Predict the final record competition 2019

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually amazed at how many fans think we will regress at either D or O or both combined.
I guess fans have become "gun-shy" after the last 2 seasons to the point of forgetting completely about the 9 seasons prior.
I'm actually pleasantly excited for GB this season. We have some serious talent on this team, we just need a smidge less injuries and we should be right in the mix all over again
I'm in complete agreement. I get wanting to be objective, but come on missing the playoffs 3 years in a row? I get we're learning a new offense and everything, but if there's any QB I know that can handle it, and get us back into the hunt, it's Rodgers.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in complete agreement. I get wanting to be objective, but come on missing the playoffs 3 years in a row? I get we're learning a new offense and everything, but if there's any QB I know that can handle it, and get us back into the hunt, it's Rodgers.
The last time Rodgers was good, Despacito was atop Billboard charts and Hacksaw Ridge was nominated for best picture. At 35 going on 36 in December he is clearly regressing. Throw in a new offense, a tough schedule and a defense that still can't tackle and it's a recipe for mediocrity, starting Thursday with a loss to the Bears thanks in part to our starters getting next to no playing time in the preseason and Rodgers not even taking a snap.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time Rodgers was good, Despacito was atop Billboard charts and Hacksaw Ridge was nominated for best picture. At 35 going on 36 in December he is clearly regressing. Throw in a new offense, a tough schedule and a defense that still can't tackle and it's a recipe for mediocrity, starting Thursday with a loss to the Bears thanks in part to our starters getting next to no playing time in the preseason and Rodgers not even taking a snap.
Define your definition of good. Because last year Rodgers still played "good" compared to other QBs. It's the Lebron James effect. We're so used to seeing Rodgers play at a high level that if he dips off just a tad, people think he's on the decline. Just because Rodgers missed the playoffs two years in a row due to injury, he's regressing now?

Let's not hit the panic button yet alright? Should Rodgers end up having an MVP season you guys are going to be singing a different tune.

And you're certain The Bears are going to win Thursday? I wouldn't bet on that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need to know your prediction on when the Packers will be eliminated from contention (tie breaker #1)

If 16-0 is your official prediction, need to know your tie breaker predictions.

Need your tie breaker predictions please. :tup:

Will lose NFC Championship, on a Crosby missed field goal from round 45 yards.

Reaction score
One of our biggest weaknesses last year was the pocket collapsing from the inside out. I'll be interested to see if MFL runs more plays to get the ball out of Rodgers hands quick and early.

Also I think we would be wise to see more protection sets (a FB, 2 HB, 2 TE, etc..). Particular during the first quarter, when the Bears D is fresh.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of our biggest weaknesses last year was the pocket collapsing from the inside out. I'll be interested to see if MFL runs more plays to get the ball out of Rodgers hands quick and early.
And if Rodgers audibles out of them lol.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm actually amazed at how many fans think we will regress at either D or O or both combined.
I guess fans have become "gun-shy" after the last 2 seasons to the point of forgetting completely about the 9 seasons prior.
I'm actually pleasantly excited for GB this season. We have some serious talent on this team, we just need a smidge less injuries and we should be right in the mix all over again
You are right that the Packers have elite talent at key positions. Unfortunately, they also have massive holes that will be easily exploited. Teams are only as strong as their weakest link. Given the lack of quality depth at most position groups, the usual parade of injuries will heighten Gutes string of bad off-season moves.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right that the Packers have elite talent at key positions. Unfortunately, they also have massive holes that will be easily exploited. Teams are only as strong as their weakest link. Given the lack of quality depth at most position groups, the usual parade of injuries will heighten Gutes string of bad off-season moves.
You mean like every other team?

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
9-6
Conference Championship
10th
8th
Please update your record prediction based on 16 games.
19-0 and we knock the '72 Dolphins off their perch... or, at least tell them to move the F over....
Friendly reminder to include your three tie breaker predicitions
12-4 Superbowl victory
Need tie breaker #'s 2 and 3.
11-5
Super Bowl
Offense #10
Defense #13
Just to clarify, you're predicting a SB loss? Never would've pegged you for a guy to predict the Packers would make it to the big dance only to lose. ;)

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Well...let me take a stab...

This is difficult for me, because the fan in me says that the Packers have made a bunch of headway defensively. Second year under Mike Pettine, with some veteran talent, and high draft capital, to a unit that got better as the season progressed last year. This has the makings to be the best defense Aaron Rodgers has had in years.

I've also always said that if Rodgers could be blessed with a top 10 defense the way that Tom Brady has been every single year he's won the Super Bowl, that Rodgers would do his thing and do his part to win more Super Bowls.

Aaron Rodgers + a top 10 defense = serious Super Bowl contention.

BUT...this offense is going to be quite different than what he's run for his NFL career. Logic would suggest that there will be a transition period. And I expect there to be, but a lot of times that transition period takes a full season.

I think a generational guy like Rodgers can speed that transition period up to less than a full season. Like many of alluded to, just how long will it take? 2 games? 4 games? half a season?

Additionally, the Packers don't have playmakers that have years of built up trust with Rodgers. But I don't think this offense will be as reliant upon trust to win your one on one matchups. If LaFleur proves to be great at scheming guys open and making Rodgers' job easi(er), things will start to flow. Rodgers obviously has the utmost trust in Davante. And seems to have good wavelength with Geronimo. And he's had a year to build up trust with MVS. Graham. etc. There aren't any rookie playmakers that Rodgers has to figure out.

One of the things working to the benefit of the Packers, in my opinion, is the schedule. Outside of the division, the toughest it gets is Kansas City on the road in late October. Then you've got the Chargers the week after, which with the uncertainties with Melvin Gordon and an aging Philip Rivers, they could be looking at a down year. Philly at home will be a challenge, but it will be at home in primetime on a short week. I think that favors the better of the two quarterbacks. Hopefully the offense is progressing at a decent rate by then.

The last 7 games of the season are as follows: Carolina (likely with a compromised Cam), San Francisco, New York Giants, Washington, and the three division opponents. This stretch of games as things appear right now really work to the benefit of the Packers, IMO. Plus, of those last three, we catch the Bears at home, the Vikings in primetime (Cousins will fold like a banquet chair), and the Lions (lol).

This prediction, like I alluded to earlier, is ultimately contingent on the trust that I have in Rodgers to deliver, along with having a defense that will be above average.

11-5 (slight struggles early, catching fire late)
TB1: Super Bowl champions
TB2: 7th
TB3: 14th

I would love to see us kick some Patriot *** in the Super Bowl, but something tells me it could be Kansas City's year. And that will come down to two really good offenses, but the difference will be that the Packers have the better defense, and the better quarterback.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't aware we weren't allowed to disagree with opinions we don't agree with. Sorry if you took it personal.
simple prediction...and I think u took it personally...huge fan here, but I see some new regime growing pains about to occur. If they win the SB I'll be thrilled.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
simple prediction...and I think u took it personally...huge fan here, but I see some new regime growing pains about to occur. If they win the SB I'll be thrilled.
Considering you replied in regards to me disagreeing with your prediction, I think it's fair to say you were the one that took it personal otherwise why comment about it? Hell people have marked me with an X regarding with my opinions and I never commented about it. I understand you're concerns, but I respectfully disagree. It's that simple. If it'll make you feel better I'll undo my disagreement mark.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering you replied in regards to me disagreeing with your prediction, I think it's fair to say you were the one that took it personal otherwise why comment about it? Hell people have marked me with an X regarding with my opinions and I never commented about it. I understand you're concerns, but I respectfully disagree. It's that simple. If it'll make you feel better I'll undo my disagreement mark.
I have this propensity to pick on a realism blind motif. I do it almost to want to be proven wrong. LOL. I would love to see this team do just that!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have this propensity to pick on a realism blind motif. I do it almost to want to be proven wrong. LOL. I would love to see this team do just that!
Still doesn't negate my point but fair enough.

Latest posts