Playing keep away at the end...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was LMAO (As well as my gf) at the end of MNF when the Pack return team turned a football game into keep away by throwing the ball all over the field during the last ditch return effort as time was running out.
And if they hadn't gotten the penalty, (Figures that the last play was done in by a penalty, right?) then who knows what could have happened?
They were doing a good job of keeping the ball alive.
And how far did they get down field?
Why don't return teams do this more often?
Seems like they would get farther than the ol basic 20 yrd. line.

Your thoughts? :derisive:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but it looks like pure genius when it works and results in a TD, (just need to beware if forward lateral passes). It confuses the hell out of the D and looks funny as hell. The only other crazy play I like better than this is the flea flicker! It cracks me up fierce when they do that!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I was laughing at that too, I felt after the first forward pass how great would it be if they just threw a hail mary. Didn't know Donald Driver was on special teams.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best. Lateral. Ever...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuD4cmQ_ZDI]YouTube - Boise State Hook N Ladder (Fiesta Bowl)[/ame]

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rugby...
It's one thing with trained guys, and they lose the ball all the time.
But NFL players have no clue to how to do it, and it would take too much to practice it.

One in a million play.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Baha yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen them try it. I payed no attention to our 18th penalty there to watch that madness unfold!

BMatt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also another pretty good lateral.. The Music City Miracle..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2I4_UP8_2M]YouTube - "The Music City Miracle" - Tennessee Titans vs. Buffalo Bills - January 8, 2000[/ame]

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Why did they stop that play?

Reason I ask is say a Bears player gets frustrated and commits a penalty, then the penalties offset and we get to try it again. Instead they just stopped the play in the middle of the play, which I found weird.

Not that we were going to score, but it just didn't seem like protocol to stop the play in the middle of the play.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why did they stop that play?

Reason I ask is say a Bears player gets frustrated and commits a penalty, then the penalties offset and we get to try it again. Instead they just stopped the play in the middle of the play, which I found weird.

Not that we were going to score, but it just didn't seem like protocol to stop the play in the middle of the play.

If there is an offensive penalty, I think there would be a run-off, and we were already at 0:00.. so the game would be over.. but I don't remember it exactly, I was already so pissed off that I just walked out the bar..

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You aren't on offense though, it's a special teams play.

And I don't think there's a runoff if there's offsetting penalties.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
probably something with throwing an illegal forward pass then the as soon as the ball hits the ground it's dead.. and anything that happens after doesn't matter.. I'm just guessing.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is an offensive penalty, I think there would be a run-off, and we were already at 0:00.. so the game would be over.. but I don't remember it exactly, I was already so pissed off that I just walked out the bar..

Exactly what I was thinking. I was so pissed off that laughing at anything was out of the question.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably something with throwing an illegal forward pass then the as soon as the ball hits the ground it's dead.. and anything that happens after doesn't matter.. I'm just guessing.

Yeah, I was thinking one of the refs must of spotted an illegal forward (lateral?) pass, resulting in the whistle and stoppage of play. Either that or the refs arms were sore from throwing all those flags and they just wanted the game to be over.

Members online

Latest posts