Rodgers is back...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After last night it felt like the old Rodgers and there was a simple reason why.

They went to a shorter passing game, utilizing check down receivers and a simplified game plan. Thet supplemented the running attack with a touch of speed then some pounding right at the heart of the defense with Kuhn. All of this long ball crap we have to throw it 45 yards down field every other down hurt the offense but it seems like they finally got the ball moving by running a simplified offense and it was extremely effective. I hope they run a similar game plan against the Vikings out of the bye week, I don't think the Queens will be able to match up.

On another note, I am so tired of going to espn.com and having to read another headline about Childress and Favre. When will anyone realize that Favre is over the hill, Childress is a crap coach, and the rest of the team is mediocre? They are 3-5 and people are saying the season is saved. Report to us if they get above .500. It would be nice to read another headline for once.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His terrible performance against the Jets wasnt that long ago. I would like to see more consistency in him. But amazing job last night.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I saw a lot of 12 to 85 last night, my favorite combo in the league. Rodgers looked great, he looked relaxed and accurate.

Did anyone notice the announcers making note of his different throwing style last night? I always thought he looked different throwing the ball, but it was nice to see them analyze it.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron was on his game last night for sure!!! It made him look even better, his receivers were actually catching passes! Maybe this game was exactly what Aaron needed to get his mojo back. I suppose we'll find out in two weeks when we duel Favre in Minny.

Purrs for Aaron's big game!!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus he is running forward again!
That was exciting to watch.

On another note, I am so tired of going to espn.com and having to read another headline about Childress and Favre. When will anyone realize that Favre is over the hill, Childress is a crap coach, and the rest of the team is mediocre? They are 3-5 and people are saying the season is saved. Report to us if they get above .500. It would be nice to read another headline for once.
On the one hand, I agree.
Burnt Fail and the Vikings are soooooo overrated.
They are also done with. Put a fork in them.

On the other hand, I like watching their problems.
Every time something is mentioned, it's another reason to be glad it isn't happening to the Packers which makes it another reason to be glad to be a Packers fan.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one game. I'll get excited when he strings a few of them together.

I will say that he seems to enjoy the bright lights this year. Monday against Chicago, he was money, Sunday night against the Queens, he was good, and last night he was money.

Thing about last nights game thought, is I'm not sure how much was us being good, or how much was them just giving up. Let's not forget, they are 1-7 for a reason.

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean really, we just dialed up the right plays at the right time. Rodgers was doing a great job of reading the Inside Linebacker Blitz and DE and DT stunts. When something broke down he checked it off short. Kind of looked like an elusive Manning out there!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally!
They played like the Green Bay Packers we know and love for the first time this season.
And that is a good reason to be excited!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Rodgers said in his presser that the short easy throws got him into a rhythm... Have to give some kudos to MM as well for getting him into that rhythm.

That one back shoulder throw to Nelson is one of the best I've seen him throw all season. If he's making those, and the receivers aren't dropping them, there's no stopping us.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
It was nice of him to finally show up this year.

Don't get me wrong, he's been good, but good isn't what I was expecting out of Aaron.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see him have a good game. You just wonder if it was him finally getting it together, or if the cowboys are just that bad. I mean they are 1-7. Maybe it was both?

OP
OP
dansz15

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure everyone understood what I meant and after reading my post I didn't explain it well enough.

What I meant is that the simplified gameplan really helped Rodgers out. The short passes helped him find a rhytem. I am not discounting the bad games he has had this year, instead noticing the change they made offensively to find the seemingly right mix. I think they are a dangerous team if MM can really hammer down this play calling.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure everyone understood what I meant and after reading my post I didn't explain it well enough.

What I meant is that the simplified gameplan really helped Rodgers out. The short passes helped him find a rhytem. I am not discounting the bad games he has had this year, instead noticing the change they made offensively to find the seemingly right mix. I think they are a dangerous team if MM can really hammer down this play calling.
It also helped that they played man coverage.

EVERY team, no matter what is their original gameplan on D, EVERY team plays deep 2 shell against us. Usually cover 2 looks. Even the freaking Jets, who always run a blitz, man coverage scheme, played mainly on cover 2 against Rodgers.

If he had a running game, he would be beating the cover 2 with play actions.

But yeah, he was playing bad.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I loved that win over the jets, But I really love seeing A-rod and the offense at its best. I too noticed Rodgers mention getting into rhythm because of MM's play calling. I think if this offense plays to its abilities, and the play calling is good, even with the injuries, it should be able to dominate most average defenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts