Packers vs Seattle Week 2

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me also say while I called Mike McCarthy out for being too brash last week, as a fan I am going to be brash this week and call my shots on this game with BOLD, and I mean extremely bold predictions here. Here they are:

1. Marshawn Lynch will not even break 100 yards. I say he gets held to 80 or less.

2. Russell Wilson gets sacked 5 times. We've dragged him to the turf before behind a stronger O-line and I think Julius Peppers is going to be playing so angry Sunday night that he is going to eat that guy alive. 5 sacks with 3 going to Peppers, 1 to CM3, and the other to Neal.

3. There are only 2 threats in that receiving corps, Jermaine Kearse and Jimmy Graham. And even if Graham did score a TD last week, he's been very much less effective than he was with Brees throwing him that ball.

4. Pete Caroll will get no ST breaks in this game and anything he tries is going to backfire with Ty Montgomery scoring TDs out of them.

On top of all these it would not matter if Kam was playing tomorrow night, he was nothing special against us in that NFC CG and for all that thing about him being such a physical hard hitting safety, Richard Rodgers plowed him over and wrecked him in that game and essentially rendered him ineffective.

We are going to win guaranteed tomorrow night.
Wow. Hope you're right, but I think your post is out of touch with reality. I see a close game that comes down to the last possession. Hopefully that is with our offense with the ball.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
This is really frustrating. Cant believe if bulaga misses one game its agains the seahawks, just like last year. I don't think bulaga playing last year would have made a difference, but he will be missed. It was obvious in pre-season there was a huge drop off from our starting O-lineman and our next best backup.

Yes we can look at the glass half full and be happy he'll only be out for a couple week at most, however this makes a tough game even tougher, and id be lying if I didn't say this is a revenge game in my eyes (even though the players probably don't feel that way) and I just want to have our best for this team I despise.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the NFL. the difference between 6-10 and 10-6 isn't that great. I never said they were a bad team. I said I predict em at 8-8. Obviously any team can get beat on "Any given Sunday."

You didn't predict them at 8-8 you said they were an 8-8 team. In my opinion, and yes it is just my opinion, there is a subtle difference and they are still a very dangerous team. Also, when you use the "Any given Sunday" line it says to me that yeah, any team can get lucky and win game. The Seahawks are not a team that needs to get lucky to win. This will be one of the toughest games for the Packers this season and while I do think they will win it will not be easy. The Seahawks are certainly not an "any given Sunday" team

I think you are taking them lightly just like so many fans were taking the Bears lightly last week. Yes we won the game but in that case if we applied the "any given Sunday" rule you might think it was the Packers we were talking about instead of the Bears.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I hope he can play right tackle better than left tackle, he did a poor job in pre season. He looked like a revolving door.
He did get a little better as the preseason went on so I hope it's a matter of him 'knocking the rust off' and continuing to get over his injury. But he certainly has to play better than he did in preseason.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You didn't predict them at 8-8 you said they were an 8-8 team. In my opinion, and yes it is just my opinion, there is a subtle difference and they are still a very dangerous team. Also, when you use the "Any given Sunday" line it says to me that yeah, any team can get lucky and win game. The Seahawks are not a team that needs to get lucky to win. This will be one of the toughest games for the Packers this season and while I do think they will win it will not be easy. The Seahawks are certainly not an "any given Sunday" team

I think you are taking them lightly just like so many fans were taking the Bears lightly last week. Yes we won the game but in that case if we applied the "any given Sunday" rule you might think it was the Packers we were talking about instead of the Bears.

I wold normally agree with you. With an offensive line that might be the worst in the NFL and 3 major players out of there secondary from a year ago there not scary at all when you consider were getting them at Lambeau. If you look back over the last few years the Seahawks aren't as good on the road.

Nobody is talking about Jeremy Lane not playing. If you go back and watch the Super Bowl you will see that when Lane went down NE had there way in the slot with Edelman. IMO Jeremy Lane is there best pure "cover guy" on there roster and an unsung hero who plays a pivotal role in there nickel that allows everyone else to do what they do on the back end. I expect Cobb to completely destroy rookie "Tye Smith" in the slot and have his way "all night long." I also don't think Cary Williams can handle Devante. Then you throw in Dion Bailey playing safety and I think it's gonna be a long night for Seattle's D.

There only chance as I have posted in earlier posts is to "clock hog" with Lynch. Sure, they have Jimmie Graham but you can have all the shinny toys in the world but if you can't block it doesn't matter. I don't think they have the O-line to pull it off.

There not even the best team in the west anymore IMO. Not unless Foles and Palmer go down. Russell Wilson isn't a "high volume" passer. I am more scared of the Rams as they have a D-line that can get to Rodgers possibly with 4 which has been proven can cause our offense to stall.

I will add that the recent injury to Bulaga does concern me a bit in this game.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, here is how it is going to go down:

Packer defense gets real aggressive. Their goal is to hit Russel Wilson, hit him early, hit him often. Look for lots of interior blitzes with Clay Maker hitting home 2x. Wilson tosses up 3 ints.

On offense, Rodgers has a good day carving up the Hawk secondary that suddenly looks closer to ordinary. Look for lots of mid to short quick passes. Lacy is busy with a few screens and off-tackle runs, getting nearly as many yds recieving as rushing.

Packers 30-18. Rodger 28-36-285-3-0 Lacy 85-1
Wilson 30-42-210-1-3 SkittleBoy 125-1

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah and lets not forget it was at Seattle on there banner night and they had a healthy Jeremy Lane, Kam Chancellor, Bryon Maxwell, Max Unger, James Carpenter, Tony Mcdaniel and Percy Harvin with some "un-scouted look" Gizmo offense that hadn't been figured out yet. There current secondary and offensive line are in shambles. Plus Lynch's miles are on "borrowed time." This is some team that "had" an elite defense and no big QB contract. They just coughed up 34 to the Rams. The juggernaut Rams offense.

And let´s not forget the Packers had a healthy Jordy Nelson during both games last season as well.

The Seahawks gave up 28 points on the road to the Rams last season as well but ended up being the best defense in football again. It seems the Rams always play them tough in St. Louis. The Seahawks offensive line is for a sure a major weakness but that has been the case for quite some time. Their secondary should mostly be fine but with Chancellor out they could be vulnerable covering RBs and TEs which the Rams were able to exploit. All the other guys you mentioned the Seahawks are missing won´t make any difference.

I believe your secret "Seahawk love affair" will be over soon.

Compared to you I don´t need to excoriate other good teams to feel better about myself. The Seahawks are still the team to beat in the NFC and I don´t have any problem showing respect for their team (as the Packers coaching staff and players do as well).

There are only 2 threats in that receiving corps, Jermaine Kearse and Jimmy Graham. And even if Graham did score a TD last week, he's been very much less effective than he was with Brees throwing him that ball.

Doug Baldwin (who had 100+ receiving yards in the NFCCG) is the Seahawks leading receiver. Graham has played a total of one game with the Seahawks, way too early to make an education evaluation.

Do we keep Richard Rodgers in to help him at all blocking Cliff Avril or somebody?

Rodgers is a work in progress as a blocker. I´d rather have Kuhn chipping in.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Seahawks gave up 28 points on the road to the Rams last season as well but ended up being the best defense in football again. It seems the Rams always play them tough in St. Louis.
Yes, since Carroll has been HC of the Seahawks, they’re 2-4 at St. Louis and 1-3 over the last four games in St. Louis. The Rams haven’t beaten a Carroll led Seahawks team in Seattle.

This is an interesting story what Jimmy Graham’s alignment meant to the Rams’ defense; he was basically a "tell". Graham is a fantastic receiving TE but apparently can’t block at the point of attack so the Rams knew if it was a run, it was going away from where Graham lined up. Of course the Seahawks will figure that out too and my guess is they’ll split him out more. But if Graham is that weak blocking at the point of attack, I hope the Packers plan to beat him up (within 5 yards of the LOS) on passing plays. On an obvious passing down, why not at the very least disrupt his timing and route?
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-graham-st-louis-rams-game-of-the-week-091715

D

Deleted member 6794

This is an interesting story what Jimmy Graham’s alignment meant to the Rams’ defense; he was basically a "tell". Graham is a fantastic receiving TE but apparently can’t block at the point of attack so the Rams knew if it was a run, it was going away from where Graham lined up. Of course the Seahawks will figure that out too and my guess is they’ll split him out more. But if Graham is that weak blocking at the point of attack, I hope the Packers plan to beat him up (within 5 yards of the LOS) on passing plays. On an obvious passing down, why not at the very least disrupt his timing and route?
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-graham-st-louis-rams-game-of-the-week-091715

I haven´t seen enough of Graham´s games to make an educated guess about his blocking ability. According to PFF he has been an average run blocker during his career though.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Yes, since Carroll has been HC of the Seahawks, they’re 2-4 at St. Louis and 1-3 over the last four games in St. Louis. The Rams haven’t beaten a Carroll led Seahawks team in Seattle.

I was over at one of the Seahawk forums reading there their posts, and saw one that went like this:

"We [Seahawks] are Green Bay's Rams"

I agree. Until we beat Seattle, there they are our kryptonite.

Were We're going to need to play a close-to-perfect game, IMO. I think we can do it.

Packers 34
Seahawks 31

Sky King

Reaction score
Ever since Janis easily tossed-aside that buffed Saints DB trying to jam him (to get free for a TD in the preseason) I have had visions of him defeating a jam by Sherman and leaving him in his dust on an out route. Not a prediction, just a single play that I would really like to send in to Rodgers just for the fun of it. I will do so once again after I rest my head on my pillow tonight.

Sky King

Reaction score
McCarthy and Capers are putting a lot of faith in an ILB who is essentially one-handed. Yet he's expected to successfully take-0n the best tackle-breaking RB in the NFL. Not a promising match-up IMHO. Wilson may throw nary a pass. He may not need to unless there's some new wrinkle coming from the Packer D that we have not seen before.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
there their ... there they ... Were We're
Since you quoted my post, I assume your "corrections" were aimed at me. I posted: "Yes, since Carroll has been HC of the Seahawks, they’re 2-4 at St. Louis..." "they're" is a contraction of "they are", "there" would have been incorrect.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I haven´t seen enough of Graham´s games to make an educated guess about his blocking ability. According to PFF he has been an average run blocker during his career though.

Graham is a below average run blocker. Also, the Seahawks are using him as an "in-line TE." He isn't being used like he was at NO. About the only thing Graham has been showcased on thus far is short to intermediate routes off "boot aand waggle" action.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy and Capers are putting a lot of faith in an ILB who is essentially one-handed. Yet he's expected to successfully take-0n the best tackle-breaking RB in the NFL. Not a promising match-up IMHO. Wilson may throw nary a pass. He may not need to unless there's some new wrinkle coming from the Packer D that we have not seen before.

Palmer played with a brace vs. the Bears that allowed him some use of his fingers. He was back to a club-like wrap during yesterday´s practice so let´s hope he didn´t aggrevate the injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

Graham is a below average run blocker. Also, the Seahawks are using him as an "in-line TE." He isn't being used like he was at NO. About the only thing Graham has been showcased on thus far is short to intermediate routes off "boot aand waggle" action.

How many Saints game have you watched with your main attention on Graham´s run blocking over the last five years??? With your blind hatred of the Seahawks I don´t value your opinion over an independent company which has their data being used by multiple NFL teams.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
How many Saints game have you watched with your main attention on Graham´s run blocking over the last five years??? With your blind hatred of the Seahawks I don´t value your opinion over an independent company which has their data being used by multiple NFL teams.

I've watched quite a few actually. Maybe you should look up the fact that the Saints front office got rid of Graham cause they thought he was soft and not worth the salary they were paying him.

Furthermore, he wasn't asked to block as much "in-line" at NO. They liked to spread him outside.

Members online

No members online now.