Richardson has serious neck injury

D

Deleted member 6794

Sadly, this very well could end his NFL career.

That's bad news. I'm obviously not an expert but as far as I know if it happened at the C6-C7 level it's possible he will be able to continue his career. C4-C5 would be a completely different story.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With Morgan Burnett most likely out, that leaves us dangerously thin at Safety for Sunday. Dix, Hyde and Banjo. Will be interesting to see if they may try to slide Damarious Randall back into the position he played in college.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Bummer. Had hopes for him to be a decent run-stopping backup. Could be a hit in the special teams coverage too.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. The hits keep comin. They will have to shuffle players again. Hopefully whoever takes his place can do a good job.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible news. First of all as a fan of the Green Bay Packers seeing this kid make the team the hard way as an undrafted free agent, suffering a potentially career ending injury once and seeing his growth since then on defense and special teams in his return makes me feel awful for him to have it all taken away from him again at the young age of 25.

Sadly, Packer fans have a little experience with Safeties and neck injuries:(

From a football perspective I can't see Banjo matching Richardson's size and physicality especially in stopping the run but if he can stay solid in coverage as he did last week then I don't think we'll see a huge drop off if Burnett, HHCD, or Hyde have to come off the field. Speaking of Burnett, his run stopping presence is especially needed now in Secondary. Hopefully he can get and stay healthy down the stretch run this year. His presence is huge IMO.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Morgan Burnett most likely out, that leaves us dangerously thin at Safety for Sunday. Dix, Hyde and Banjo. Will be interesting to see if they may try to slide Damarious Randall back into the position he played in college.
I feel bad for Richardson even though I'm no fan of his, and the mounting injuries certainly have me concerned.
Next man up, whoever that may be.

D

Deleted member 6794

Clinton-Dix and Hyde will most likely play the entire game at the safety positions. As long as both stay healthy there's no need to move Randall around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As long as both stay healthy there's no need to move Randall around.

Key words so far 1/4 of the way into the regular season.

I too don't want to see Randall moved around, IMO not a good move to make with a Rookie.

Guessing Richardson gets put on IR and Packers are shopping for the best available FA currently on the market.

D

Deleted member 6794

Key words so far 1/4 of the way into the regular season.

I too don't want to see Randall moved around, IMO not a good move to make with a Rookie.

Guessing Richardson gets put on IR and Packers are shopping for the best available FA currently on the market.

I hope Burnett will be able to return to action at least after the Packers bye week. There's most likely not a lot of options available in free agency, maybe the team thinks about bringing back Jean Fanor, who at least knows the system.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Think the Raiders would part with Woodson and let him "come back home" for one more Super Bowl? :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

Clinton-Dix and Hyde will most likely play the entire game at the safety positions. As long as both stay healthy there's no need to move Randall around.
Yeah, I'm not sure if he's even been in the safety meeting room since he joined the Packers. Even with a simplified defense, you'd figure stepping in cold would be a tall order, even if he might well be the best coverage safety on the roster.

H

HardRightEdge

I hope Burnett will be able to return to action at least after the Packers bye week. There's most likely not a lot of options available in free agency, maybe the team thinks about bringing back Jean Fanor, who at least knows the system.
Right, Burnett is listed as questionable so he can't be too far off from returning. Fanor? I think I'd rather see Randall getting a crash course.

D

Deleted member 6794

Right, Burnett is listed as questionable so he can't be too far off from returning. Fanor? I think I'd rather see Randall getting a crash course.

Burnett hasn't practiced all week so I don't expect him to play vs. the Rams. But him being questionable for this game most likely means he's getting closer to returning. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Fanor to get any meaningful snaps, he could add some depth to the position though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are still 4 deep at safety once Burnett returns and deep at DB collectively. I see no need to add another safety. I'd rather use the IR spot from Richardson to address another position.

D

Deleted member 6794

We are still 4 deep at safety once Burnett returns and deep at DB collectively. I see no need to add another safety. I'd rather use the IR spot from Richardson to address another position.

While it's true that we're four deep at safety once Burnett returns as of right now the roster features only three healthy safeties with Hyde actually being counted on to play nickel or dime corner entering the season.

OP
OP
TJV

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t see the need to pick up another safety.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it's true that we're four deep at safety once Burnett returns as of right now the roster features only three healthy safeties with Hyde actually being counted on to play nickel or dime corner entering the season.

No big deal. Given our matchup this weekend against a run heavy team and the bye week approaching soon I think we're fine standing pat at safety til Burnett returns.

Heck, he's questionable for tomorrow. I doubt he's far away.