Peprah vs. Burnett: Who wins coveted starting safety position in 2011?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett had a hell of a start that ended in IR. Peprah has been an absolute sponge reading the offense and being dependable.

It's gonna be battle for the starting position next year, so who do you guys think wins it?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I wouldn't screw with a good thing and move Woodson. I like having a really good nickel back in Shields. You move Wood and promote Shields and we're back to having an unproven guy there.

I think the organization would like Burnett to win his job back. I see a preseason battle coming.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't screw with a good thing and move Woodson. I like having a really good nickel back in Shields. You move Wood and promote Shields and we're back to having an unproven guy there.

I think the organization would like Burnett to win his job back. I see a preseason battle coming.

I say experiment with coverage early on. Dunno exactly what to experiment with, but along with weaknesses, we'll find some strengths in our players.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why on earth would you move woodson? he hasnt lost a step. He is just blitzing like crazy lol and makes alot of plays in the backfield. I really like peprah so I so let them fight for it but I think he wins.

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were McCarthy, I would put Woodson at safety and have Williams and Shields as the starting CBs. A secondary of Williams, Woodson, Collins, and Shields would be unbelievable.

Either Underwood, Lee, or a rookie as the nickel back and we are set.

Burnett learns under Woodson. Peprah is there for insurance.
Woodson is a pretty good player wish our team had a good corner

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why on earth would you move woodson? he hasnt lost a step. He is just blitzing like crazy lol and makes alot of plays in the backfield. I really like peprah so I so let them fight for it but I think he wins.
How many seasons has woodson been in the league?

dawhole9

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were McCarthy, I would put Woodson at safety and have Williams and Shields as the starting CBs. A secondary of Williams, Woodson, Collins, and Shields would be unbelievable.

Either Underwood, Lee, or a rookie as the nickel back and we are set.

Burnett learns under Woodson. Peprah is there for insurance.
The way you guys beat the Bears today, I would leave the defense how it already is.

L

Lunchboxer

Keep Woonson there hes a great VET to keep around and hes a good physical player. He did win the Heisman trophy. The only Cornerback to get it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the poster who said move Woodson. It makes the most sense since he is best at roaming the field and making plays. Let the younger guys get settled in at corner. A year ago Woodson wasn't having problems against anyone, this year he has struggled several times.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Burnett and Peprah battle it out in camp for the spot. I think Burnett is a little faster than Peprah, but Peprah has played very well (minus the half assed tackle attempt on Connely's kickoff return haha) Should be interesting to see who gets the job!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe trade one of them?

If we have anything like the injuries we've had this year we won't want to trade either of them.

Personally I think you let them fight for the job. I personally think Burnett probably has the edge but we shall see.