Ravens week 2017

Meiiko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will come down to our run game, defensive/pass rush pressure on Flacco and Hundley converting on 3rd and longs. Flacco is INT prone so looking for defense to grab a few picks.

GB 23, Ravens 17. #gopackgo

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery has a major issue staying healthy, as does most of the team for that matter, it’s time to move on if he can only be relied on to play half of the season!

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Montgomery has a major issue staying healthy, as does most of the team for that matter, it’s time to move on if he can only be relied on to play half of the season!

Maybe you need to pay more attention to other teams and compare 32 injury reports every week. I never got the impression Green Bay is more banged up than anyone else.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Even if he were healthy, I'm not so sure that we wouldn't be seeing Williams starting ahead of him. Jones already passed him on the depth chart and Williams is not far behind, if he hasn't already.

I had my concerns at the end of last year that Monty couldn't stay healthy at RB but also that he really wasn't all that good, except if he had a clear hole to run through. I will say, his long run against the Bears did impress me, he actually seemed to use his eyes, shift directions and find a hole that he may not have found earlier in his career.

I won't be surprised to see Monty used more as WR in the future and maybe lining him up in the backfield to keep defenses guessing. I do hope that MM has removed both him and Cobb from the playbook on third and short situations.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if he were healthy, I'm not so sure that we wouldn't be seeing Williams starting ahead of him. Jones already passed him on the depth chart and Williams is not far behind, if he hasn't already.

I had my concerns at the end of last year that Monty couldn't stay healthy at RB but also that he really wasn't all that good, except if he had a clear hole to run through. I will say, his long run against the Bears did impress me, he actually seemed to use his eyes, shift directions and find a hole that he may not have found earlier in his career.

I won't be surprised to see Monty used more as WR in the future and maybe lining him up in the backfield to keep defenses guessing. I do hope that MM has removed both him and Cobb from the playbook on third and short situations.

When Ty Montgomery moved to RB because we ran out of healthy ball carriers, he liked it better than being a WR. During the offseason he said he was acting on instincts because the job was new to him. I think having the body of a WR made it hard for him. Eddie Lacy could make plays Montgomery can't because he is a power runner. But considering the circumstances, I liked Mike McCarthy's decision to go with #88 in the backfield when he had the hot legs.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we only see a small sample of Mays in the backfield this week. I predict Jamaal will get a heavy dose 20+ touches with a mix of Cobb and Rip in backfield we probably wont see as much Mays as some are saying. I say 2-3 carries if that. Maybe only a few plays to see how his pass protection is, at 5"10 230+ he should hold his own in there but who knows. My prediction 17-14 with Jamaal leading the way with 80+ yds and a TD. Hundley throws Adams a TD but I see him throwing another INT. But I have a feeling Flacco throws a int to House.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you need to pay more attention to other teams and compare 32 injury reports every week. I never got the impression Green Bay is more banged up than anyone else.
I agree about the whole team... not sure I would continue to rely on Montgomery though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 23
Ravens 13

Perry: 2 sacks, 2 TFL
Hundley: 266 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT
Williams: 110 rushing, 40 receiving
Adams: 140 yards, 2 TD
Martinez: 1 INT

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we only see a small sample of Mays in the backfield this week. I predict Jamaal will get a heavy dose 20+ touches with a mix of Cobb and Rip in backfield we probably wont see as much Mays as some are saying. I say 2-3 carries if that. Maybe only a few plays to see how his pass protection is, at 5"10 230+ he should hold his own in there but who knows. My prediction 17-14 with Jamaal leading the way with 80+ yds and a TD. Hundley throws Adams a TD but I see him throwing another INT. But I have a feeling Flacco throws a int to House.

I really liked what I saw of Williams. Ran hard and with authority. He ran mean.

H

HardRightEdge

So the packers DO have more injured players than the ravens, thanks
Maybe, maybe not. We'll have to see the inactive list for this week. That was not the case last week. The Ravens have had a lot of injuries this season as that piece indicates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Both Ahmad Brooks and Joe Thomas were back at full capacity in practice this week.
One has contributed more as pass rusher while the other is pretty quick in 3rd and long. Let’s hope both veterans are back as this will help our Defense keep fresh this week.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Six Ravens are questionable and one Raven is doubtful. Four Packers are out excluding players on injured reserve. Do we have any questionable or doubtful players this week?
Didn’t know you were not taking guys on injured reserve in account, as they are indeed injured as the name of that list would suggest.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Both Ahmad Brooks and Joe Thomas were back at full capacity in practice this week.
One has contributed more as pass rusher while the other is pretty quick in 3rd and long. Let’s hope both veterans are back as this will help our Defense keep fresh this week.

I got all excited there for a moment when I read "Joe Thomas".....I was thinking, did he heal up, the Browns released him and the Packers got him? But yeah....."that Joe Thomas".....meh.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts