Ravens week 2017

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Green Bay is not overly dependent on Aaron Rodgers. In 2015, we had Rodgers all year, but the absence of #87 completely screwed up our passing game. It was crystal clear we need Jordy Nelson no matter who the QB is. I have seen everything - can't run, can't pass, can't catch, you name it. If you only watch Packers games, you are just learning what I have known for a long time and struggling to deal with what I am used to seeing.

You really don't think the Packers are not overly dependent on Aaron Rodgers? OK?

While I agree that in 2015 the Packers and AR missed Jordy, I don't see how you can put their loss to the team on the same level. Packers were 10-6 without Jordy. They might be lucky to get 2-3 wins without AR.

It was crystal clear we need Jordy Nelson no matter who the QB is.

Jordy has been playing every week since AR went down. 68 yds and 0 TD's in 3 games, how good is Jordy making Hundley look and vice versa?

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay is not overly dependent on Aaron Rodgers. In 2015, we had Rodgers all year, but the absence of #87 completely screwed up our passing game. It was crystal clear we need Jordy Nelson no matter who the QB is. I have seen everything - can't run, can't pass, can't catch, you name it. If you only watch Packers games, you are just learning what I have known for a long time and struggling to deal with what I am used to seeing.
Denial! Facts are facts and you can't deny the obvious. It is a FACT that we cut Justin Harrell a few months after we won the Superbowl in 2010, and we have not been back since.

You do the math.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Denial! Facts are facts and you can't deny the obvious. It is a FACT that we cut Justin Harrell a few months after we won the Superbowl in 2010, and we have not been back since.

You do the math.
I tried to give that 5 "funnies" but sadly it would only allow me 1.....so here you go....

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I remember that. Just saying it is not all about Rodgers because we had more problems in 2015 than we do now.
4-1 and widely considered a Super Bowl contender with Aaron Rodgers to 1-4 and looking totally discombobulated without him seems to suggest that yes, the Packers are entirely too dependent on #12.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
4-1 and widely considered a Super Bowl contender with Aaron Rodgers to 1-4 and looking totally discombobulated without him seems to suggest that yes, the Packers are entirely too dependent on #12.

A good term to describe a Rodgerless Packer team......"discombobulated"

I put that on TT and the coaches. TT for almost ignoring the offense in the draft in the last 6 drafts, along with whiffing on too many picks. The coaches for not coaching up guys he does draft, Hundley included. This is Hundley's 3rd year in the system, but maybe I expected too much from a guy who was supposedly too good to be traded away.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any given Sunday.
Any given season.

Don't despair fellow Packers fans.
We can win this.

Are you out of your gourd?
No. I'm a fan and that's what a fan does.
Believes in the team they are rooting for.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you hit on the problem with the Packers defense within the context of your comment. The Packer defense seems to always bend quite a bit between the 20's and then try to rely on clamping down and keeping the other team out of the endzone or get a little lucky and get a turnover. While this can work and it sort of did against a weak offense like Bears, it can also bite you in the butt. When you keep giving up 3rd and longs because you missed a tackle or blew an assignment, or you bend too much and the other team finds the endzone too often, if your offense can't keep up, you are done.

I don't have an answer for how to change this, but watching this defense over the years, they are no longer the "Bend but don't break" defense that is required to win games. Too often they appear to be the "Bending over and grabbing our ankles" defense.
It also does the offense no favors in the field position or time of possession game. When we had Rodgers, it was easier to overcome that, but now the offense needs to get favorable field position and they need to control the Time of possession (something that they had in the Bears game) The bend.. don't break defense is definitely counterproductive to that end.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A good term to describe a Rodgerless Packer team......"discombobulated"

I put that on TT and the coaches. TT for almost ignoring the offense in the draft in the last 6 drafts, along with whiffing on too many picks. The coaches for not coaching up guys he does draft, Hundley included. This is Hundley's 3rd year in the system, but maybe I expected too much from a guy who was supposedly too good to be traded away.

Give Ted Thompson credit for fixing the RB position. Three RBs in one draft is unreal. And he apparently found our RB of the future in El Paso, Texas. Wow. As for the TE position, it was widely reported Jared Cook's agent overestimated his value, so he did not think Thompson was offering enough money when the contract offer did match his production. It was described as pricing himself out of Green Bay.Are you going to fault Thompson for not overpaying him?

The two areas where I am mad at Thompson are making no attempt to retain T.J. Lang, a Pro Bowler who wanted to retire in Green Bay, and not drafting a good QB to back up Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully this season is teaching him he can't wait until Rodgers is almost 40 to draft a QB.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they had signed Cook to his 8 million per year and he sat in the training room for half a season like last year, you bet your *** people would have been hounding Ted for overpaying for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The two areas where I am mad at Thompson are making no attempt to retain T.J. Lang, a Pro Bowler who wanted to retire in Green Bay,

Appears TT made some solid moves in the way of starters at Guard with Taylor and Evans, while saving the Packers a lot of money. I think his bigger mistake was not have enough proven depth on the OL, but he has somewhat proven me wrong there with a few of the guys who have come on and played.

and not drafting a good QB to back up Aaron Rodgers.

I think the mistake wasn't really with Hundley himself, who knows, he may end up being good with a lot more experience. I would say the mistake was more of the same as the ones TT has made at other positions, backing up AR with a guy that wasn't ready to make a difference in games that counted, especially when doing so was needed to keep your team in contention. Had Hundley been drafted by a non-contender, who knows how good he might have become by playing a season or 2. I've been saying it for a long time, when you have a Super Bowl contender with heavy reliance on a QB like AR, you are better off having a vet backing him up, someone who can step right in and use his experience to try and scratch out a few wins while AR heals.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they had signed Cook to his 8 million per year and he sat in the training room for half a season like last year, you bet people would have been hounding Ted for overpaying for him.

Jared Cook was good enough to earn anot6her year in Green Bay. I am not so sure about being worth $8 million assuming he would play all 16 games.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
hindsight is so 20/20.....as people (including me) have mentioned, I don't recall anyone thinking Marty B wasn't an upgrade over Cook at the time. Toss in the signing of Kendricks and the Packers looked fully loaded and stocked at TE. I liked Cook, but I totally loved the idea of a trio of Marty-Lance-Richard.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appears TT made some solid moves in the way of starters at Guard with Taylor and Evans, while saving the Packers a lot of money. I think his bigger mistake was not have enough proven depth on the OL, but he has somewhat proven me wrong there with a few of the guys who have come on and played.

I think the mistake wasn't really with Hundley himself, who knows, he may end up being good with a lot more experience. I would say the mistake was more of the same as the ones TT has made at other positions, backing up AR with a guy that wasn't ready to make a difference in games that counted, especially when doing so was needed to keep your team in contention. Had Hundley been drafted by a non-contender, who knows how good he might have become by playing a season or 2. I've been saying it for a long time, when you have a Super Bowl contender with heavy reliance on a QB like AR, you are better off having a vet backing him up, someone who can step right in and use his experience to try and scratch out a few wins while AR heals.

Brett Hundley is in his third season. If he was simply not ready to play and could fix all of his problems with more time, I would rather blame the OC and QB coach than the guy who drafted him. But what were we really expecting in a fifth round pick?

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hindsight is so 20/20.....as people (including me) have mentioned, I don't recall anyone thinking Marty B wasn't an upgrade over Cook at the time. Toss in the signing of Kendricks and the Packers looked fully loaded and stocked at TE. I liked Cook, but I totally loved the idea of a trio of Marty-Lance-Richard.

I wanted a Bennett/Cook TE set. That would have been awesome if Bennett did not have a mysterious shoulder injury.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jared Cook was good enough to earn anot6her year in Green Bay. I am not so sure about being worth $8 million assuming he would play all 16 games.
but that is the point... nobody said he wasn't good enough.... but overpaying would have been stupid.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For 5 or so million a year I'd have signed Cook back too. I didn't dislike him at all. He proved he could be here. I would not have been upset had we signed him in the least. My initial reaction with Bennett was this could be a game changer. and then Kendricks added and rodgers still here. Obviously I was right as usual on that one LOL

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
In all honesty guys, I really did not find Cook that valuable. I think everyone was blinded by the, “he gave it to Jared” play. He played in 10 games, caught 30 of 51 passes, 377 yards and one TD, and was not a huge impact in the blocking game either. You could expect the same production out of Lance Kendricks who is 9/14 and 145 yards with Brett Hundley throwing him the ball 1/2 the season and unfortunately didn’t get a lot of air time with that loser on the roster. Sure looking back now, Jared would have been nice insurance because no one on the planet besides maybe John Fox knew what we were getting with that liar. Not going to blame Ted for that move at all.

Reaction score
We need all hands on deck. I'm hoping Ahmad Brooks and Monty both are able to play. Ahmad obviously isn't a game changer but he does have ability to help this pass rush. CM3 needs to step it up about 3 notches we could use a sack fumble or a little help for once.