probably cause trouble, but I don't there's actually any way he gets his freedom. But if he did A) while the Browns may technically have "dibs" on him I think he could force his way to virtually anywhere he wanted to go. B) why would Cleveland be so bad? TT's superstars had to go OT to beat them even with the almighty MM coaching them. Maybe the underlying talent levels are not that different?

Where the hell did this BS about Rodgers "wanting his freedom to escape GB" nonsense come from? That's a load of crap.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Where the hell did this BS about Rodgers "wanting his freedom to escape GB" nonsense come from? That's a load of crap.

One of the many many Viking trolls on ProFootballTalk. God what a cesspool. Makes Jim Rome's old forum look scholarly.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible?!

Rodgers, Adams, Bakh, Taylor, Linsley, Bulaga, Williams, Jones, Monty. At least 9 offensive players that are unarguably, talented on any team. I would throw Cobb in, but I don't need to.

Daniels, Clark, Martinez, CM3, Perry, Lowry, Dix, Burnett, Jones, Randall, King. There is talent. The coaching is lacking.

Several talented players. Lmao.

Hyde and Heyward make one wonder, how much better would a number of our players look in a different scheme? I bet HHCF would consistently play at a Pro Bowl level and I bet Matthews would be better as well. Clark and Daniels are both very good and part of their advantage is that in the trenches Dom's whacky scheme just can't be as complicated.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodbye Rodgers. Roll the red carpet to Hundley era.

Jokes aside, even if forced to release on a technicality, I'm sure AR would sign back with us.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers apparently have violated the NFL injured reserve protocol and the punishment would result in Rodgers having to be released by the Packers. This is not a joke..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...violated-ir-rule-think-aaron-rodgers-released
NFL rules stipulate that the Packers would have to release him -- which nobody expects will happen.

This is a nothing burger.
I'll wait and see what, if anything, the NFL is going to do about it and for the time being and most likely, nothing.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers gets released or if we have to forfeit a draft selection, the responsible party should absolutely be fired or step down. Tt?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Zuerlein went on IR because of a back problem he had been playing through all season after he "slept on it funny." That's not a new injury either. Not much different.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Greg Zuerlein went on IR because of a back problem he had been playing through all season after he "slept on it funny." That's not a new injury either. Not much different.
Except he didn't go on IR, come back and then go back on IR.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And it`s Christmas gents so lets keep the personal insults for the new year or better still never. Have a great holiday ;).

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. This rule has been in place for a long time and has never been enforced even though it is violated every year by multiple teams. It's the NFL equivalent of jay-walking.
If it's the equivalent of jay-walking, why is the penalty so severe?

At worst, Green Bay starts to get painted with the "cheaters" label that the Patriots get. Hopefully some of their success would follow us as well.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's the equivalent of jay-walking, why is the penalty so severe?

At worst, Green Bay starts to get painted with the "cheaters" label that the Patriots get. Hopefully some of their success would follow us as well.

Again, this is done frequently at the end of the season. Show me one instance where it was ever enforced. And how is it cheating? In what way does it help us win?

Cvikes80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do wonder what teams saw this infraction and if it is truly irrelevant then why complain about it.. there's gotta be more to the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts