Preseason ranking

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
USA today put out its preseason rankings in (I'll plug it for them) NFL 2010 FORECAST available on newstands now! and I thought I would share how they ranked the 32 teams.

1. Colts
2. Saints
3. Ravens
4. Jets
5. Cowboys
6. Vikings
7. Patriots
8. Packers
9. Chargers
10. Falcons
11. Bengals
12. Eagles
13. Texans
14. Dolphins
15. 49ers
16. Titans
17. Cardinals
18. Steelers
19. Giants
20. Bears
21. Redskins
22. Panthers
23. Broncos
24. Seahawks
25. Chiefs
26. Jaguars
27. Lions
28. Raiders
29. Browns
30. Bucaneers
31. Bills
32. Rams

Thoughts?

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow i cant believe the jets are so high on this list, they were 9-7 last year and would not even have made the playoffs if the colts played their starters at the end of the season. i know they got to the championship game but still.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
jets are going to be very good..look at everything they did in offseason and the draft

Wonder if we all knew that Brett was TRULY done, would the viks be that high?

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are always rated higher than they should be. I know they may be talented but people are overlooking their loss to the Minnesota Vikings waaayyy too much. If you're team is down by 30 with barely a chance to come back then that team has serious issues. If you ask me the Cowboys did nothing this offseason to fix them and they still may be the same team coming back.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow i cant believe the jets are so high on this list.....i know they got to the championship game but still.
Well they did get to the AFC Title game, with a rookie QB. As TT says about our young guys, you'd expect them to get better. That's true of their QB.

Plus they added him a new toy in Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes to go along with 2007 Pro Bowl WR Braylon Edwards. They added him a declining but still dangerous LaDanian Tomlinson. They have an emerging superstar RB in Sean Greene.

They also added a proven pass rusher in Jason Taylor, a top-ten cover corner in Antonio Cromartie, and they drafted Kyle Wilson at CB, a guy many thought would be a top 15 pick.

I don't understand why they have the Ravens ahead of the Jets, and ahead of us. And what did Dallas do to get better than us? We smothered them last year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy with 8 but no one has played a game so how can someone judge a team?
Nobody is "judging" here. It's a ranking. An opinion. A guess. Or a prediction.
Not scripture or a law-binding piece of legislation.

I think we better end up higher than 8th.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
The lions and Bears should be switched, The Vikings and Packers would be switched depending on if Favre returns. The Eagles should be a bit lower about on par with the Cardinals. The Ravens, Chargers and Cowboys are a bit too high to be so sure about. But then again I remember the Packers being really high, and its only preseason guesses.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Im with RS on the Ravens, they didn't impress last year. Also the cowgirls should NOT be higher than Vikes or Packers, since we both made them look like preschoolers out there. We almost shut them out for damn sake.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason rankings carry as much weight as the Vikings trophy case.

The Packers will play for Championship #13, and will beat San Diego for the Lombardi.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I can live with this prediction. It's good enough. The only one that made me raise my eyebrows was the Ravens.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok then :) How can you predic were we are when no one has seen anyone play?
You can predict anything, anytime.
You can bet on almost anything, anytime.

Even if we've had 3 regular season games, predicting the week 4 winners is still a crapshoot, but that doesn't stop people from making predictions.

It's never too early.
For God's sake, we saw 2011 Mock Drafts the day after the 2010 draft last month!

Everything is a guess, but fun speculation!

I predict if TT adds a competant CB and OLB to the roster, we will go to and win the Super Bowl, barring key untimely injuries!

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of people feel that acquiring Boldin is giving the Ravens an offense, which is most likely why they are ranked so high.

personally, i dont agree...

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point.
Boldin will have that offense and Joe Flacco a lot.
I never liked Donte Stallworth much, but he's a decent #4 WR.

While their offense is getting better, theoretically, I believe their defense is getting worse with Ed Reed getting banged up all the time and almost retiring, Ray Lewis another step slower. But they did just replentish their defense in the draft with some nice picks.

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jets are going to be very good..look at everything they did in offseason and the draft

Wonder if we all knew that Brett was TRULY done, would the viks be that high?

yes the jets look good on paper. but so do the redskins every year lol.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good point.
Boldin will have that offense and Joe Flacco a lot.
I never liked Donte Stallworth much, but he's a decent #4 WR.

While their offense is getting better, theoretically, I believe their defense is getting worse with Ed Reed getting banged up all the time and almost retiring, Ray Lewis another step slower. But they did just replentish their defense in the draft with some nice picks.

Joe Flacco had some really good games last season early in the season, 3 of his first 6 games last season were great, then he seemed to fall off. I wonder how much of an impact the WRs will have but I like the moves. Ozzie is an excellent GM, no doubt about it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Flacco had some really good games last season early in the season, 3 of his first 6 games last season were great, then he seemed to fall off. I wonder how much of an impact the WRs will have but I like the moves. Ozzie is an excellent GM, no doubt about it.
He'll be better, but I just don't buy Flacco as an elite QB. When defenses started gameplanning for him, he fell apart...

They got better when they went to the running game.

I think he's more capable of doing what Eli did for the Giants than Sanchez is for the Jets.

But Eli had much more chemistry with his receivers, specially Burress...

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a really, really hard time buying the RAVENS so high...

They really didn't impress me last year...

Its strictly because of the Boldin addition.

I think the Pats are ranked too high, theyve lost their flair and appeal.

We could argue every single team on that list lol....

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the schedule is worrisome, but thats why they play the games. It will come down to gameplans over the next 2-3 seasons, not the players. The players are here, the gameplans have been lacking at times.
If we can shore up the mistakes and the missed opportunities, then I think we can NOT ONLY beat, but downright BULLY any team we face this year.
Everyone waiting for "That" team, guess what, we are here (and were here last season in the 2nd half). Now we just need to focus the players into playing the way they can.

If we arent at least competitive 2 rounds deep into the POs this season, I think the focus needs to shift from TT to MM.

Members online

Latest posts