Post SB Question

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Jaire Alexander cover Julian Edelman? If he can't we need to draft someone who can because he will likely be there the next time we get to the SB.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can Jaire Alexander cover Julian Edelman? If he can't we need to draft someone who can because he will likely be there the next time we get to the SB.

Edelman is 32 right now. Assuming the Packers make it back in 2 years, he has to have slowed down at 34, unless he's still taking PEDs. Jaire should be able to hang with him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers aren't scheduled to play the Patriots in the regular season again until 2022, planning that far out or even for the oft chance of a Super Bowl meeting, for one guy, wouldn't be the way I would build a team. Not too mention, the Packers in general need to have guys who can cover "Julian Edleman like guys" anyway.

Reaction score
I think the Rams 17th ranked scoring D did wonderous nearly shutting down a 4th ranked O.

I was surprised that everyone pretty much knew Edelman would be a primary target but he was loosely covered on many of his catches.
IMO. I believe Alexander 1 on 1 would’ve mitigated his performance to around 100 yards. Some of the catches would’ve been contested. I’m not sure that would’ve been enough to change the outcome though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think edelman's a problem because the way he's covered rather than who the cb covering him is. for some reason teams just let him run free. no one jams him at the line delaying/disturbing his route. you're allowed contact within 5 yards but no one touches him.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get the best players you can man.....there are better receivers than Edelman in the league. Let's try to make the playoffs first

LoafInIowa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scheme the defense to limit his touches & make someone else beat you, if it would come to this situation in a couple of years, but drafting just to cover one person, will only put us back in the same situation we were in before this season.

After all, that is what BB does with his defense, take away the best options the opponent has & make someone else beat you with their best game.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think Edelmlan will still be playing 30 years from now?

Just kidding, just kidding...! Even though I am in a fairly pessimistic mood these days. :(:poop:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You think Edelmlan will still be playing 30 years from now?

Just kidding, just kidding...! Even though I am in a fairly pessimistic mood these days. :(:poop:

I don't know, I tend to agree with you, Patriots won't sniff another Super Bowl for 30 years ;)

Members online

Latest posts