Possible wr trade targets?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Hayden Hurst plus a 4th cost Atlanta a 2nd and a 5th. However, Hurst has been a better player more recently and has three years of control left. Njoku is entering a contract year.

So maybe a 3rd straight up? Or a 4th? Hard to say for sure.

If you can get Njoku to work out a contract in the trade a 3rd is 100% worth it!!! I'd argue even with the possibility of him being gone after one year he would be worth it. The dude is legit young talent.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My fault-- they didn't resign Bailey, but they are in contract talks with him. That's what I saw reported.

Rapoport reported that Harris could be had for a mid to late round pick. They most likely tagged him just to get some value out of him instead of letting him walk.

The Vikings getting Bailey would eat up even more of the cap. Right now over the cap says they have 11 million with a bunch of picks to sign. So moving Harris would make sense. A team would obviously need to work out an extension for him

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you can get Njoku to work out a contract in the trade a 3rd is 100% worth it!!! I'd argue even with the possibility of him being gone after one year he would be worth it. The dude is legit young talent.

It would be interesting to see what Njoku would demand for a next contract. Right now he has one good season under his belt and wont put up big numbers this year in Cleveland as he is way down the list for options on that offense

I would trade a 4th for him

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what Njoku would demand for a next contract. Right now he has one good season under his belt and wont put up big numbers this year in Cleveland as he is way down the list for options on that offense

I would trade a 4th for him

If Hurst went for a 2nd+ expect the same. I think we need that second rounder tho.

H

HardRightEdge

We're starting to get into "champagne tastes on a beer budget" territory.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're starting to get into "champagne tastes on a beer budget" territory.

Agreed. Hence why I think of any TEs left of substance Eifert could be the most bang for buck potentially. That injury track record may make him possible...but I suspect he is gonna get at minimum $3M at least a year I suspect.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Brandin Cooks is reportedly on the block.

He's a very capable player who brings elite speed and knows the offense already.

However, he's in danger of missing entire seasons with concussion issues and will cost 12M, 13M, and 14M over the next three seasons respectively.

I would say no, but he's worth a mention.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with those salaries and a concussion history, he might just be available later for whatever he can sign for.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you talking about Morgan Burnett? If you are, I don't see why you would want the Packers to even look at him. He tore his achilles in week 11, couldn't find a home in Pittsburgh on a 3 year deal, lasted 1 year. Couldn't find a home in Cleveland, lasting 1 year on a 2 year deal. The Packers already have Amos, Savage and Green and a few younger guys. Why would you sign a 31 year old that is coming off a major injury and has played only 2/5th's of his last 2 contracts?

I never said the Packers should look at him. I said he was probably still a mediocre starter in the league. The Packers have better.

H

HardRightEdge

Long range, it was the right move for Minnesota. But the fact remains that their roster is taking a beating this offseason, and losing Diggs is another big blow that a rookie isn't going to immediately make up for (and odds are, will never make up for).
Right. Diggs bellyached about not getting the ball enough. Then they started throwning him the ball more. Evidently there was friction with the QB and/or the coordinator. If he poisoned the well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

What I take issue with is statments like the following, with an utter lack of circumspection and conflating one trade with another:

Oh the Vikings won that trade insanely high...meanwhile that trade makes it look like Texans got a sweatshirt and a trainer by comparison.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Diggs bellyached about not getting the ball enough. Then they started throwning him the ball more. Evidently there was friction with the QB and/or the coordinator. If he poisoned the well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

What I take issue with is statments like the following, with an utter lack of circumspection and conflating one trade with another:

LOL I hear ya. It's how I see it however. The Diggs trade for a significantly inferior player netted the Vikings insanely more than the Hopkins trade, for a WR that IMO is Top 5 in the league presently. They literally got an overpaid RB that has underachieved since that contract and inherited it...and a second rounder. Diggs an inferior WR, with a HUGE head on a not as friendly contract in essence got the Vikings a 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 5th rounder and a 6th rounder and no bloated overpaid RB contract.

Sorry IMO there really is not better reasoning for ******* on the trade via comparisons. Now could Johnson ball out and show worth of his contract, sure. I'd argue even then he wasn't worth it. Shoot I think in long run us trading Aaron Jones and a 2nd for Hopkins would be fleecing Houston as we avoid overpaying a RB in an era of the league where that just hasn't panned out well for teams more than not...and we get Hopkins on an incredibly friendly contract for what like 3 seasons.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
we get Hopkins on an incredibly friendly contract for what like 3 seasons.

While I do think that as of now, it looks like Arizona got the better end of things, this has to play out further.

