Poll on Rodger's Pocket Presence

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I thought that when I break down film of a guy breaking 8 sacks I'm kind of showing he's elite at that.

Guess not.

Regarding proof, I say the same. Until you show that other guys breaking as many sacks as Rodgers, I'll figure he's the best at it... Because, so far, you haven't shown anything, and you haven't even commented on my points, just dismissed them left and right...

Nice, cant argue or prove it so you ask me to disprove something you cant back up.

Yes Packers highlights shows other QBs ability to avoid sacks (rolls eyes).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice, cant argue or prove it so you ask me to disprove something you cant back up.
You did the absolute same. I show the guy playing out of his mind, you say he's not elite because I'm not showing others perform worse.

Yes Packers highlights shows other QBs ability to avoid sacks (rolls eyes).
It shows his ability to avoid sacks, which is what is in question...

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this is an entertaining conversation, it sounds all too familiar to me. I had an almost identical discussion regarding interceptions in my FF league. Why do QBs get hit with the INT stat when it clearly bounced right of the hands/chest of the correct receiver? What it comes down to is that the NFL is hell bent on collecting and analyzing every type of stat there is. Lets be honest, statistics can be read into in many ways depending on the intellect and knowledge of the reader.
"Sacks" stat is only appropriate for the tackler who made the sack. "Pocket presence" is a thing you have to see, but can't analyze by the numbers. eg. I can see Aaron dominate against a team and own the pocket, but if I missed the game and was just looking at stats, zero sacks doesn't tell me how well he played.

I think when you talk about something like "pocket presence" the prefix " IMO (in my opinion)" is a given.

Now kiss and make up you two.