Possible wr trade targets?

H

HardRightEdge

Wait a minute! Why are you guys putting stock in a 33 year old wide receiver, when you guys were the same people that said Jordy was too old a few years back when I suggested we bring him back?
Good question. I'd like to hear those reasons because the idea of Sanders does not stike a chord.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wait a minute! Why are you guys putting stock in a 33 year old wide receiver, when you guys were the same people that said Jordy was too old a few years back when I suggested we bring him back?
I'm not one who thought Jordy was too old, actually I thought he had at least another year in him, but not under his current contract at the time. Remember, Jordy was cut, to save $10.2M (basically what Graham cost that year). I would have gladly seen him back on the roster for a lot less. While the Raiders gave him $15M for 2 years, I thought I remember reading he was willing to play for the Packers for less, but they showed no interest.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cutting taylor, turning the smith bros roster bonuses into signing bonuses, could get them around $12. so $14ish million.

they'd better have some hellacious luck in the draft.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The dude had better stats in his last year in Oakland than what Sanders put up this past year!

???

No, he didn't.

But more importantly, you could see that Jordy was done when you watched him in 2018. And this is pretty strongly supported by the reality that no one wanted him and he retired (which makes it a little weird that you're complaining about this).

Sanders pretty clearly demonstrated last year that he's still got it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
???

No, he didn't.

But more importantly, you could see that Jordy was done when you watched him in 2018. And this is pretty strongly supported by the reality that no one wanted him and he retired (which makes it a little weird that you're complaining about this).

Sanders pretty clearly demonstrated last year that he's still got it.
My bad! I forgot to take into account of his stats in Denver, and only looked at what he had in San Fran. And even then, while he did have a better season, it wasn't by that much.

As for Jordy, are you serious? He was with the freaking Raiders for crying out loud with Carr. Bet he would've had better receiving yards and stats if he was with Rodgers, especially considering they have great chemistry with one another. He wasn't done.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My bad! I forgot to take into account of his stats in Denver, and only looked at what he had in San Fran. And even then, while he did have a better season, it wasn't by that much.

As for Jordy, are you serious? He was with the freaking Raiders for crying out loud with Carr. Bet he would've had better receiving yards and stats if he was with Rodgers, especially considering they have great chemistry with one another. He wasn't done.

Which is evidenced by all the production he had after 2018, or...?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor Gabriel makes sense for a multitude of reasons:

1) He's the speedly slot we don't have.

2) He's familiar with LaFleur, and vise versa.

3) He was cut, so he won't figure into the comp pick situation.

4) He should be relatively affordable.

It would be the kind of move where it improves the WR room just because we don't have a player like him, but obviously we'd still need to add more players there in the draft.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We witness this every season. "How long do you hang on to a long time Packer that is either near the end of his career or has had injuries?" Very few of us like to see the Bulaga's, the Lang's, Jordy's, Matthew's, Cobb's, etc. get cut or not resigned, but its the nature of the business. Management has to make an educated guess as to when its time to move on. Sometime they nail it, sometimes they don't, but in the end the moves were made in an attempt to better the team and not just hang on for sentimental reasons.

I could be wrong, but I think Rodgers and Crosby are now the only 2 Packers left from the 2010 Super Bowl roster. Tramon Williams if he resigns.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Taylor Gabriel makes sense for a multitude of reasons:

1) He's the speedly slot we don't have.

2) He's familiar with LaFleur, and vise versa.

3) He was cut, so he won't figure into the comp pick situation.

4) He should be relatively affordable.

It would be the kind of move where it improves the WR room just because we don't have a player like him, but obviously we'd still need to add more players there in the draft.

Yes. Taylor Gabes. Make it happen.

The Bears gave him just over 6M in 2018. I would bet he could be had for 3-4 at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes. Taylor Gabes. Make it happen.

The Bears gave him just over 6M in 2018. I would bet he could be had for 3-4 at this point.

I am fully behind someone like Taylor Gabriel. I think he is the kind of receiver that the Packers can justify paying and would add the veteran slot guy that they really need. While his stats weren't that impressive with the Bears, he was playing with what I would term a less than average QB in Turdbisky the last 2 years.

You still use a top pick for a WR, but having a lineup like this gives me a lot more confidence in a receiving group that lacks a proven TE:
  • Adams
  • Gabriel
  • Lazard
  • Rookie
  • MVS
  • ESB

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Emmanuel Sanders would make for a great bridge player at wide receiver. I have assumed that he would be too expensive for my liking, but maybe if the market doesn't materialize he could be cheaper than expected?
He’s my favorite of the WRs left. Sign him to a one or two year deal, draft a WR high and develop him the right way. I’d be very happy if Gluten picked him up.

As for TE, there’s not much left in FA. Maybe Eifert or Ebron on a one year “prove it” deal. I wanted Hooper, but not at $11 mil year. Time for Jace to make the jump!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if those guys can stay healthy I think we'll get pretty good bang for the buck. In the end, it's really about stacking drafts.
That’s just the way it shook out this year, and Gluten played it about as well as he could. He’ll save a few bucks, and maybe these guys surprise to the upside.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
With most of FA in the books, here are the guys that I think could potentially available via trade and that I find interesting:
  • Keenan Allen: The Chargers are starting over at QB; Allen is entering a contract year; 27 years old; 10.5M cap hit, though could be lowered with extension.
  • John Brown: Potentially redundant to Diggs; entering age 30 season with two years left at just over 7M base; very productive in 2019; sickle cell issue.
  • Curtis Samuel: Panthers are entering a rebuild; current regime has no attachment to Samuel; gadget weapon type of receiver; entering contract year; redundant to D.J. Moore.
  • Kenny Stills: Deep ball receiver presumably traded for in season to replace ailing Will Fuller; entering contract year.
  • Dede Westbrook: Productive slot player entering contract year for a rebuilding team; recall rumors of him being something of a head case?
  • Adam Humphries: Chain moving slot; presumably signed to fit with offense pre QB switch; cap hits of 7M, 6.25M, and 8.25M next three seasons.
  • Dante Pettis: Has found himself in Shanahan's dog house; cheap and young.