Maybe Diggs will want a new deal as well, but Andre Hopkins wants and is probably getting a new contract. I think when those numbers come in, Packer fans will realize that while it would be nice to have "this stud WR or that stud WR" next to Adams, you only have so much cap space and the Packers IMO would be nuts to spend that kind of money, as well as draft capital on a second WR. Trust me, I want the Packers to improve at WR, but not at the expense of all their other needs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I do think that as of now, it looks like Arizona got the better end of things, this has to play out further.

Maybe Diggs will want a new deal as well, but Andre Hopkins wants and is probably getting a new contract. I think when those numbers come in, Packer fans will realize that while it would be nice to have "this stud WR or that stud WR" next to Adams, you only have so much cap space and the Packers IMO would be nuts to spend that kind of money on a second WR. Trust me, I want the Packers to improve at WR, but not at the expense of all their other needs.

Oh for sure, with the new CBA however players have immensely less leverage in desiring restructures or contracts reworked. I concur though, IF Arizona does a new one for him I'm a little scared at what the number could be.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandin Cooks is reportedly on the block.

He's a very capable player who brings elite speed and knows the offense already.

However, he's in danger of missing entire seasons with concussion issues and will cost 12M, 13M, and 14M over the next three seasons respectively.

I would say no, but he's worth a mention.
At the right price I'd say he's worth a look, but he's not worth that much money.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
At the right price I'd say he's worth a look, but he's not worth that much money.

Well you're not going to get him to take less.

If a team said "we want you to take a discount because of concussions," he could easily reply "look around the league-- I'm already on a discount."

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooks is not gonna happen unless we cut Linsley or Taylor...and to me there are valid reasons to cut each...but that is not one of them IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I think the Rams would love to dump his contract given his stats last season but more importantly, his concussion history. While he has only missed 2 games due to concussions, his last one was his fifth (known) concussion in his six-year career, and the second within a 25 day span last year. All I can picture is Sam Shields and the last non-contact concussion that ended his season and time in Green Bay.

Cooks is really talented, but a walking time bomb for possibly having to give up football sooner rather than later. If he was a Free Agent and willing to sign a deal that reflects that fact, I would say he is worth the risk. However, he isn't a FA, the Rams will want something for him and he has 4 years left on a pretty expensive contract given his medicals.

All that said, if I read his contract correctly, he will "only" cost a new team $8M this season, since the Rams are now (3/15) on the hook for his $4M roster bonus. So if his concussions don't scare you and the Rams are willing to take a later round pick, he might be worth the risk. I just can't see the Rams "giving him away" though. His dead cap would be around $21M if traded or cut.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL I hear ya. It's how I see it however. The Diggs trade for a significantly inferior player netted the Vikings insanely more than the Hopkins trade, for a WR that IMO is Top 5 in the league presently. They literally got an overpaid RB that has underachieved since that contract and inherited it...and a second rounder. Diggs an inferior WR, with a HUGE head on a not as friendly contract in essence got the Vikings a 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 5th rounder and a 6th rounder and no bloated overpaid RB contract.

Sorry IMO there really is not better reasoning for ******* on the trade via comparisons. Now could Johnson ball out and show worth of his contract, sure. I'd argue even then he wasn't worth it. Shoot I think in long run us trading Aaron Jones and a 2nd for Hopkins would be fleecing Houston as we avoid overpaying a RB in an era of the league where that just hasn't panned out well for teams more than not...and we get Hopkins on an incredibly friendly contract for what like 3 seasons.

Before last year though... David Johnson was basically a top 3 RB in this league... Johnson was McCaffrey before Christian was. If he gets back to that RB... then the trade won't look as bad. If DJ becomes what he was... Watson and Johnson is a SCARY pairing in the backfield.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before last year though... David Johnson was basically a top 3 RB in this league... Johnson was McCaffrey before Christian was. If he gets back to that RB... then the trade won't look as bad. If DJ becomes what he was... Watson and Johnson is a SCARY pairing in the backfield.

Not nearly as scary as Watson and Hopkins was.

H

HardRightEdge

Whether or not the Hopkins deal was a bad one for Houston has nothing to do with Diggs.

H

HardRightEdge

Oh it does when comparing the two LOL which is where our disconnect is coming from.
Yeah, well, Hopkins is a one off. Saying Minnesota got a better deal thn Houston is not relevant. The next trade or free agent deal resets the market back where it was.

Besides exagerations and conflations, confusing outliers with the norm should be avoided.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers have tendered Allen Lazard as an Exclusive Rights Free Agent, no big surprise there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Can't beat the price.
Yup, no surprise there. I believe Kumerow is back as well on the cheap as an ERFA. I don't expect Allison to be back, unless he shops around and finds out he is best to sign for league minimum in Green Bay, with only incentives and no guarantees. I think the Packers use at least one pick if not 2 on a rookie WR, so odds are with Adams, Lazard, Rookie(s), MVS, ESB and Kumerow, Allison would have an uphill battle to even make the roster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts