Ravens week 2017

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't expect many defensive stats like sacks and passes defensed as I expect a contained pass rush to stop the run. They should be selling out again this week to force Flaccid to pass the ball. One-on-one press pass defense should be the rule. Stack the box time again. Really need Morgan on the field. Maybe even see the base defense for more than a cameo appearance.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens are a carbon copy of the Bears. We'll beat them at home this Sunday and the Rams will beat the Vikes 38 to 28. I don't know who the Lions play but they'll lose.. :)

Early end of season prediction:
Pack 10 and 6
Vikes 10 and 6 (we win the tie breaker)
Lions 9 and 7
Bears 7 and 9

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens are a carbon copy of the Bears. We'll beat them at home this Sunday and the Rams will beat the Vikes 38 to 28. I don't know who the Lions play but they'll lose.. :)

Pack 10 and 6
Lions 9 and 7
Bears 7 and 9

Lions got the Bears in Chi Town so a melt down is bound to happen but it didn't against the Browns so expect a 2 game cushion for the bad guys.. One game at a time. No playoff talk just Ravens and then move on..

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions got the Bears in Chi Town so a melt down is bound to happen but it didn't against the Browns so expect a 2 game cushion for the bad guys.. One game at a time. No playoff talk just Ravens and then move on..

Conversely, no draft talk either. Until next week, I only care about the Ravens game.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Ha Ha Clinton Dix still play for the Packers? I don't even remember the last time I heard his name during a broadcast.

Tottenham Raven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect many defensive stats like sacks and passes defensed as I expect a contained pass rush to stop the run. They should be selling out again this week to force Flaccid to pass the ball. One-on-one press pass defense should be the rule. Stack the box time again. Really need Morgan on the field. Maybe even see the base defense for more than a cameo appearance.

Ravens fan here. Its really eye opening to see how our big contract QB puts absolutely no fear in opposing fans. He's certainly a frustrating topic of conversation for Ravens fans. Believe it or not, there's still some Flacco apologists amongst the Ravens Fanbase. That number is definitely getting smaller by the game.

Tottenham Raven

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pack 10 and 6
Lions 9 and 7
Bears 7 and 9

"Carbon copy of the Bears" seems accurate. As a Ravens fan all I can do is put my head down at the thought of our big contract QB being put in the same conversation as Mitch Trubisky.

Tottenham Raven

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does Ha Ha Clinton Dix still play for the Packers? I don't even remember the last time I heard his name during a broadcast.
I just realized I haven't heard his name mentioned all year. As a Ravens fan, I don't watch many Packers games, but I feel last year and the year before he was showing up in highlight reels from time to time.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its really eye opening to see how our big contract QB puts absolutely no fear in opposing fans.

I can do is put my head down at the thought of our big contract QB being put in the same conversation as Mitch Trubisky.

Ffs, I just realized you play Flacco more than we pay Rodgers :eek: ......And he's expected to beat his career lowest yard stat...barely! :roflmao:

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens fan here. Its really eye opening to see how our big contract QB puts absolutely no fear in opposing fans. He's certainly a frustrating topic of conversation for Ravens fans. Believe it or not, there's still some Flacco apologists amongst the Ravens Fanbase. That number is definitely getting smaller by the game.

I expect the Packers to win, but Ravens fans will probably be glad they don't have Brett Hundley.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need all hands on deck. I'm hoping Ahmad Brooks and Monty both are able to play. Ahmad obviously isn't a game changer but he does have ability to help this pass rush. CM3 needs to step it up about 3 notches we could use a sack fumble or a little help for once.

Do people actually call Ty Montgomery Monty or is that just a board thing?

I hope he can play too.

H

HardRightEdge

I just realized I haven't heard his name mentioned all year. As a Ravens fan, I don't watch many Packers games, but I feel last year and the year before he was showing up in highlight reels from time to time.
He's playing a lot of centerfield to prevent long plays on blown coverages so he's just not on screen very often. He's doing less work up in the box this year; he used to get more looks close to the line when Burnett wasn't injured or not playing ILB.

He didn't make many plays on the ball last year either; he just happened to be standing where a couple of air mailed balls hit him in the chest getting him up to 5 INTs. He's statistically on track to match last years tackles and PDs. He needs a half sack and one forced fumble to match last year's numbers.

Frankly, I did not see a Pro Bowl season last year unless safety play in the NFC was especially mediocre and he got in by default. Frankly, I don't think when voters consider safeties after a couple of obvious choices they look past the INT count.

Clinton-Dix is a steady, assignment sure player. He's been calling the D signals when Burnett was out. He doesn't give up anything in the deep middle. He has good ball skills. Teams don't thrown much his way when he's in high double-team. He's just not a play maker on any consistent basis.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can slow down the Bears offense on the road, we can slow down Ravens enough to win this one at home, especially coming off a big win with momentum. Their passing offense has been...less than good.

Packers: 23
Ravens: 17

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fellas, I’ll fill you in on what it takes to be a winner. 5 little words will make the difference in this game, whoever has the largest “volume of pad level integrity” will be victorious. Just a tid bit of knowledge from a highly successful nfl coach.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If they had signed Cook to his 8 million per year and he sat in the training room for half a season like last year, you bet your *** people would have been hounding Ted for overpaying for him.
I would’ve been one of them. No way Cook is worth 8M a year. He’s just not that good a player.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That would be Graham Harrell, he was just a FA bust....nothing to worry about.

Justin Harrell on the other hand was a 1st round (#16) big time bust.
And still one of Thompson’s biggest mistakes imo.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Fellas, I’ll fill you in on what it takes to be a winner. 5 little words will make the difference in this game, whoever has the largest “volume of pad level integrity” will be victorious. Just a tid bit of knowledge from a highly successful nfl coach.

What about "Volume of Rush Lane Integrity"? Don't we need that too? :confused:

Members online

Latest posts