1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff scenario generator.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raptorman, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
  2. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah that is very fun :D

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Didn't know that... Pretty good tool. But I disagree with it's projections... Doubt we'll win it out. Would certainly like it, but doubt it.

4. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Ah, you make the projections. It just changes who is in the playoffs by who you pick to win.

5. Troides

Troides Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm....I tried changing that thing around and no matter what the Packers ended up playing the Cardinals. That should be interesting.

6. ColtsSeahawks

ColtsSeahawks Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with most of it. I dont think the Packers win out but could definitely get in the wild card at 11-5 or 10-6.

I dont see the Jags or Cowboys getting in the playoffs though, but who knows at this point anything is up for grabs. Weird... Such a competitive year in 09.

If the Colts rest their starters and have a first round bye... 2 weeks off and then they have to fact a hot team like the Patriots or Chargers now that terrifies me.

7. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    You have to change just about everyone to get it move the Packers. I had them playing Dallas, Eagles, Cardinals, Niners, and Giants.

When you first open it. If you change the Phil-NYG game in wk 15 the Packers end up playing the Giants.

8. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I still think the Packers do not lose a game the rest of the season to finish 12-4. And if the vikings start a 2 game losing streak with another loss to the Bengals. That viking locker room will start to rumble.

Next the viking have 2 road games, Carolina and at the bears (cold out door game)

Finish the year at home against the NY Giants, who may also be playing for a wild card.

I can see the vikings losing 3 out of 4. That puts the Pack as division champs. This year when the vikings were healthy they almost lost to the 49ers and the Ravens. The vikings are not healthy and have a QB that may be showing signs of his age.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I know that, but they have a projected record for each team, and they listed us as 12-4...

10. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5

That would be awesome! :viksux:

11. LostnSpace

LostnSpace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We all look ahead BUT... Let's take em one game at a time and that way we can enjoy the "Journey of 2009". Just sit back relax and enjoy the weekends with the "Wins". I know what I want for this Holiday Season.

12. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    True but as fans all we have to do is look ahead :). I am sure the players are taking it one game at a time but I am riding the Packer high right now and thinking about the playoffs.

13. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +1,005
    If you change who wins, that changes the projected team record. Try it. Go in and give the Packers a loss and see if it changes to 11-5.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I see it man. My point is that it wasn't randomly configurated... And, like I said before, I did find it a neat tool. It helps a lot, I don't have to do so much calculation...

15. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Your not the only one, I am thinking about us in the Playoffs :D

16. DILLIGAFF

DILLIGAFF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    The biggest thing I take away from the program is the fact at 10-6 there are an even number of scenarios that get the Pack in and if the Atlanta, NY Giants, and Eagles get on winning streaks we are out at 10-6.

I am not as certain the 10-6 will do it this year the more I play with the program.

17. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Well, I did some scenarios... If we win next game, we're in. But if we don't, and NY wins, it'll be though. It'll take Washington to win some game for us to enter.