Rewatched the game.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know to soon it stings :(.. Ok Our passing game was on FIRE flatout could not be stopped. All our returns sucked really bad going backwards and taking the ball out from 5+yds deep. shields had one good return but that one sucked to because he let the kicker save the touchdown. Shields was as good as GONE to paydirt.

Are run defense got pounded on but it wasnt out of control. The falcons would get a few good runs, then they would hit a break wall and be forced to pass which usually resulted into a punt.

There was a couple bad calls/spots that went against the packers the shields facemask. The 4th down catch by TG that he droped and the AR slide on 3rd down that should have been challaged both would of went in green bays favor.

JN came up BIG!!

Poor tackling on defense WOW this did not look like that packers defense missing all those tackles. It wasnt even all the falcons as if they were breaking ankles out there, it was more just flat out missing tackles taking bad angles, not wrapping up. Although Turner is a beast and DID cause his fair share of missed tackles.

The goal line stand that almost was. The packer defense showed alot of heart and stone walled the falcons oline on first and second down. on third they passed incomplete. On fourth down the packers once again stone walled the falcon oline but hawlk looked like he stayed on the inside thinking turner was going to try to jump over the mess of bodies that was his online laying on the ground. Instead Turner bounced it outside for a walk in. Hawlk could of had the saving tackle had he went outside like he should have, it would of been hawlk putting a crushing hit on turner that would of droped him at the 2 yd line.

Couple things I saw. The running game wasnt all Bjax fault although some of it was. One play DD missed his guy and Bjax ran backwards 5yds. It should of been a 1 or 2yd loss not a 5yd loss. Also In the forth qtr with about 3mins left in the game AR hands the ball off the Bjax and jax is met at the line giving AROD a chance to get down field 10yds and make a block. Bjax made the first guy miss but was not able to get 10yds down field to use Arods block.

The falcons did fumble the ball one time but luck was on their side and the ball went stright out of bounds.

I like our chances in a rematch I hope to meet them again in the nfc champ game!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Shields kept taking the ball out from 5 yards deep. That's why our returns sucked.

Someone's gotta tell the kid that a touchback is okay.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We miss Ryan Grant more than anyone could have imagined.
I remember A LOT of Packer fans the past 2 years saying he needed to be replaced because he was "just a guy", just a product of our system and any RB could do what he does.

He was a perfect guy for our system.

One cut, and boom. He hit the hole hard. Jackson gets it and stutter-steps at first expecting to deak out defenders right away.... that pause closes the hole up if there was one.

And their blocking on those early 2 drives, on the 3rd & goal and 4th and goal..... just ***** stuff. We need to toughen up the OL somehow.

Dimitri Nance got a concussion early on, I think on the 3rd & 1 that he failed on early that got us to then take the FG to make it 3-3.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good analysis, Gatorpack!!! Things always seem calmer and easier to put into perspective when you go back and look at them the next morning. When you look at it like that, you see we could very well of won that game. Not by much, but our play was evenly matched against theirs. Some love to the receivers: Jones, Jennings and Nance to name a few. If that's our D having an "off day" than they are really good even on a bad day to keep it a 1 score game all day against the Falcons. I think if we play them again, we would have a really good chance at beating them.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I personally believe if we had excellent ST play, we would have won the game. Nope, our appoximately 30th ranked ST stunk. But, that's just my opinion. Wish we had the Bears ST, they always seem to give the Bears excellent starting position.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally believe if we had excellent ST play, we would have won the game. Nope, our appoximately 30th ranked ST stunk. But, that's just my opinion. Wish we had the Bears ST, they always seem to give the Bears excellent starting position.

The Bears! I was watching the Eagles/ Bears game and just looking at Hester. Why can't we just take him, feed him the best of Wisconsin cheese, paint him green and gold and make him think he's a Packer? Come here little Hester, look at all this yummy cheese we have up here!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts