Recent NFL trades

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Hey another kid comming off the PUP is Chris Perry from the Bengals.. drafted in the first round a couple of years ago and was a disappointment so far with Cincy..

[quote="From Bengals.com]Bengals' top pick in 2004 draft missed entire preseason while rehabbing dislocated ankle suffered 11-26-06 at Cleveland ... Placed Sept. 1 on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list ... Will be eligible to return to practice after Week 6 play, with three-week roster exemption for possible activation. [/quote]

With the exemption they might hold on to him and see what he has in practice.. but with Kenny Irons on the roster and should be back to health next season.. I could see the Bengals cutting ties with Perry now..

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the heart and sole of any defense is up the middle.

if you are strong at DT, MLB, SS the team will be good. So i hope harrell produces, esp. w/all day running up in Minny.

B-Jack, i just see him as a #2 or #3 back. like tony fisher, maybe a little quicker.

decent hands, but can not make a break, and run through a small hole. he hesitates so much b/f he tries to make a cut and run.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Okay... last one... there is a kid sitting on the Atlanta practice squad that, to me, is an interesting prospect..

Jason Snelling.. out of Virginia.. played three of his four years at FB and his senior year at HB. 5'11" 232.. played for Al Groh in college so he would be technically sound. Can catch out of the backfield, let him play a number of positions.. can't be any less effective than John Kuhn has been so far.. maybe get the FB in the offense out of the Backfield a little more.. ala Big Wil'.

Best part.. no compensation needed to obtain him...

Here is a bit on him from the ATL site about his senior year..

2006 SEASON
Super Sleeper Team and All-Atlantic Coast Conference second-team selection by The NFL Draft Report.
Moved to tailback, playing in nine of the teams first 10 games.
Led the team and ranked fourth in the ACC with an average of 77.11 yards per game rushing.
Carried the ball 142 times for 694 yards (4.9 avg.) and seven touchdowns.
Produced 45 first-down runs as he converted 12-of-22 third down attempts.
Ranked fourth on the squad with 20 receptions and gained 904 all-purpose yards.

My point with all of these today, just because the deadline has past doesn't mean that we can't and won't add any players yet this season. And probably won't be any less effective than say obtaining Micheal "I can't stay healthy" Bennett for draft picks.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I believe, if you actually pay attention, you will notice that the problem lies more with the OL than the RBs as far as the less-than-stellar run game is concerned. A lot of youth that has still not come together as we had hoped for this season.

Yeah, that pesky TT!! Stellar drafts; excellent acquisition of select FAs...and do not sell short the impact that the FAs he has signed have had on this team.....;an unflinching unwillingness to throw money at names that typically do not live up to their pay; fiscal responsibility; improved overall team play; and responsible for hiring of one of the hottest young coaches in the league.

What a bastard for saddling us with THAT!!

Stellar drafts and excellent acquisition of FA's?

FA's - how hard is it to decide to sign Charles Woodson and Pickett, who if im not mistaken was the to tackling DT in the entire NFL the year before coming to Green Bay.

Drafts - I dont know of any of his draft picks that has turned a superstar or pro bowler. Yes, some of them are pretty good players but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He basically threw away round 1 and 2 of the draft this year.

Jury is still out on this. Lets wait before we start greasing up our lips.

Hard hard is it to decide? You think this is madden or something? You don't just 'decide' to do it bro, you have to have the means and the know how to pull the deal off man.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I believe, if you actually pay attention, you will notice that the problem lies more with the OL than the RBs as far as the less-than-stellar run game is concerned. A lot of youth that has still not come together as we had hoped for this season.

Yeah, that pesky TT!! Stellar drafts; excellent acquisition of select FAs...and do not sell short the impact that the FAs he has signed have had on this team.....;an unflinching unwillingness to throw money at names that typically do not live up to their pay; fiscal responsibility; improved overall team play; and responsible for hiring of one of the hottest young coaches in the league.

FA's - how hard is it to decide to sign Charles Woodson and Pickett, who if im not mistaken was the to tackling DT in the entire NFL the year before coming to Green Bay.

Drafts - I dont know of any of his draft picks that has turned a superstar or pro bowler. Yes, some of them are pretty good players but lets not get ahead of ourselves. He basically threw away round 1 and 2 of the draft this year.

Hard hard is it to decide? You think this is madden or something? You don't just 'decide' to do it bro, you have to have the means and the know how to pull the deal off man.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
digsthepack said:

I do know this, we had the means and knew how to get Randy Moss and keep Javon and get a stud RB this offseason. We DECIDED not to do either. Now we have Greg Jennings and James Jones who can NOT out jump defensive backs on jump balls like a few we had last week. Now we have as i knew it would be, running back by committee and take a wait and see approach as to which of the mediocre rbs will emerge.

Moss or Javon on our team would make us the favorite to come out of the NFC. Without them, i doubt we can beat the Cowboys in the playoffs if they are at their best and we are at our best. Im not saying i dont like JJ and Jennings. They are Packers and i love them of course even when run the wrong routes because of inexperience, drop balls and fumble twice in a row.

He got our defense set for a while. He got 2 decent receivers to build with. The team is young and is nowhere near their potential. I just wanted a better replacement for Poopinga, Moss, vet RB, TE, safety.

Bigby has emerged and our TE's have done more than fine.

I hope to hell TT proves me wrong. By the way, just because i am critical of a move TT makes or fails to make doesnt mean i dont want him here. Other than 4 or 5 things, i think he has done a perfect job.

Im a perfectionist, sue me