Doubs Ceiling/Potential

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the trade deadline passing without a move was disappointing. This is especially disheartening as it was documented that Jerry Jeudy could have been had for a 2nd and a 5th. I believe he will finish with his first 1,000+ yard season this year and be a perennial Pro Bowler (or alternate) going forward and may make 1 or 2 All Pro teams (1st or 2nd) honestly.

I view Jeudy as a bigger, better version of Greg Jennings. Maybe even closer to a Chad Johnson (Ocho Cinco) if he can get his stuff together. Jeudy will be very good. I think him and the other JJ from 2020, Justin Jefferson, will be VERY, VERY good. BTW, Jefferson already is.

That addressed, what do you all think Doubs is capable of? I compared him to a taller, faster James Jones earlier this year.... and I still believe that that is his ceiling.

So, if everything goes right, Doubs is a very very good WR2 that can get you 800 - 1000 yards, about 8 touchdowns, etc. Good route runner and body control. I think Doubs can be very good, he's just not really a true WR1.

Thoughts on Doubs?

Watkins has been a huge disappointment. 8 games in and 8 rec, 64 yards is terrible production. I know he has a rushing touchdown and he has been injured, but part of your J-O-B as an NFL player is availability. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Sammy has proven that he just can't stay healthy, might as well give Toure more reps

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are things I like, but I'd be disappointed if he's the undisputed #2 going into next year. Way too inconsistent. I'm good with Watson as the #1, find an updgrade at #2, I wouldn't hate it if he was our #3.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are things I like, but I'd be disappointed if he's the undisputed #2 going into next year. Way too inconsistent. I'm good with Watson as the #1, find an updgrade at #2, I wouldn't hate it if he was our #3.

Personally I envision us entering next year with no undisputed WR formally in the WR1 / WR2 / WR3 spots.

Yes Watson has the inside track at 1, Doubs inside track at 2 but neither has done enough and laid down enough time to lock it in. I envision another top 100 WR draft pick coming our way honestly to add to the mix.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I said it elsewhere but very broadly speaking I would say Doubs’ ceiling currently looks like a 2 but his play this year was more like a low-end 3. And that’s not bad for a rookie in his circumstance so I’m not hating, but it is what it is. He would be a third or more likely fourth choice option at best on most contending teams.

That said he has plenty of room to grow and there’s certainly been some promise. Now if we approach this season with him “planned” as the de facto 2 I think that’s a mistake. I have Watson penciled in as the 1 but for now I’d want us to consider Doubs a 3 at best with the hopes that he blossoms into a #2 option and in the meantime we acquire a legitimate second option after Watson.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs showed the potential to be a very good receiver but he's too weak for the NFL right now and that really hurt his play against physical corners and left him unable to make contested reception. If Doubs can gain strength during the offseason and become physical enough to be a reliable NFL receiver then I think he can absolutely be a good #2 receiver in the NFL.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I envision us entering next year with no undisputed WR formally in the WR1 / WR2 / WR3 spots.

Yes Watson has the inside track at 1, Doubs inside track at 2 but neither has done enough and laid down enough time to lock it in. I envision another top 100 WR draft pick coming our way honestly to add to the mix.
I hope not. IMO too many other needs to go WR before day 3. They have to hope the 3 rookies from last year improve and that they get lucky with a middle of the road guy in FA. IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see it, but all things being equal, I'd rather see RT, DL/edge, Safety, TE, then WR and RB
But hey, high round, no high round prosepcts left at that position, it's not like we couldn't add a good WR to this roster.

Members online

Latest posts