Raiders potentially parting ways with Lamont Jordan?

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/20/SPOBTGA1K.DTL

I guess I'm normally not one to post threads like this, but the Raiders could be parting ways with Jordan. Do you think it's not out of the realm of possibility the Packers might take a look at him?

With Grant spraining his ankle and potentially not going to be 100%. A veteran RB like Jordan might not be a bad addition for the stretch run of the season. (assuming the Raiders would cut him) He'd certainly be no worse than Morency or Jackson in my opinion.

I'm not even sure Jordan would fit our style of running game, but I think it wouldn't hurt for the Packers to at least take a look at him if he is indeed cut.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol does anyone know what our style of running is? cos as far as i can see Morency and Grant are completely different players!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaMount would be a nice add but the real question is whether Corey Williams, Colin Cole and Ryan Pickett can afford him.

?????

I say bring him up. He was having a great season before Kiffin benched him due to his back injury. The Raiders have sucked since then (they were winning there divison in the beginnning of the year.)

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I liked the guy. I'm not exactly sure what happened to him and why he's being considered for a cut. He's was like the number 2 rated running back for the first part of the season. Must be some personal conflicts or something.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LaMont is a downhill runner who can catch the ball.

I don't know if he fits the scheme. He's kind of like Ahman Green, except chunkier and nowhere near as shifty.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People...

As I've said before. If he can't cut it in Oakland he can't cut it period.

He's just not very good.

Edit- Add on top of that that you just should NOT have 4 RB's on the roster at the same time. They'd probably have to IR Morency to make room for Jordan.

I suppose Jordan would be as good if not better option than Morency. He'd at least be healthy. Grant would still be the lead back, but Jordan could be our 3rd down man, which I'd imagine would be a pretty decent advantage.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
People...

Randy Moss couldn't cut it in Oakland. His numbers were horrible there.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
People...

Randy Moss couldn't cut it in Oakland. His numbers were horrible there.

Kerry Collins had one of his better years in '05 with Moss. He still went 1,000 yards+ in his first year there.

It's not his fault he had Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks and Maques Tuiasosopo throwing him the ball. Those are some horrific QBs.

Members online

Latest posts